Starship Trooper - 11/7/2006

man that is something special. But, you got it all wrong.
Your unit is more animated then any of the morons in that very bad movie.

That one is awesome through in through especially the death.

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. . .Service guarentees citizenship!

Excellent CAP trooper there Navy Dawg! :goodjob:

NavyDawg said:
It wasn't that bad.

Thanks for the comments. I did get a little carried away with the attack anims, but I think it offers a nice variety.
Not sure, but I think he was trying to be funny and compliment you at the same time. Nice unit, but the movie was pretty cheese.

Wow- I am away a few days only to be presented with this MARVELOUS infantry unit at my return - what can I say- its well made and differential in its animations, superbly funny :D and just perfect for my ancient macedonian scenario :lol:

Death and Paradrop are real jems- will be getting a nice spot also in epic games!!!

Stormrage said:
Bjorn, I think the Dawg did get the comment :)

Also, the movie isn`t that bad, its one of the 2 SF movies my old dad likes! Total Recall being the other.. :crazyeye:
Ok, I'll take your word for the fact that Navydawg got the sorta joke.
And, even though I find it difficult to comprehend I'll even take your word for the fact that some people liked the movie. I might be close to your dad's age; but unlike him, I am a life long fan of SciFi. But, I kept groaning through that movie. The worst was that pretty girl they got as a pilot who could not wipe the horsehockyeating grin off her face no matter what was going on. Obviously she could not get the "wee I'm in a movie" thoughts outta her head. The rest of the movie was the same for me. Lots of interesting ideas done very badly... almost so badly that it was borderline one of those movies that was made intentionally bad as some sort of art form.
That said, some of the best unit ideas come from movies that were done a little badly. This unit is certainly well done no matter what the inspiration.
For the record, I agree with yoru dad that Total Recall was incredibly cool, though my two favorites were the original Starwars and Outland.

NavyDawg said:
I did get a little carried away with the attack anims, but I think it offers a nice variety.
Are you kidding!?That is one bad-assed one man army!:rockon:

RL has been dragging me down and putting the brakes on progress of the "O-show". If this superbly done and super fun looking unit doesn't snap me out of the funk I'm in nothing will. Thanks for this awesome unit Dawg!

A great unit. You have such good attention to detail - it's easy to tell that you really want to make a good unit and enjoy doing it. You've very quickly become one of the best unit makers active right now.

I like this unit. I think it would make a good stand in for the Objective Force Warrior. I have one question. Does anyone know of any sites out there offering free or relatively cheap copies (when I say cheap I mean $20 range) of poser or bryce? I saw where the manufacturers had their promotions, but I don't get online often enough to catch most of that stuff. I have blender, but I can't make heads or tails of it, and I have truespace, but from what I understand it is really only usefull for making props. I would like to try my hand at making some of these units. Thanks.

Thanks again for all the nice comments. I didn't know this guy would be so popular. Sci-fi seems to be one of the least popular genres here, although I suppose he could pass for a near future or even modern day infantry.

19Delta, do you want to make humanoids or vehicles? For vehicles, you can get Bryce 6 fairly cheaply right now here: http://www.daz3d.com/

Poser 5, what I have been using, is good for humans. I don't know of any Poser deals, but V5 should be cheap somewhere, since it is not the newest versions.

Thanks NavyDawg. I would like to start with some vehicles that I've noticed haven't been made yet. Sheridan, XM8, K1, and ACE. I'm new to this kind of stuff and I'm trying to learn as I go, so I might start asking some of you unit creators out there for a few tips on how to make the best units.

The best part about total recall was the chick with the three boobs.

Oh, sweet unit.. but I would prefer a more traditional death.

Top Bottom