Speech is Free - Unless it's Critical!

Damn unpatriotic terrorist teenagers! We should sent THEM to Abu Gharib!

[/sarcasm]

I don't see how this can be tied to Bush, even if the principal is a Bush supporter. I can't imagine Bush going "Heh...heh...heh...I'm gonna eliminate free speech in this high school somewhere in New Mexico. Then when people ask 'Is our children learning?" I can say, 'I are happy to report the answer is yes, our children is learning!''

Whoever's in charge of that place should be fired. Let's hope there's nothing giving them tenure!

Wait a minute....why does a high school have a military liaison? I don't remember such a thing even in my despotic high school.

forget the bush thing already. curt mentioned it once and then took it back, so leave it out, yeah?

The Yankee said:
Wait a minute....why does a high school have a military liaison? I don't remember such a thing even in my despotic high school.

Obviously to force young people into becoming the future stormtroopers of the compassionate right! (sarcasm)

As I said, all minor functionaries seek to buy favour by being tireless seekers of treason, even if there is none.

Sickening story. Events like this makes me upset. Very good thing that it gets out in the open though and that there was no lid put on it.

@Curt - The same thing also would have happened if the poetry had been considered
"insensitive" by some minority kid (or more likely their parents). So the
First Amendment is being put in jeopardy both by the Patriot Act and
Political Correctness.

The Last Conformist said:
I'm somewhat comforted that no-one's leapt to the defense of the patriotic principial ...
Allow me.

The graph below clearly shows that it is in the vital interest of the life of the POTUS (which of course we should all preserve even if we disagree with him), and therefore the interest of the state as a whole, to squash dissent in public schools and elsewhere.

Attachments

• graph.GIF
    graph.GIF
    6 KB · Views: 140
WillJ said:
Allow me.

The graph below clearly shows that it is in the vital interest of the life of the POTUS (which of course we should all preserve even if we disagree with him), and therefore the interest of the state as a whole, to squash dissent in public schools and elsewhere.

:lol: That is the wittiest thing I've seen in a while, thanks. Can I have your permission to reproduce your graph?

IglooDude said:
:lol: That is the wittiest thing I've seen in a while, thanks. Can I have your permission to reproduce your graph?
Thank you, and sure, go right ahead.

This is outlandish. I feel like writing a poem that is anti-Iraq and checking my school's policy on censorship.

I'm not usually one to protest, but if this happened at my school, I would not rest until this wrong was righted.

rmsharpe said:
This scandal obviously goes all the way to the top! BUSHITLER RESIGN NOW!

:mad::mad:Rmsharpe, You ultra-liberals are always so quick to compare Bush to Hitler :mad::mad:.

Next time you think about the similiarities between Bush and Hitler, why don't you also think about the differences before you jump to the conclusion that Bush=Hitler.
1) Hitler killed 11million people civilians during his war in Europe. Bush ordered a halt to the counting of civilian deaths in Iraq, but I'm pretty sure it's less than 11 million

2) Hitler was anti-Semitic and blamed Jews for everything. Bush's policies often indirectly targeted Muslims (some of which are anti-semitic themselves). So Bush is in a way pro-Semitic. :goodjob:

3) Hitler killed numerous sick people, elderlies and homosexuals. Bush merely cut medical expenses to the sick and elderlies, and merely branded homosexuals are sinners.

4) Hitler took advantage of a national disaster to turn the country away from Democracy, impose laws of patriotism and encourage spying amongst neighbors. Bush's favorite color is shiny.

5) Hitler was a disgrace to Germany. Bush is NOT a disgrace to Germany.

Now that you have the facts, maybe you'll think next time before you compare Bush to Hitler.

Plus, Sharpy gets the special 'first person to mention Hitler in this thread' swastika/oak leaf medal.

Top Bottom