Steel and Thunder: Unit Expansion

Steel and Thunder: Unit Expansion 1.87

you should probably release your S&T compatible warfare expanded since Wolfdog already said he's not going to release one himself :D
It's not the whole WE mod. I just picked several units that I was interested in and created a separate mod from the assets. It would be difficult to release as a stand-alone as it has dependencies and load orders with two other mods - a modified S&T and my base unit mod.
Oh, interesting because since Rise and Fall and even after the fix this particular mod caused that "turn back to menu" issue for me.
Are you sure it was caused by this mod? What do your logs say?

Are you sure it was caused by this mod? What do your logs say?

I'm sure because I tested one by one and only this was causing the problem. I don't even know where I can see this log you are talking about. I'm not used to these computer languages too.

I'm sure because I tested one by one and only this was causing the problem. I don't even know where I can see this log you are talking about. I'm not used to these computer languages too.
The logs can be found in your "...\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs" folder. The ones to look at are database.log and modding.log. If you want me to take a look, zip them up and attach them to a pm. Otherwise, you can open them with a text editor like Notepad++ and look for Error tags, which will give you an idea of what's causing the problem.

Hiya Deliverator, I've been trying to get v1.21 to work with Rise and Fall and keep crashing back to the menu selection screen. The load order from my Modding.log seems to suggest the mod is loading prior to the DLC civs and causing the crash:

[3065266.197] Target Mods (in the order they will be applied):
[3065266.197] 01159f41-7ca0-4181-84cf-2f2c912edfdd (Steel and Thunder: Unit Expansion)
[3065266.198] 02A8BDDE-67EA-4D38-9540-26E685E3156E (DLC: Aztec Civilization Pack)
[3065266.198] 1B28771A-C749-434B-9053-D1380C553DE9 (Expansion: Rise and Fall)
[3065266.198] 1F367231-A040-4793-BDBB-088816853683 (DLC: Khmer and Indonesia Civilization Pack)
[3065266.198] 2F6E858A-28EF-46B3-BEAC-B985E52E9BC1 (DLC: Vikings Content)
[3065266.198] 3809975F-263F-40A2-A747-8BFB171D821A (DLC: Poland Civilization Pack)
[3065266.199] 643EA320-8E1A-4CF1-A01C-00D88DDD131A (DLC: Nubia Civilization Pack)
[3065266.199] E2749E9A-8056-45CD-901B-C368C8E83DEB (DLC: Persia and Macedon Civilization Pack)
[3065266.199] E3F53C61-371C-440B-96CE-077D318B36C0 (DLC: Australia Civilization Pack)

Here is the database error from Database.log:

[3065261.354] [Gameplay] ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
[3065261.354] [Gameplay] ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
[3065261.354] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[3065261.369] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on MomentIllustrations.GameDataType - "BUILDING_TLACHTLI" does not exist in Types
[3065261.369] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on MomentIllustrations.GameDataType - "UNIT_AZTEC_EAGLE_WARRIOR" does not exist in Types

@isau When you applied the DLC fix, which version did you use? Some, like Gedemon's uses LoadOrder 2 while Deliverator's uses LoadOrder 1. S&T uses LoadOrder 2 on several blocks in his .modinfo, so if you use LoadOrder 2 for the DLCs you'll still get Main Menu crash.
While this could potentially leads to problems (even with load order at 1), I don't think it could affect this case (the fix only changes the load order of the DLC compatibility file, and it's the base file that was not loaded in this log)

While this could potentially leads to problems (even with load order at 1), I don't think it could affect this case (the fix only changes the load order of the DLC compatibility file, and it's the base file that was not loaded in this log)
You're right that it probably isn't, but it was one of the first things I looked at when I first enabled S&T after applying the LoadOrder 2 fix and had similar errors crop up and changing the LoadOrder to 1 did solve my errors initially. It looks to me, though, that it's the Aztec DLC - not the base game files - that are not loading, which was one of the ones I was getting errors with as well.

Hi, thanks for the great mod! Also posted the following on Steam: the Immortals and the Hypaspist uprgrade to Musketmen, not the Longswordsman. Is that intentional?

Hi, thanks for the great mod! Also posted the following on Steam: the Immortals and the Hypaspist uprgrade to Musketmen, not the Longswordsman. Is that intentional?

Thanks for reporting this. This has been changed in the new update.

Hi! I can't seem to upgrade my Longswordsmen to Musketman. The Civilpedia also doesn't state this possibility. Is it just me or is this a bug?

Some additional info: in my game the Samurai, Berserker and the Kevsur can upgrade to Musketman, but the Longwordsmen can't.

Hi! I can't seem to upgrade my Longswordsmen to Musketman. The Civilpedia also doesn't state this possibility. Is it just me or is this a bug?

Sounds like a conflict with another mod. It works fine for me with no other mods active.

Does it work with warfare expanded mod ?

No. Warfare Expanded is based on Moar Units and Moar Units and Steel & Thunder can't be run together. Steel & Thunder is the successor or sequel to the core General Unit part of Moar Units.

Hello,
I use a lot of your mods and though I have not had any issues that I could point my finger about. I was wondering if you had made any updates fixing things that the R&F 3/8/2018 update broke???
-jeff
-sorry about the repost!

Hello,
I use a lot of your mods and though I have not had any issues that I could point my finger about. I was wondering if you had made any updates fixing things that the R&F 3/8/2018 update broke???
-jeff
-sorry about the repost!
Moderator Action: Stop spamming every thread please, and edit your previous posts to explain precisely in each of them what's broken when asking for a modder to update his mods.

Hey there, this is now working great for me. I wanted to send kudos. These units are great and fit precisely in the tree where there were gaps. Beautiful animations and very sleek overall. I'm adding it to the list of "priority combos" when I test my own mods to make sure I maintain compatibility with this one. Great work.

Hi, found some bugs involving siege units:

1. New siege units (trebuchet and self-propelled artillery) can move and attack on same turn;
2. Rocket Launcher (now range) can not move and attack on same turn.

Top Bottom