SteamDB: "Bison" Depot??

Thanks Kate! Would you be so kind as to tell us whether there will be a patch to correspond with the release of the Complete Edition?

I have shared all of the information that I have at this time, but as always I will keep you guys posted if I get any more news. :)

Thanks for the info, am looking forward to some screenshots from the scenario. :)

I suppose this is also pretty much confirmation that Civ5 production is finished (besides possible patching).

Hello there everyone. I have some additional information for you about The Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario which as you have deduced was codenamed "Bison" :)

•The Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario will be included in Civilization V: Complete
•The Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario will be available for FREE via Steam to everyone who already owns a copy of Brave New World
•The Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario will be attached for FREE to anyone who purchases Brave New World going forward as a bonus

Ah, thanks for the update.

Brings back memories to what I believe is the best 4x game I had ever played: Interplay's Conquest of the New World Deluxe (ca. 1997).

Sad about Civ 5 but a nice little ending treat! :) Now we can look onward and hope for Civ 6 by 2015 :)

Brings back memories to what I believe is the best 4x game I had ever played: Interplay's Conquest of the New World Deluxe (ca. 1997).

Amen to that! You made me remember some very memorable moment in that game :)

Back to the topic at hand: I cant wait to see the revamped scenario. I like the 1st version of it, I wonder what surprises the Devs have got for us.

Thanks for the info Kate; I think this is what many people were expecting. I guess that will be the last official release (other than any potential patches) for Civ 5, but would be delighted if there was that "one final expansion". It would have been good to have seen a deluxe version of the Wonders of the World scenario, but there you go.

I suspect that Ed and Dennis have considered constraints with how the coding for Civ 5 was set up and probably some of the gameplay elements as well. For me, Civ 5 really took off when Ed got involved, so seeing a Civilization game designed by Ed right from the outset would be amazing.

Well, if we look at the timing between Civ4 and Civ5, then Civ6 would be released next year. So I can imagine Firaxis starting to work on that instead of further improving Civ5.

Everyone says this, but I disagree. Using this timing estimate is assuming that development on Civ V only started when Colonization was completed, but I'm sure they had already started developing V before then. I have my doubts Civ VI, likewise, was in development while BNW was developed. That said, I bet Civ VI hits in 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^I can't wait that long.

Well, all successors came out 5 years after its predecessor except for IV when it came out 4 years after III. So we can expect VI late of this year or next year.

I'd be surprised if Firaxis didn't have something new and Civ related for the 2014 Christmas buying season (so before Nov 27).

I hope Kate noticed and relayed to those in charge all the interest in an updated SMAC that has been expressed.

I am pleased to hear it will be free.

...But I am almost convinced no mod supported multiplayer...

...But I am almost convinced no mod supported multiplayer...

The most recent SDK branch is named "multiplayerfix". It is currently non-public. It doesn't prove anything, but I don't know why there would be a updated SDK with that name unless they were going to support mods for multiplayer.

Was there any proof of a patch?

No "proof" but 2 strong indications:
1) It would be the first Civ 5 DLC released without a patch. Also, Civ 4 complete was released at the same time as the last civ 4 patch.
2) The Build ID for the current public build is 136260 while the Build ID for their non-public local build is 165647.

I'd be surprised if Firaxis didn't have something new and Civ related for the 2014 Christmas buying season (so before Nov 27).

I hope Kate noticed and relayed to those in charge all the interest in an updated SMAC that has been expressed.

The rights to the name, and probably the concept belong to EA. It simply isn't going to happen.

Top Bottom