1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions and Requests

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. VGL

VGL Deity

suggestion for civic related events. Both historically and randomly and some civilizations start with certain civics even not researched yet (or make democracy an early tech)

2. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

And what are they? :dunno:

3. citis

citis Deity

Some more suggestions for the great Wall. It should spawn only in the north border. Maybe the great wall spawns at the north from mountain to coast. It should work like a road for own units and gain +25% against barbarians.

4. Fresol

The AI won't be able to use it though.

5. need my speed

need my speed Rex Omnium Imperarium

What if other civilisations build it? Say, Egypt?

6. Fresol

Yeah, wonders shouldn't be civ specific. But I've never seen any civ getting Mathematics before the Chinese, ever. It's always China who builds it. Korea may stand a chance.

7. VGL

VGL Deity

well,here are one examples for each:
    Historical:
    French revolution
    Condition:Is France.researched constitution.NOT a republic already.10% more chance if doing badly.15% less if running egalitarianism.5% less if running representation

Description: The french revolution is happening. Many people are fed up with being poor they want an revolutionary republic. What shoal we do?

1: Ignore them: 2 turn anarchy.might continue.
    2: Hmm,that: Civics change to republic,representation,secularism and capitalism without an anarchy.
    3: suppress them: 200 gold,1 turn anarchy,1 unhappiness.

Random:
    Eco activist:
    Condition:Researched ecology. NOT a Environmentalist. 0.5% more chance for each factory,forge,coal power plant and nuclear bomb/power plant. 0.5% less chance for each hydro or something else plant,recycling center and public transportation. 1 less chance to happen for a national park. 5% more chance to happen if global worming happened

Description: After years of pollution and unhealthiness,a bunch of people called "Environmentalist"are pressuring the government to adopt a more eco friendly plans to reduce pollution and save the planet from pollution. What should we do about them?

1: Just let them revolt till they get tired: 1 turn anarchy. Might continue.
    2: i like the idea. Save the planet: Become an environmentalism without an anarchy. thought some of the factory,forge,coal power plant and/or nuclear bomb/power plant might get destroyed.
    3: That's terrible! Kill all those "Hippies": 300 gold,1 turn anarchy and a permanent 2 :mad:.
    NOTE: some of the random ones do have other options other than civic changing or anarchy that i have in mind

8. BenZL43

BenZL43 Physician - still can't spell this correctly.

^ I think that's too specific. I'd say to add a little twist and make the condition more general so it's more like "<insert any European civs> Revolution.
    Condition: Catholic or Protestant European civilization - never been Republic before researched Constitution
    Therefore it's also possible to have Norwegian Revolution, Spanish Revolution etc -much like the Reformation event.

9. citis

citis Deity

Interesting alt hist scenario. Let it work as it is for all other civs. If it is built by China or Korea let it be only the north. Great Wall should help against northern invaders, but it should not affect tibetan swordmen or war elephants from the south.

10. VGL

VGL Deity

@BenZL43 well,these are just a example.And the Norwegian Revolution, Spanish Revolution could be a random event with a bit difference.
    @citis I think they should be randomly placed. Like sometime in the north,sometimes in the south,sometimes in east and sometimes in west.

11. citis

citis Deity

It would be more interesting to see some random events related to unswitable civics. Like slave revolt, if constitution is discovered maybe some random revolts in favour of republic. They could be stable stability crises (but not so harsh, like the first implementation). Now, there is just a stability malus, some small random events additionally can be ok.

12. VGL

VGL Deity

i said that these are examples. I've got many more

13. BenZL43

with the Religion prerequisite for Great Wall as it is now, I forgot Taoism or Confucianism, the chance are pretty low for other civilization but China to built this. In that case, maybe the Great Wall effect only happen if the barbarian enters 2 tiles from your northernmost historical tiles, in a horizontal line with your current western and eastern border act as the start and end of the GW effect
    Spoiler :

-----WWWWWWWWWW-----
    --------------------------------
    -----BBB--HHHHHH-----------
    -----BCHHHHHHHHHHB--------
    -----BHHHHHHHHHHCB--------

^ I'm not sure if the above scheme will be understood or not. W means Great Wall effect, happening if Barbarian cross through this tile. H is the historical tile improved or unimproved, - is the foreign tile. B is the current border and C is the city.

I agree tho that Great Wall should not protect China from Tibetan, Viet barbarian etc. Looking forward to hear Leoreth's thought on this.

14. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I suggest removing +50% defense bonus from the Marsh and replacing it with -25% instead. While camping in Forest or on the hill provides defender with an advantage Marsh makes you more vulnerable. Even more one should lose strength in Marsh.

15. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Guys, have you bothered to look up what the actual Great Wall effect is right now?

16. need my speed

need my speed Rex Omnium Imperarium

But as you say, the chance still exists.

17. citis

citis Deity

Yes we know, it sets moving ability to 1 to all barbarian units inside great wall and russian UP for barbs. What has to do with the suggestions?

18. BenZL43

Not yet but will do. Still installing the VD, Soundtrack etc - preparing myself to stop playing SVN. You've got Korra's ending song in your additional soundtrack! Real cool! :cool:

19. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

None of that relates to the direction from which units enter.

20. BenZL43

Yup that's exactly where we're suggesting. Not changing the effect entirely, but add a limitation - North only.