SteamDB: "Bison" Depot??

Yeah, that's how I took it. I don't recall even being able to turn off DLC at that point anyway.

I always thought of Mongolia as a demonstration of future DLC packs. People could examine contents of free DLC and know what to expect from new paid ones.

This is what I think as well. It was designed concurrently with vanilla for the purpose of acclimating customers to the DLC sales model.

Those with inside knowledge say it was completed after game launch, but it's pretty clear the dawn of man intro was done before launch and the voice actor probably recorded then too.

Those two arguments sound about right aswell :)

Sendt fra min GT-I9305 med Tapatalk

Those with inside knowledge say it was completed after game launch, but it's pretty clear the dawn of man intro was done before launch and the voice actor probably recorded then too.

I can understand the majority of the work being done post release and the voice acting being done beforehand. If you're planning a DLC so soon after release, you might as well get the voice actor to record the lines all at once instead of coming in half a month later again

I think the dual pack preorder bonus was always planned to be the Inca and Spanish. Although I do think the Genghis Khan leader screen was made after release, mostly because of how rushed it seems.

Wait, how do we know this is the case?

From earlier in this thread:
Hello everyone.
AS mentioned by EaglePursuit I will be here to give more information about Civilization V Complete as it becomes available. Right now I can confirm that Civilization V Complete is coming soon and will be available on 02/04/2014 in North America and 02/07/2014 for rest of world.
-Kate

So, are we getting new stuff or just a complete pack to signal the end of civ 5?

So, are we getting new stuff or just a complete pack to signal the end of civ 5?

There seems to be at least one more DLC with an update "Conquest of the New World" scenario coming out. This DLC will be included in the Complete pack.
We're also hoping there will be a patch released simultaneously.

I found this to be an interesting picture that the official Civ V twitter page tweeted last night:

Thing is, I don't think I've seen those civ colours in the game before (unless modded). Akwesasme (Akwesasne) is a Mohawk settlement. The fact Calcutta is in there indicates it's not Conquest of the New World deluxe. Therefore, are the Mohawks in there as a main civ? Or is it a mod - but why would the official Civ V twitter page use a mod and not a scene from the epic game?

Alternatively, I could be completely wrong of course!!

Top Bottom