1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] Changing terrain ingame using Firetuner

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by skodkim, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Piruparka

Piruparka Chieftain

Skodkim, this is awesome, thank you very much for your effort! It seems like there's problems with placing NWs that range over more than one tile. Do you have an idea on how this can be solved?

2. Piruparka

Piruparka Chieftain

Can you explain what this means? I don't unterstand, what to do. :( I experience the same issue.

3. CivilKat

CivilKat Chieftain

Piruparka, after i finished editing my map with firetuner I went to the lua console panel and selected GameCore_Tuner.

Then in the bar down the bottom where you can enter text, just write TerrainBuilder.AnalyzeChokepoints() and then press enter and it should run this function on the map you have edited (it might take a minute or two and your game wont respond during this time).

After I did that my map ran fine and i could settle on the formerly sea tiles without issue. You just need to run this function after you have finished editing a map with firetuner.

4. Piruparka

Piruparka Chieftain

I created a button for this, now it works like a charm. Thanks a lot guys!

5. NicolaiDue

NicolaiDue Chieftain

How did you guys get it to work? i have not worked with the firetuner before, so i'm really new to this, i have tried to overwrite files in "firetuner" and in "Debug" but I still can't get it to work... i am able to work with the Uiunits panel and the player panel, but not with the worldbuilder or the unit panels provided by Skodkim!

6. Palavos

Palavos Chieftain

did you enabled Firetuner in the AppOptions.txt located in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI ? When you run Fire tuner does it connect or it say "Disconnected" in the bottom left? If it connects, do you go File -> open panel and select world builder? What exactly is not working btw :)

7. NicolaiDue

NicolaiDue Chieftain

Yes the Firetuner is enabled in the Appoptions.txt - And yes it does say "connect" in the bottom corner :0) I can get the "Player" and "Uiunits" tabs to work, but not the files downloaded from Skodkim... in the top left corner where i can choose between "mainstate" - "Gamecore_Tuner" - "Ingame" etc... it's blank when i open the files from skodkim.

8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

but do you have the new tab when you've done that : "File -> open panel and select world builder"

9. NicolaiDue

NicolaiDue Chieftain

This tab? Skærmbillede (2).png

10. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

yes, should be filled with data, does the original file works for you ?

11. NicolaiDue

NicolaiDue Chieftain

This is exactly the same with the original files, and the player tab works (sometimes with errors) do i need to right click in the black space and edit the panel?

12. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Are you using civ6 or civ5 Firetuner ?

13. NicolaiDue

NicolaiDue Chieftain

Hahahahaha... i'm so sorry for wasting your time... never knew that there was a firetuner for Civ6 so i used the one for Civ5... so sorry and thank you for enlightning my civ6 experience.

14. Palavos

Palavos Chieftain

Is there a panel for city / districts building? (Basically for District placing/building, since I can then buy with gold all buildings)

15. pugnovic

pugnovic Chieftain

Hi.

When I use FireTuner and I click on Terrain Placement Enabled from WorldBuilder's panel, the sticker disappears! And I can't change terrain on map. The sticker disappears only for that option while the rest remains and I can change the other things.

how can I solve this problem?

16. Palavos

Palavos Chieftain

Saddenly I have a problem using the firetuner / WorldBuilder. Everything works except the terrain placement https://i.imgur.com/f9pQZD8.png

I cannot check the box to enable it. I check and it auto-uncheck :( I have not added any new mod or anything... Any idea why is this happening?

EDIT: I see the above poster also has same problem...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  17. Llednar Twem

Llednar Twem Chieftain

Did you both follow the instructions earlier in the topic? They weren't added to the opening post, but a solution to the auto-uncheck thing was provided a few posts in., and has been working fine for me. I did have a related question though: how do you use this to add a lake? Adding small patches of coast tiles doesn't result in them becoming lake tiles even on a reload, they just stay as "coast".

I also tried a couple other changes mainly just to see what happened, and these were the results:
    Adding land to isolate a suitably small amount of existing coast still just leaves it as coast.
    Existing lakes do not change even if coast is added to connect them to the ocean.

I'm not much of a programmer...in that I know literally nothing on the subject...but it seems like "lake vs coast" is determined during map generation and never checked again?

18. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

You might need to do an "AreaBuilder.Recalculate();"

I have not tried this method yet to see if it is valid outside of a map generation script so it might just throw up a nil function error.

But lakes are calculated based on the area-size of the water-body. Anything less than 10 contiguous tiles of TERRAIN_COAST are interpretted as lakes. The setting the number of tiles is in a global parameter. So if you connect an actual lake to sea but do not make the game recalculate the map's "Areas" it might not update itself for this.

As an fyi each lake waterbody and each sea waterbody is considered its own "area".

Continents are a little different in civ6. In civ5 each landmass was its own "area" (with each lake "area" contained on a given continent considered as its own animal), but I am not sure if this calculation of map areas holds true in civ6.

19. Llednar Twem

Llednar Twem Chieftain

That seems to have done the trick. Between that command and a reload the small coast patches are now properly recognized as lakes. Thanks for the help!

20. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

I'm using 6 and my panel looks the same.