Somethings I don't like

amboo

Chieftain
-Can only build courthouses in captured cities, not very realistic according to real life
-Science and gold are separate so if you are losing gold there is no real help
-Wonder videos (also i like rock n' roll, hollywood, and broadway)
-absence of Religion and corporations
-One leader for each civ, no spain, and barely anything from africa
-Hotseat, civopedia at main menu, and world builder
--edit--
oh yeah I forgot about Maps. We should be able to trade those

Hopefully they can add these in later. I'm sick of, they can mod that, I'd rather a game be complete rather than up to us to put things in.

If your gold is on minus, you loose science I think.

I really want corporations back... maybe they will add them back in a future addon, with even better options.

Don't worry, this will be fixed with the next expansion pack! If you preorder it, you'll get [insert something that was in Civ many times before]

the gold in minus losing science didn't help. I got down to like -36 gold per turn until I changed some cities to produce wealth. I had to rely on golden ages to go up a few hundred a couple of turns, but once those were up, i was down to -30 gpt again.

You do realise your not supposed to go that far into the minuses. Build trading posts, stop building buildings and roads.

the gold in minus losing science didn't help. I got down to like -36 gold per turn until I changed some cities to produce wealth. I had to rely on golden ages to go up a few hundred a couple of turns, but once those were up, i was down to -30 gpt again.

You can always demolish some buildings, clear some roads, or delete some units to reduce your expenses. You can also adopt social policies that boost income, as well as produce economic buildings.

There is nothing in this game which costs money except by some deliberate action you take (as far as I know... correct me if I'm wrong), so it seems that you have only yourself to blame for ending up in such dire financial straits.

And, the science thing means that if you are running a negative income, and you do not have enough money in the treasury to cover it, then you will have science deducted.

Am I really supposed to not build infrastructure as a large empire? To me that hurts the game

There is nothing in this game which costs money except by some deliberate action you take (as far as I know... correct me if I'm wrong), so it seems that you have only yourself to blame for ending up in such dire financial straits.
Puppet cities can kill you with maintenance costs.
And, the science thing means that if you are running a negative income, and you do not have enough money in the treasury to cover it, then you will have science deducted.
You will, but it doesn't make much of a difference. The game will start deleting units, too.

You can always demolish some buildings, clear some roads, or delete some units to reduce your expenses. You can also adopt social policies that boost income, as well as produce economic buildings.

Yep, he was likely building too many roads, or trying to build every building in every city. I have just been building one road per city, that goes straight to the capital, and roads to city-states that request them (if they're not too far away).

Top Bottom