1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suicide bomber in Ansbach, Germany

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by chijohnaok, Jul 24, 2016.

1. chijohnaok

chijohnaok King

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36880758

My thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

2. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Germany needs immediately deport failed Refugees in an efficient manner
    I understand that will stretch resources that it is probably going to deport criminals first, and Germany is looking to accelerate deportations. An far easier solution is to send them to Greece immediately on some remote island and be done with it.

3. luiz

luiz Trendy Revolutionary

Yeah if his asylum was denied one year ago what the hell was he still doing in Germany?

So not only Merkel invited millions of people to settle in Germany as refugees, without actually checking if they are real refugees or if they pose a security threat to the society that elected her and pays her, she is also failing to deport those that are found to be illegitimate asylum claimants one year after the decision. Nice work madam.

4. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

I predict a big, beautiful wall rising on the shores of Europe....

5. kramerfan86

kramerfan86 Deity

What exactly is the point of approving or denying asylum if you are going to let the person stay either way? Seems to defeat the entire point of an approval process

6. luiz

Really? Based on what evidence? I don't mean to be abrasive, I'm genuinely curious. I mean, sure, some countries like Denmark and Austria really are taking real measures to limit immigration and secure their borders. But most are doing exactly nothing. Europe's external borders are as porous as ever, with ridiculously few resources patrolling it.

I don't predict any wall, I predict the Balkanization (or Lebanonization) of several western European societies. Complete with sectarian hatred and violence.

7. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

Oh I meant as in general trends, the consistent cultural clashes, leading to stronger spying laws, limited immigration, greater patrols due to climate refugees, barbed wires, walls, autonomous drones...

I doubt the humanist, liberalist faction in the EU will continue to thrive seeing as they have handled challenges so poorly.

8. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

Are all illegal migrants deported from USA?

9. luiz

Hundreds of thousands are, which is hundreds of thousands more than in Europe.

But the issue is that this terrorist applied for asylum, was denied, and still was allowed to stay indefinitely. If you get your asylum application denied in the US, you get the boot pretty much immediately. As someone else said, allowing failed asylum applicants to stay kind of defeats the whole purpose of asylum applications.

10. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Hm, any particular reason for 3 attacks in a week? Wasn't the last time Germany had (then organised) terrorism the 70s and the Baader-Meinhof group? One could go with the theory of copycats here, and the perpetrators seem to be random-ish, but still, the number of cases in a few days is strange.

RIP... Obviously such events won't help anything other than spread hatred and fear.

11. Yeekim

Yeekim Deity

Wild guess: he appealed the first decision?

12. abradley

abradley Emperor

Yes, random-ish.

So I and my family best stay home, never know when or if another may occur.

Of course that's one of the traits of terrorism.

And spreading hatred and fear is a strategy of terrorism.

I assume ISIL called on Muslims to attack with anything anywhere terror and fear.

13. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Blackpilled Idealist

Germany doesn't deport into war-zones as a matter of principle. The legal term for it is Duldung, which could be translated as toleration. He's not granted asylum, but his presence here is tolerated as long as the civil war is still going on.

14. abradley

abradley Emperor

Maybe.

That's what happens in the states.

15. luiz

In that case it would be sloppy reporting, because I would only say his application was denied after its been actually denied.

And anyway, it's still quite wrong that it was denied one year ago and no further action was taken since.

16. kronic

kronic Deity

That's one of the things that should be reconsidered. Not every part of Syria is a war zone.

17. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Actual reason: Germany policy to help displaced Syrians
    If a failed Syrian is NOT suitable for German citizenship especially on the grounds of criminal behavior, best to deport them to Greece where they be housed, fed and be safe thanks to the generosity of the German taxpayer.

18. Old Hippy

Old Hippy Deity

the thing with deporting refugees who break the law is it only highlights that they are second class citizens which further plays to ISIS narrative that Muslims are second class citizens that are not accepted in western countries which leads to radicalization
    why not just jail them if they break the law like they would for any good German

19. kronic

kronic Deity

Because refugees are not citizens of this country.

20. Old Hippy

Old Hippy Deity

that could be the problem with young people becoming radicalised if they are faced with a life of being a second class non citizens, or going back to a war zone

just a thought...