• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Sunday's PAX talk (with summary of the info)

Hey guys in the video at 1:34:18 when you look at the capital of Atilla's Court you see one pointy looking building near the harbor. I think it looks like another wonder: CN Tower.

Noticed that too, but what i dont get is the CN Tower wasn't built until the 70's, yet they're sporting early 20th century tech units. If it is supposed to be the CN Tower i'm really curious where in the tech tree they put it.

I see crab is a new resource too, if I'm correct? It's a bit hard to read. (Or does it say fish and is it badly scrambled? :p )

It says crab. Did anyone watch the last interview with 2k Greg? I had to deal with Easter dinner.

I suppose there was nothing new about the mystery Era? We have to learn what that is its a must. Or the final civ? Which I hope we find out in the next couple of days.

Same, anyone kn ow when his interview was>?

Hey guys in the video at 1:34:18 when you look at the capital of Atilla's Court you see one pointy looking building near the harbor. I think it looks like another wonder: CN Tower.
Well spotted.
Just to make sure, it isn't a broadcast tower? (can't remember what they look like)

Edit:

Noticed that too, but what i dont get is the CN Tower wasn't built until the 70's, yet they're sporting early 20th century tech units. If it is supposed to be the CN Tower i'm really curious where in the tech tree they put it.

Its just the case with Sydney Opera House. At first you unlock it in ecology but after an update you can now unlock it in mass media. So I guess the CN Tower can be unlocked during the industrial era techs.

Something I noticed. The battle with the swordsmen went quicker than it would have really in game.

The Austrian Swordsmen had a strategic resource penalty making them weaker than they should have been by 50%. And even with that the Elephants couldn't kill the forested sword easily/at all.

Something I noticed. The battle with the swordsmen went quicker than it would have really in game.

The Austrian Swordsmen had a strategic resource penalty making them weaker than they should have been by 50%. And even with that the Elephants couldn't kill the forested sword easily/at all.
Don't forget swords have been bumped from strength 11 to strength 14. With all the new features, it's easy to forget significant tweaks to the existing stuff.

Don't forget swords have been bumped from strength 11 to strength 14. With all the new features, it's easy to forget significant tweaks to the existing stuff.

That may be too powerful to be honest.

Horsemen are supposed to be weaker than the Forest Elephants and the Forest Elephants only matched their strength (The Swordsmen) too with less movement. It doesn't sound like it bodes well for boosting Horse/Cavalry based units unlike people hoped.

Horsemen are supposed to be weaker than the Forest Elephants and the Forest Elephants only matched their strength (The Swordsmen) too with less movement. It doesn't sound like it bodes well for boosting Horse/Cavalry based units unlike people hoped.

you'd still have to wait to see the rest of the tweaks to make that statement.

you'd still have to wait to see the rest of the tweaks to make that statement.

Yep, just a comment on what it looks like though. Disclaimer is right though - We can't be sure until we have actually experienced the game.

1:30:18, does the "Theological (??) Drama" belief mention Amphitheaters?

And Holy Warriors only lets you purchase pre-Industrial units.

Lol at his diplomatic overview it looks like it is still a mess most AI hate him and the other is neutral

Lol at his diplomatic overview it looks like it is still a mess most AI hate him and the other is neutral

Looks like you may have a good chance of being a warmonger for half the game now instead of the whole game. :lol:

Boosting them to do what? Cavalry in the real world wouldn't go toe to toe with well-equipped infantry and come out on top. Cavalry are already good for providing quick flanking bonuses and attacking ranged units, which is surely their role. Hence the bonus they get against ranged. I don't think there should be a design focus on improving them by making the ranged counter strong against both ranged and melee.

Actually, he will have no friends, at least for the time being, because of his choice of Autocracy. So that kind of sucks, but at least the potential is there for diplo,acy to move in other directions. The Ethiopians may end up being his friend soon who knows, although they are beaten. Diplomacy is more flexible now. I like that part. No more of this once we hate you, we'll never trust you again crap!

Actually, he will have no friends, at least for the time being, because of his choice of Autocracy. So that kind of sucks, but at least the potential is there for diplo,acy to move in other directions. The Ethiopians may end up being his friend soon who knows, although they are beaten. Diplomacy is more flexible now. I like that part.

Yeah I like that you aren't beeing punished the hole game for something you did wrong in the early game XD

However we will see I will se it when I play it Its just a demo it isn't a real good representation of the real game so

One thing that I hope they change that order and autocracy will come in the renaissance or freedom later in the industrial because otherwise everyone is going to choose freedom olso the AI's

Top Bottom