1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Steel and Thunder: Unit Expansion 1.87

Adds 11 new Global Units to Civilization 6

1. Tovarish

Tovarish Chieftain

Thanks for explanation but I do not believe those 2 make that much of a difference. I mean - could you give an example where it is a meaningful choice Cuirassier or Cavalry? Probably not.
    It does not exactly hurt that there are 2 similar units, but probably the efforts it took to make Cuirassier could enrich game better if put elsewhere. Of course, great mod anyway!

2. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

Deliverator updated Steel and Thunder: Unit Expansion with a new update entry:

1.87 Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

[to_xp]Gekko and nrh like this.
  3. engine85

engine85 Chieftain

Love this MOD, thanks.

4. Detektrius

Detektrius Chieftain

"Steel & Thunder - Unit Expansion and Unique Units" does not allow you to install voice acting in a language other than English
    In the settings set to Japanese, but when you load the map sounds English...
    When I look at the features of civ, at some point, the names of the units of modification, start to appear in CAPS LOCK

5. Barakat

Barakat Chieftain

I have G.S and when i copy this mode and i'm sure thant it's activated but i don't find any new units!!!

6. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I'm having a minor issue with this mod and/or your Unique Units one. While the 2 Steel and Thunder mods are active, when I hover the mouse over a unit picture to see what bonuses it has (new feature in the June patch), I get "script" errors. At least I think that's what it's called when you see the code wording; my modding terminology isn't great. If you need me to post pics or logs, let me know.

7. Deliverator

Those are actually just missing text strings from the Unit Abilities. I need to get around to adding them. Prior to the June 2019 patch they weren't visible, but now they are.

8. fuad

fuad Warlord

Hi Great Mod and effort you have done . Thank you so much .
    Will there be any plans in the future to make this mod compatible with the IOS ( iPad and IPhone) version ?
    I tried many times and the unit icons are there in the civilopedia and the tech tree
    But the moment I finish building anyone of the 11 expansion units in your mod the game freezes and crashes so I was just wondering if there’s any possibility?

9. Deliverator

As I understand it, you can get mods working under iOS by making a copy of the "MacOS" directory under Platforms and renaming it "iOS". You may also need to update the .modinfo to refer to these files. The Platforms directory contains the binary art assets so it seems likely the crash is caused because it can't find them since it's only happening when it would need to render the 3D art.

10. fuad

fuad Warlord

Thank you for ur answer
    I have done exactly what u have said and unfortunately the same game freezing and crashing happened again
    Maybe the iOS Format is different ?

11. Sknubbinateur

Sknubbinateur Chieftain

Is this compatible with custom civs (e.g. Civitas civs)? Or are their custom unique units likely to break upgrade lines etc?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  12. Deliverator

Compatible in the sense that will run together fine, yes. The only thing is that some new Custom UUs you might expect to replace or upgrade to S&T:UE units won't do so (unless you add extra code to do that).

Knightfall likes this.
  13. Sknubbinateur

Sknubbinateur Chieftain

OK thanks. I meant more if custom unique replacements will still upgrade to and from other units like their the standard unit they replace. But will test and take a look at the code if needed

14. vladisimo

vladisimo Chieftain

Hi , can you please tell me how can I change the model of a unit ? I want to change the appearance of one of the units you made,but I can't realy find anything on it or what programs do I need . I just want to change one model of one unit nothing more.

15. Deliverator

It depends how you want to change it really. Do you want to alter the model, or do a reskin, or what exactly?

These are probably the best introductory guides:
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/leugis-civ-6-unit-asset-tutorials-level-1.26698/
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/leugis-civ-6-unit-asset-tutorials-level-2.26699/

16. vladisimo

vladisimo Chieftain

It's the yamato battleship. Basicaly I want it to look diferent just like the mina gerais looks different compared to the regular battleship.

17. Deliverator

Do you have any idea how you want to change it? Do you want to alter the model, replace it with a different one or do a reskin, or what exactly?

18. vladisimo

vladisimo Chieftain

I mean I don't realy know what any of the things you said imply. I guess I would try to do the easiest of the three options that you mentioned. So which one do you think would be the easiest for somebody who really acks knowledge with moding ?

edi : I've just seen now that you showed me a yamato model . If I could just change the battleship with that one it would be great.

19. vladisimo

vladisimo Chieftain

So can you please give me some hints as to how can I put your yamato model in the game ? Or if there is any moder on this site that could do it ? I would even pay for that mod to be done .

20. ArWalker

ArWalker Chieftain

I have Civ 6 GS on iPad and went to platforms and copied and renamed the MacOS file to iOS. But I still have an issue with the art of all the units. The icons are perfect but the art work is still messed up, does anyone have tips on what I could try to fix this?