Resource icon

Sukritact's Civ Selection Screen 6.0

sukritact

Artist and Modder
Apparently, a bunch of people were annoyed at the fact that Civ selection was being handled via a tiny dropdown; so I've decided to make a nice custom screen to fix that.

And along the lines of JFD's 'True Alternate Leaders'. The actual leader you will be playing as are sorted under the civilization they control. The screen has no problem handling multiple leaders, or leaders with additional uniques. The Advanced Setup screen remains unchanged by this pseudo-mod

To install extract the contents of the archive straight into the following folder in your civ 6 directory. (steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd) It'll ask you to replace/merge some files, just say yes. The download includes a backup of the files I'm replacing just in case you want to change back.

Last edited:
why not a mod?

the modinfo file structure can be found in some of the already done mods.
I'm still trying to figure out how to use the <ModArt> tag, I don't want to change a model, but the scales and formations that are defined in the .artdef files, it can be done in the game's folder but like you I don't like to mod the original files...

I might be doing it wrong, but when I tried it as a mod, the menu was not replaced. :p
You've tried with the <ImportFiles> tag (the tutorial .modinfo is an example)

I might be doing it wrong, but when I tried it as a mod, the menu was not replaced. :p
Possibly relevant tags from the Aztec preorder DLC .modinfo:

Code:
    <Properties>
        <ShowInBrowser>AlwaysHidden</ShowInBrowser>
        <EnabledByDefault>1</EnabledByDefault>
        <EnabledAtStartup>1</EnabledAtStartup>
    </Properties>

This looks amazing, but i think i'll wait to see if its possible for this to become a mod version when the tools arrive.

You've tried with the <ImportFiles> tag (the tutorial .modinfo is an example)

I have:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Mod id="6994bd77-2756-400e-9bd6-2552a4172d12" version="1">
    <Properties>
        <Name>Sukritact's Civ Selection Screen</Name>
        <Teaser>LOC_AZTEC_MONTEZUMA_MOD_TEASER</Teaser>
        <Description>Replaces the civ selection dropdown with a fleshed out-screen</Description>
        <Authors>Sukritact</Authors>
        <ShowInBrowser>AlwaysHidden</ShowInBrowser>
        <EnabledByDefault>1</EnabledByDefault>
        <EnabledAtStartup>1</EnabledAtStartup>
    </Properties>
    <Components>
        <ImportFiles id="SUK_CSS_IMPORT">
            <Items>
                <File>UI/FrontEnd/AdvancedSetup.lua</File>
                <File>UI/FrontEnd/AdvancedSetup.xml</File>
            </Items>
        </ImportFiles>
    </Components>
    <Files>
        <File>UI/FrontEnd/AdvancedSetup.lua</File>
        <File>UI/FrontEnd/AdvancedSetup.xml</File>
    </Files>
</Mod>

It doesn't load. I suspect you can't replace the main menu files this way.

Ah, okay, so it isn't me.
I tried as a DLC-mod as well (as above), but it didn't work. Not being a modder, I thought it was my mistake. But apparently it just doesn't work this way. Which is a shame, actually.

You're right in civ5 we couldn't modifie the main menu files (after a patch) but we could create a custom setup screen as a scenario, I suppose that will be possible in civ6 too, but we don't have any exemple yet.

Honestly, you should just chuck this layout at Firaxis. Their current one is actually absymal. Nothing less interesting then a wall of text for reading about every unique.

Honestly, you should just chuck this layout at Firaxis. Their current one is actually absymal. Nothing less interesting then a wall of text for reading about every unique.

I agree and like this layout better, but I think with the lack of the leader head and the leader name, they may not go for it?

Anyone check to see how this layout handles Greece and its two leaders?

Haven't tried it yet, so I may just be missing something, but I don't see leader info at all in the screenshot

I agree and like this layout better, but I think with the lack of the leader head and the leader name, they may not go for it?

Haven't tried it yet, so I may just be missing something, but I don't see leader info at all in the screenshot
Click on Greece, it opens up a screen where you can choose between Gorgo or Pericles.

It's in the links in the OP:

Last edited:
Oh wow, very nice! This should definitely be picked up for addition into the first update! Definitely going to be using this!

Thanks Sukritact!

Top Bottom