Sources for info

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Civil.../Civilization-5-Exklusives-Interview-1066403/ (in Deutsch)
English translation

Interview with Josh Barczak, working at Firaxis as a senior programmer for the graphics engine of Civilization 5 - Brave New World.

Not any new info about the expansion, but interesting stuff about graphics engine and such.

I was intrigued by one thing: the video at the bottom of the page shows Marrakech as a city annexed by the Dutch, but watching the video it appears to definitely be Gods and Kings footage (there's no tourism icon, for instance). I don't have German, so I have no idea whether the video is a repeat of the interview or if it's something from G&K.

i just watched the 2 Q&A's with Dennis Shirk. why do they barely have two thousand views? i would have thought something like that would have 50k or more views.

im admittedly someone who doesnt keep up with announcements or interview but im surprised some of these havent gotten much interest.

meh, worth the 2 minute read out of curiosity but nothing really huge revealed there. unless the site really needs the page hits, here is the text from the interview:

During a recent livestream I asked Civ fans to send me some specific questions for the development team at Firaxis. You guys delivered!

Please keep sending me your questions, you may find them featured on the blog along with an answer from Firaxis.

-Kate

www.twitter.com/Ga1Friday

Q: What is the strength value of one of the unrevealed units?
A: 34. But it might change.

Q: Is one of the not yet revealed civs from Europe?
A: Do you mean Europe, the Eurasian landmass, or culturally European but located elsewhere? But seriously, the answer is yes. We have a European Civ coming still.

Q: What is the star thing on Biology we saw on the other live stream?
A: The star means that the tech allows you to establish an additional international trade route.

Q: What is the name of a Unique Ability found in the next civ you want to reveal?
A: Sorry, we can’t reveal that. However a snippet of the text string describing the Unique Ability can be shared. That is: ‘… for each International Trade Route with …’”

Q: In which era do the new Aesthetics and Exploration policy trees become available?
A: Aesthetics is a Classical Era SP. Exploration comes online in the Medieval Era.

Top Bottom