Suicide bomber in Ansbach, Germany

chijohnaok

King
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36880758

Germany blast: Syrian migrant 'behind Ansbach explosion'

A failed asylum seeker from Syria killed himself and injured 12 other people after setting off a bomb outside an open-air music festival in the German city of Ansbach, officials say.

Bavaria's interior minister said the 27-year-old man had detonated his device after being refused entry to the festival in the southern city.

About 2,500 people were evacuated from the festival site after the explosion.

It is the third attack in the state of Bavaria in a week.

A shooting rampage in Munich on Friday left nine dead while an axe-wielding teenager was shot dead after injuring several people on a train a week ago in Wuerzburg.

Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann said the explosion happened at about 22:10 (20:10 GMT) near the entrance to the music festival.

The suspected attacker had entered Germany two years ago and had his asylum claim rejected a year ago, Mr Herrmann said.

He had been given leave to stay temporarily given the situation in his home country and provided with an apartment in Ansbach, he added.

The minister said he was "incensed" by the attack, which he said demonstrated the need "to strengthen controls on those we have living in our country".

Initial reports had suggested the blast might have been a gas explosion.

My thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

Germany needs immediately deport failed Refugees in an efficient manner
I understand that will stretch resources that it is probably going to deport criminals first, and Germany is looking to accelerate deportations. An far easier solution is to send them to Greece immediately on some remote island and be done with it.

Ansbach explosion: attacker was rejected Syrian asylum seeker, say German officials – latest

Despite that and despite the rejection of his asylum request he was not deported to Syria because that could only be justified if the person commits very serious crimes.

The authorities would also examine how abuse of the asylum system can be prevented, Herrmann said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...explosion-german-town-deliberate-blast-latest

Yeah if his asylum was denied one year ago what the hell was he still doing in Germany?

So not only Merkel invited millions of people to settle in Germany as refugees, without actually checking if they are real refugees or if they pose a security threat to the society that elected her and pays her, she is also failing to deport those that are found to be illegitimate asylum claimants one year after the decision. Nice work madam.

I predict a big, beautiful wall rising on the shores of Europe....

What exactly is the point of approving or denying asylum if you are going to let the person stay either way? Seems to defeat the entire point of an approval process

I predict a big, beautiful wall rising on the shores of Europe....

Really? Based on what evidence? I don't mean to be abrasive, I'm genuinely curious. I mean, sure, some countries like Denmark and Austria really are taking real measures to limit immigration and secure their borders. But most are doing exactly nothing. Europe's external borders are as porous as ever, with ridiculously few resources patrolling it.

I don't predict any wall, I predict the Balkanization (or Lebanonization) of several western European societies. Complete with sectarian hatred and violence.

Really? Based on what evidence? I don't mean to be abrasive, I'm genuinely curious. I mean, sure, some countries like Denmark and Austria really are taking real measures to limit immigration and secure their borders. But most are doing exactly nothing. Europe's external borders are as porous as ever, with ridiculously few resources patrolling it.

I don't predict any wall, I predict the Balkanization (or Lebanonization) of several western European societies. Complete with sectarian hatred and violence.

Oh I meant as in general trends, the consistent cultural clashes, leading to stronger spying laws, limited immigration, greater patrols due to climate refugees, barbed wires, walls, autonomous drones...

I doubt the humanist, liberalist faction in the EU will continue to thrive seeing as they have handled challenges so poorly.

Are all illegal migrants deported from USA?

Are all illegal migrants deported from USA?

Hundreds of thousands are, which is hundreds of thousands more than in Europe.

But the issue is that this terrorist applied for asylum, was denied, and still was allowed to stay indefinitely. If you get your asylum application denied in the US, you get the boot pretty much immediately. As someone else said, allowing failed asylum applicants to stay kind of defeats the whole purpose of asylum applications.

Hm, any particular reason for 3 attacks in a week? Wasn't the last time Germany had (then organised) terrorism the 70s and the Baader-Meinhof group? One could go with the theory of copycats here, and the perpetrators seem to be random-ish, but still, the number of cases in a few days is strange.

RIP... Obviously such events won't help anything other than spread hatred and fear.

Hm, any particular reason for 3 attacks in a week? Wasn't the last time Germany had (then organised) terrorism the 70s and the Baader-Meinhof group? One could go with the theory of copycats here, and the perpetrators seem to be random-ish, but still, the number of cases in a few days is strange.

RIP... Obviously such events won't help anything other than spread hatred and fear.
Yes, random-ish.

So I and my family best stay home, never know when or if another may occur.

Of course that's one of the traits of terrorism.

And spreading hatred and fear is a strategy of terrorism.

I assume ISIL called on Muslims to attack with anything anywhere terror and fear.

What exactly is the point of approving or denying asylum if you are going to let the person stay either way? Seems to defeat the entire point of an approval process

Germany doesn't deport into war-zones as a matter of principle. The legal term for it is Duldung, which could be translated as toleration. He's not granted asylum, but his presence here is tolerated as long as the civil war is still going on.

Wild guess: he appealed the first decision?

In that case it would be sloppy reporting, because I would only say his application was denied after its been actually denied.

And anyway, it's still quite wrong that it was denied one year ago and no further action was taken since.

Germany doesn't deport into war-zones as a matter of principle. The legal term for it is Duldung, which could be translated as toleration. He's not granted asylum, but his presence here is tolerated as long as the civil war is still going on.
That's one of the things that should be reconsidered. Not every part of Syria is a war zone.

Wild guess: he appealed the first decision?

Actual reason: Germany policy to help displaced Syrians
If a failed Syrian is NOT suitable for German citizenship especially on the grounds of criminal behavior, best to deport them to Greece where they be housed, fed and be safe thanks to the generosity of the German taxpayer.

Government must toughen deportation rules – Bavarian minister

Joachim Herrmann, the Bavarian interior minister, has said that he will push the federal government to tighten rules governing the deportation of asylum seekers who break the law.

He says this issue has long been on the agenda, and not just because of Ansbach or Würzburg.

Although the Syrian man behind the Ansbach bombing had failed in his bid for asylum, he had been allowed to stay in Germany because of the civil war in Syria.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...explosion-german-town-deliberate-blast-latest

Government must toughen deportation rules – Bavarian minister

Joachim Herrmann, the Bavarian interior minister, has said that he will push the federal government to tighten rules governing the deportation of asylum seekers who break the law.

the thing with deporting refugees who break the law is it only highlights that they are second class citizens which further plays to ISIS narrative that Muslims are second class citizens that are not accepted in western countries which leads to radicalization
why not just jail them if they break the law like they would for any good German

the thing with deporting refugees who break the law is it only highlights that they are second class citizens which further plays to ISIS narrative that Muslims are second class citizens that are not accepted in western countries which leads to radicalization
why not just jail them if they break the law like they would for any good German
Because refugees are not citizens of this country.

Because refugees are not citizens of this country.

that could be the problem with young people becoming radicalised if they are faced with a life of being a second class non citizens, or going back to a war zone

just a thought...

Top Bottom