Stop the Presses!

I saw some chat about Civ 5 having one unit per square in the ROM Beta thread. Has that been given as a fact or is that based upon the screenshots? It looks as though the screenshots are either mocked up, or perhaps taken with the UI turned off. Perhaps stacks are possible but just the head unit is shown like in 4...

I saw some chat about Civ 5 having one unit per square in the ROM Beta thread. Has that been given as a fact or is that based upon the screenshots? It looks as though the screenshots are either mocked up, or perhaps taken with the UI turned off. Perhaps stacks are possible but just the head unit is shown like in 4...

Nah, that info comes from various interviews with Firaxis.

I know many modders are planning to completely different directions with their Civilization 5 mods, but I plan on sticking to something very similar to RoM: AND. I really like a historical game, and I know many of you do too. It's going to take a long time to build back up to the level of content we have now, but I'm sure I can do it. The one area that may see the most changes is the Future Era's and beyond. I will try and see if I can't make a divergent future era, with multiple tech paths possible, so you could have one hive-mind technecracy battling a neo-libertarian factory paradise side by side. I don't want to limit players to what *I* think the future will most likely hold, and allow more possibilities. It should be a lot of fun, but a lot of work too.

I've also heard speculation that Zappara will not be continuing Rise of Mankind, so I will probably be alone this time. :sad: But I expect to see many of you again in my new Civ5 forums. :D

If anyone has a really good name for the next iteration of RoM & AND, let me know. ;)

I know many modders are planning to completely different directions with their Civilization 5 mods, but I plan on sticking to something very similar to RoM: AND. I really like a historical game, and I know many of you do too. It's going to take a long time to build back up to the level of content we have now, but I'm sure I can do it. The one area that may see the most changes is the Future Era's and beyond. I will try and see if I can't make a divergent future era, with multiple tech paths possible, so you could have one hive-mind technecracy battling a neo-libertarian factory paradise side by side. I don't want to limit players to what *I* think the future will most likely hold, and allow more possibilities. It should be a lot of fun, but a lot of work too.

I've also heard speculation that Zappara will not be continuing Rise of Mankind, so I will probably be alone this time. :sad: But I expect to see many of you again in my new Civ5 forums. :D

If anyone has a really good name for the next iteration of RoM & AND, let me know. ;)
I really like a historical game too.:D
You could always have a mod team.

The one area that may see the most changes is the Future Era's and beyond. I will try and see if I can't make a divergent future era, with multiple tech paths possible, so you could have one hive-mind technecracy battling a neo-libertarian factory paradise side by side. I don't want to limit players to what *I* think the future will most likely hold, and allow more possibilities. It should be a lot of fun, but a lot of work too.

Don't forget to include The Gaian's.

Mankind's Reign, Surge of Mankind, Dawn of Mankind, Mankind's Dominion... Rise of Mankind 2... BTW if Firaxis decides to give you a beta copy to make a mod for, I'd be more than happy to make graphics for you, I've been taking a 3D animation class.

Mankind's Reign, Surge of Mankind, Dawn of Mankind, Mankind's Dominion... Rise of Mankind 2... BTW if Firaxis decides to give you a beta copy to make a mod for, I'd be more than happy to make graphics for you, I've been taking a 3D animation class.

I know this is way to early to make any commitments, but having a dedicated artist could really make things much, much more professional, and make the mod much better.

Suffice to say; there will be openings.... ;)

It was the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind...

It worked wonders for Babylon 5. I'm sure it can work here :)

In other news, Dawn of Man is a snappier title than rolls off the tongue better. You could always go with the legacy title A Second Dawn, but that won't mean much to first-timers.

IDK, but the third age reminds me of WoT, and the third age was pretty bad... ;)

Any Robert Jordan fans will understand.

:lol: Understood, and impatiently waiting for the final book before I dare to read anymore of it :D.

Well hopefully some of the stuff with be cross compatible, or at least you have a template to look at now with civ four when you make mods for civ 5. Should make things a bit faster.

Well hopefully some of the stuff with be cross compatible, or at least you have a template to look at now with civ four when you make mods for civ 5. Should make things a bit faster.

Except that modding inn Civ III was not bad if you wanted to do simple stuff like replace graphics. Such a thing is much harder in Civ IV ;)

I know this is way to early to make any commitments, but having a dedicated artist could really make things much, much more professional, and make the mod much better.

Suffice to say; there will be openings.... ;)

As it is now (like what I mentioned in my last post) I'm taking a 3D animation class with Maya 2010, I need to know what 3D editor they're using, if it's Maya then great, if its 3ds Max again(or any other 3D editor aside from Maya), then not so great

I'll have to see and play first Civ 5 before I'll decide what kind of modding will I do with it.

RoM 0.8 took about 7-8months to make since I had to learn to mod and the making of whole new tech tree was painfully long task - since I couldn't convert it directly from Civ 3's Rise and Rule mod, there was involved lots of extra thinking in the process and I had to do lots of research... now for Civ 5 it will be much easier since we have the tech tree and all stuff already made... just a matter of converting it and I'm sure Afforess can do that job just fine. Then I could make one of my other projects (that have been on hold for years) - working over 3 years on same mod project is enough in my opinion so that's one of the reasons why I want to make something different next ;) Though I'll always will be here since I love Civ games and I'm totally hooked on modding :lol:

Then I could make one of my other projects (that have been on hold for years)

Would this project have anything to do with the tech tree screenshot with the elemental techs?

Anyway, I hope Civilization 5 modding isn't a huge change from Civ4. I have heard speculation that the reason BTS got so many patches was because they were working off of Civ4's base code for Civ5 and were just keeping us up to date with Civ5 alpha builds. If that's true, it's really good news for modders. If not, we'll manage anyway.

I'll have to see and play first Civ 5 before I'll decide what kind of modding will I do with it.

RoM 0.8 took about 7-8months to make since I had to learn to mod and the making of whole new tech tree was painfully long task - since I couldn't convert it directly from Civ 3's Rise and Rule mod, there was involved lots of extra thinking in the process and I had to do lots of research... now for Civ 5 it will be much easier since we have the tech tree and all stuff already made... just a matter of converting it and I'm sure Afforess can do that job just fine. Then I could make one of my other projects (that have been on hold for years) - working over 3 years on same mod project is enough in my opinion so that's one of the reasons why I want to make something different next ;) Though I'll always will be here since I love Civ games and I'm totally hooked on modding :lol:

Would this project have anything to do with the tech tree screenshot with the elemental techs?

Anyway, I hope Civilization 5 modding isn't a huge change from Civ4. I have heard speculation that the reason BTS got so many patches was because they were working off of Civ4's base code for Civ5 and were just keeping us up to date with Civ5 alpha builds. If that's true, it's really good news for modders. If not, we'll manage anyway.

Sounds like "Magic" to me. :high5:

Of course that could be just "Fantasy" to me. :p

Your plans alone just got me more excited for ciV.

Top Bottom