SteamPunk Home

Abaddon

Deity
One thread to rule them all, and this is the thread. The One thread for all Anime and Manga SteamPunk matters. :)

If you just want to bash the form, forget it, don't post. Only fans and at least semi-interested posters are welcome here to discuss. :p I don't particularly want another debate on the evils of anime again. :p

It's sometimes good to be mod. :evil:

Personally I am fascinated by the style of SteamPunk. I love the clothes, the mod's created out of modern items etc.

Anyone else love it?

If you do, please, post in this thread! If you find cool images off the 'tinterweb, all the better :D

While the idea is in my head, and games like Arcanum help developed it.. I feel there is a serious lack of decent pictures of what SteamPunk is...

Spoiler :

I like it because it reminds me of Crystal Maze. I dislike it because the people who like it are usually really, really annoying people... C.f. 3rd pic. EDIT: And above pic.

Dude! I as just about to open a thread like this :D Glad I'm not the only one who enjoys SteamPunk.

Here's a Star Wars Steampunk website - ___ .

Lord Vader:

Spoiler :

Han Solo & Chewiee

Spoiler :

Death Star :evil:

Spoiler :

Jabba the Hut, in the Chinese Emperor attire I presume:

Spoiler :

Ackbar!

Spoiler :

:D

My band have been playing quite a few gigs on the steampunk scene recently, and we've been getting some really nice reviews and comments on steampunk websites, which have helped us pick up our first album sales outside of Europe.

Contrary to what Mise said, I haven't found the people to be annoying at all. While there might be a handful who take themselves a bit too seriously (you know the type - people who look down on others who don't get the trend like they do), I haven't come across them myself. The people I've met seem to be in it just for the fun of dressing up, creating weird devices and artifacts, and having a good night out with people who share their taste for victoriana and science fiction.

Of course, I'm far too lazy and lacking in dress-sense to become a bona-fide steampunker myself... :sad:

Edit: Now I look again at Abaddon's photographs, some of those faces seem familiar. I think some of those guys may have been at one of our gigs in Brighton (or was it the one in Lincoln?) last summer.

My band have been playing quite a few gigs on the steampunk scene recently, and we've been getting some really nice reviews and comments on steampunk websites, which have helped us pick up our first album sales outside of Europe.

Contrary to what Mise said, I haven't found the people to be annoying at all. While there might be a handful who take themselves a bit too seriously (you know the type - people who look down on others who don't get the trend like they do), I haven't come across them myself. The people I've met seem to be in it just for the fun of dressing up, creating weird devices and artifacts, and having a good night out with people who share their taste for victoriana and science fiction.

Of course, I'm far too lazy and lacking in dress-sense to become a bona-fide steampunker myself... :sad:

Edit: Now I look again at Abaddon's photographs, some of those faces seem familiar. I think some of those guys may have been at one of our gigs in Brighton (or was it the one in Lincoln?) last summer.
I'll admit, the only place I have encountered steampunks and steampunk-related things is on the internet. Everything on the internet is 10x as annoying as in real life.... (Also the first place I encountered it was a link someone sent me to LiveJournal...)

listenable music.

where can i download it illegaly?

:mad: :gripe: :trouble:

There is some stuff streamed on our myspace, though most of the tunes there are not the latest, top-quality recordings (which cost lots of money, and thus need to be paid for by sales :yup: )

While I'm sure it costs a lot of money to make it, you should release some slightly low quality versions of your album(s) on torrent sites. Your fanbase can increase by hundreds if not thousands every week!

From there one, you can go to one of those labels that exists only for Spotify. They take your songs and upload it on Spotify, for only a small profit (maybe 10% for every song).

You can still support yourself on gig-cash (which you'll make more of with your big fanbase ;)) and merchandise sales.

But fine, if you want to be a dying breed and wallow in nothingness then you can stick to the old, slightly obsolete model :nod:

I like it because it reminds me of Crystal Maze. I dislike it because the people who like it are usually really, really annoying people... C.f. 3rd pic. EDIT: And above pic.

You calling me annoying? :(

Not intrested in neither fashion trends of homosexuals' subcultures nor LARPing.

While I'm sure it costs a lot of money to make it, you should release some slightly low quality versions of your album(s) on torrent sites. Your fanbase can increase by hundreds if not thousands every week!

From there one, you can go to one of those labels that exists only for Spotify. They take your songs and upload it on Spotify, for only a small profit (maybe 10% for every song).

We won't be throwing all of our music out there for free any time soon, for the simple reason that it would kill our sales (which are presently on course to raise enough to make a second album - the only reason we care about the money at all). People who would otherwise be prepared to part with their hard-earned cash will inevitably think twice before buying something they see other people getting - quite legally - for nothing.

Right now, we've got one tune available for free download, and there'll be another coming in the not-too-distant future, and possibly a third after that. If someone likes those 'singles' enough, then they can go ahead and buy the album. If not, then nobody's lost anything.

That said, I'll mention your suggestions re. spotify and torrents to our web promotion bods.

Now, to get back on topic...

Don't you live in Canada

No, I lie about superficial things to make myself seem cooler than I really am. :cooool:

Back on topic, I love steampunk when done in a theme setting. The wiki page has an example of a desktop computer modified in the genre. Stunning, if impractical. I wouldn't styling things like that, but dressing up in that fashion is, well, weird.

Top Bottom