Subdued Animals in C2C discussions

Should what be added to what? I'm sorry, I'm a little confused by your question - sure I can come up with an answer if I could understand exactly what you mean though.

Are you suggesting that Harmless and such becomes a CC for animals and then put the harmless promo as free to all with that CC?

Combatants, to clarify, would not cover ALL units. Just ones trained in a military manner.

Should what be added to what? I'm sorry, I'm a little confused by your question - sure I can come up with an answer if I could understand exactly what you mean though.

Are you suggesting that Harmless and such becomes a CC for animals and then put the harmless promo as free to all with that CC?

Combatants, to clarify, would not cover ALL units. Just ones trained in a military manner.

For instance one of the "Harmless" animal promotions give like -25% vs Archery, -25% vs Melee, -25% vs Mounted, -25% vs Wheeled, -25% vs Siege Units, etc.

Basically all the old combat classes. I was asking that to cover all the categories should "Throwing" be added to those promotions? Or is there a larger group that could be added instead (ex. Combatants). In other words should the promotion have also -25% vs Throwing or should it remove all those and just have -25% vs Combatants which would cover all those categories?

Ah... that's right. When I noticed those had been arranged to list off combat classes like that I immediately wondered... why didn't we use a simple iCombatModifier of -25% instead of listing all the CCs? Is there anything they should NOT have a penalty towards??

Combatants wouldn't cover ALL units. Animals, Civilians, Criminals, and Explorers are currently not Combatant units. Combatants are Militarily trained soldiers, pilots and sailors.

Why aren't we using 'iCombatPercent'????? Yes, applying the modifier to all CCs would mean if they go up against a unit with more than one of those CCs, both modifiers would apply and stack.

<iCombatPercent>-25</iCombatPercent> would accomplish what you're looking to do. A combat modifier vs all units in all situations.

@DH

You have said in the past one of your hold ups for the subdued animals is the fact that GEM map is not right and you have animals spawning in the wrong part of the globe. They have a fix posted in the GEM topic that moves the animals to the right locations on their map, but not the right numerical locations. Why don't we just make C2C have the GEM map locations? I mean if we use randomly generated maps what's it matter if the globe is turned to a new location? The longitude is all still the same, only the latitude is changed.

EDIT: I think GEM is like 60 degrees off in its longitude.

@DH

You have said in the past one of your hold ups for the subdued animals is the fact that GEM map is not right and you have animals spawning in the wrong part of the globe. They have a fix posted in the GEM topic that moves the animals to the right locations on their map, but not the right numerical locations. Why don't we just make C2C have the GEM map locations? I mean if we use randomly generated maps what's it matter if the globe is turned to a new location? The longitude is all still the same, only the latitude is changed.

EDIT: I think GEM is like 60 degrees off in its longitude.

Because it is off for the large Europe map as well! And all other scenario maps.

Had an idea, in MoM/FFH2 they used rage promotion ( base % chance per turn of activation) to take control of a unit and give it AI control, could not subdued animals escape from your control with this form of mechanism?, and return to being free ranging animals you own but do not control.

It was done in the Immigration mod. When you built an Immigrant it started "automated" I think. Like missionaries and the like do. Not sure what automated means in code terms.

It was done in the Immigration mod. When you built an Immigrant it started "automated" I think. Like missionaries and the like do. Not sure what automated means in code terms.

This is the 'start automated' code:
Code:
				if (GET_PLAYER(getOwnerINLINE()).isOption(PLAYEROPTION_START_AUTOMATED))
				{
					pUnit->automate(AUTOMATE_BUILD);
				}

if (GET_PLAYER(getOwnerINLINE()).isOption(PLAYEROPTION_MISSIONARIES_AUTOMATED))
				{
					pUnit->automate(AUTOMATE_RELIGION);
				}
Basically it will attempt to activate the automation specified (in this case BUILD (worker) or RELIGION (spread)). If the unit in question cannot do that (as most can't of course) then it will be ignored (it executes this for all newly built units).

The key if you want to automate a unit is to call CyUnit.automate() with the automation type you want applied. Automation types are quite limited though and correspond directly to the automation exposed through buttons (build, hunt, spread, patrol, ...)

@DH

So since there seems to be no solution to the animal spawning when on maps like GEM could you please finally add the other animals I posted for you?

It is a problem for all non random maps, so no, not yet. I have other things of higher priority. I am doing small stuff at the moment just to give me a sense that I am accomplishing things. While the animals are in that list they are far down the list. I need to finish the Human Sacrifice buildings (main project) then the Barbarian Diplomacy.

BTW I have just fully figured out a better way of doing the free buildings in a new city. I just need to think it over a bit more even have the AI required in the design. Basically when you get the City Planning tech you will be asked what sort of city you want this to be and you will then get the free buildings associated with that type. Before that and for the AI it will depend on the terrain mostly.

Top Bottom