Steampunk Amphibious Tank (Help Needed)

/]rchon

The Art Baron

DOWNLOAD

I recently just modeled this steampunk tank, which a very awesome board member would gladly have added to his massive Civ IV TC mod Rise from Erebus. Problem is I don't know how to animate or add in gun flash, smoke effects or emmiters to models.

And I'm running only Cinema 4D which doesn't support any game compatible features or capabilities really. So Its not something I can do.

I can still export into formats like 3DS or OBJ however.

So please I'm asking if anyone could please finish this thing up and get it Civ IV ready?

If this and all below is done and its working Ill gladly share it around the community for anyone to use.

**Take NOTE!!! I have modeled this in separate parts and the axis of all the parts are lined up correctly for easy animation**

What Id be looking for animation wise is:

* Ideal animation possibly, turret rotating from side to side slowly, but its not necessary

* Basic movement animation, so just the 3 wheels turning

* Basic attack animation, just the cannon firing once and slightly rocking itself backwards "or" thrice with the whole thing slightly rocking itself backwards each time, maybe with each shot the turret starts shooting at the left, then rotates to the middle, fire then to the right and repeats over.

* A death animation if possible, for eg wheels collapsing side ways as the thing falls flat down with possible random explosions all over.

Emmiters:

* Gun barrel of course

* One possibly for the smoke stack so it can be pillowing out smoke while its idling, moving and attacking...if thats even possible.

If you can do this then please just reply or note me and Ill upload the file for you ASAP, as soon as I figure out how on earth to export a file from C4D and maintain the polygon selection and group polyid based textures I used :p

Best of luck and thanks.

:cool: man, that's a cool unit.

Sadly i don't know anything about animations.
The first thing you could try it to put a standard BtS animation (tank, panzer, whatever) on the unit (tutorial). If not, ask Deliverator for help. He's one of the members here who knows most about animating.

Definatly look at Coyote's tutorial, also upload the file here for one of the graphics artists to take a look at it in case they are interested.

I'll animate the thing for you - it would only take a little bit. If you get it to me within a day, I could probably have it back to you ready to go by the end of the weekend. PM me if you want me to.

I got the file but- thanks. I don't think I'll be able to finish it as soon as I thought. The model has a lot of extra polys on it that it doesn't need, so I'm gonna go ahead and remove them, and rework the texture a bit.

I got the file but- thanks. I don't think I'll be able to finish it as soon as I thought. The model has a lot of extra polys on it that it doesn't need, so I'm gonna go ahead and remove them, and rework the texture a bit.

Thats all perfectly fine and I don't mind an extra wait at all. Thanks so much for helping out. I still gotta get used to modeling for games and using less polys.

I look forward to the final result :thumbsup:

Hehe, if you get this animated the RifE team (and all of our players) would love you. :goodjob:

Does anyone know if the model and animations ever got done? I am working on a number of steampunk technologies for my mod and would love to include it!

I haven't heard much back from snafusmith in awhile, basically hes been very busy with IRL stuff.

But another Steampunk model of mine has been animated and made ingame ready and works quite well thanks to The_Coyote

Heres screenshots of the render, looks about the same ingame even has smoke stack effects coming from the chimneys and all.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=251528&d=1272982455

I can bring up the file if you are interested.

Also if anyone is interested I have this one model I did which would make a great steampunk Civ IV flying unit, needs texturing and animations.

Heres the file and screenshot below, feel free to convert it, animate it and texture it its all for grabs.

http://www.mediafire.com/?be68ixo4jixfvu4

One thing though I did imagine the wings on it being of cloth and a wood/metal frame. The rest of the body work is wood with golden/bronze metal plating and the dome cockpit being a glass bubble just for ideas.

Weapon wise I thought it would either have the nose gun as a simple gattling gun or a small bore cannon that shoots grapeshot/flak.

Also there is this steam powered mono war bike that could use some animating or a better all round re-texturing if anyone felt up to it, also all up for grabs for any of you brave folks.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ed5yk3ykm2m

I love the War Wheels, but its not designed for Civ IV? Anyone know how to convert this into a usable model?

Well I did make it with the intention of being used for the Mechano race from Rise From Erebus mod. And I guess other people would want to use it to for other mods and scenarios.

Top Bottom