• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Sunday's PAX talk (with summary of the info)

Yeah I like that you aren't beeing punished the hole game for something you did wrong in the early game XD

Yeah at least there is a chance to patch things up. I think it will be a pleasure to play this new version. Now what I am curious about is the AI. Has it came along the way we hoped and the way they describe it? There has not been any gameplay proof of this yet. I want to see this AI in some real action. Especially a naval amphibious landing.

Yeah at least there is a chance to patch things up. I think it will be a pleasure to play this new version. Now what I am curious about is the AI. Has it came along the way we hoped and the way they describe it? There has not been any gameplay proof of this yet. I want to see this AI in some real action. Especially a naval amphibious landing.

It will proparly still be able to dominate them in combat but i thinx there will be a improvement

I wished they made Order and Autocracy stronger to compensate for being available later instead of taking the easy way out and put Freedom in Industrial Era. >_> Ah well.

I wished they made Order and Autocracy stronger to compensate for being available later instead of taking the easy way out and put Freedom in Industrial Era. >_> Ah well.

the Order finisher looks to be doubled and the Autocracy opener seems to give a culture boost on taking cities, so with just that seen, it's a good guess that they didn't 'something' to them.

the Order finisher looks to be doubled and the Autocracy opener seems to give a culture boost on taking cities, so with just that seen, it's a good guess that they didn't 'something' to them.

I was wondering if you think diety will be harder in GaK? I think with diplomacy, along with religion, espionage, and new combat rules mixed in, may make things more difficult. Are you going to be doing videos on it? Sorry if thats a stupid question.

Order: Can purchase GE with faith
Autocracy: Can purchase GG with faith
Freedom: Can purchase GA with faith
With Freedom being shifted up to industrial too... Order seems much more useful already.
(oh well, not sure if this GE purchasing needs the tree finished or how this exactly works... guess we'll just have to wait and see.)

--------------------------------------------------

PS: If this remains the start screen/background, I will not buy the game:
Spoiler :

Summary update!

ATTENTION: The beliefs can be found here.

• Mayan UU: Atlatl (Spear-thrower).
  • combat strength of fighter is 45 now instead of 40.
  • the Order finisher is now +2 of everything, instead of just +1.
  • New wonder: CN Tower
  • Carthage UA: units can enter mountain terrain & they take 50HP damage if they end their turn on mountain.
  • New resource: Either coffee or citrus
  • 1:24:16 mouse over the new resource tile. I *think* coffee, requires plantation, 2:c5food: 1:c5production: 1:c5gold: in a forest.
  • New resource: Crabs
  • Autocracy opener includes 10 culture pillaged for every 1 culture produced in city
  • Geneva is a religious city-state
  • Religious city states have a new icon, two hands praying
  • Autocracy opener: -33% unit maintenance and "receive 10 culture as plunder for each point of culture produced in the conquered city." Not sure what that means exactly - seems very powerful though! Finisher is +25% attack bonus for 50 turns!

Units:
Did anyone mention Composite Bow
Strength 7
Range 11
Move 2
Can't melee attack

Real quick:
African Forest Elephant:
Cost 67
Move 3
Strength 14
Replaces Horseman
Doesn't appear to require horses
Strikes Fear
Produces GGs quicker

Quinquereme
Cost 30
Move 4
Strength 13
Melee
Oddly enough, no unit replacement listed.

As there was speculation about new strength values in G&K, here some I found in the stream (of new and old units):

Scout:
Strength 5
Movement 2

African Forest Elephant:
Strength 14
Movement 3

Composite Bowman:
Strenth 7
Range Attack 11

Swordsman:
Strength 14
Movement 2

Fighter:
Strength 45

Destroyer:
Strength 55 (meele only)
Movement 7

Battleship:
Strength: 55
Range 70

Great War Infantry:
Strength 50
Movement 2

Mehal Sefari:
Strength 34
Movement 2

Great War Bomber:
Strength 50
(Range 6)

Landhip:
Strength 60
Movement 4

Contributors:
MadDjinn
Babri
Montow
snipperrabbit
gullgutten
seek
mabalogna
Fangren
Pouakai
Arkangelus

I'm shocked they didn't announce the last new civilization yet. We're sure we are getting one more, right? And they're not counting Spain as that additional one that we're all counting on? I believe I saw in a preview a while ago that there will now be 34 civilizations, and we already have 25 counting the DLC, so that would mean we are still getting one more, but I just am surprised they have bothered to leave just one unannounced still.

Hey, this forums activity would drop by 50% if we knew all the civs ;).

Thanks for this; it's really helpful.

But... and I'm sorry if this seems a little nitpicky... please, please, please can we spell it 'Colombo'? We are after all not talking about the detective. :D

Sorry, that was just C&P, will be fixed.

Wait, is that start screen for real? I was sure someone made it just for fun...

Finally something Canadian in a Civ game. Maybe the last Civ is Canadian:mischief:

Just came back. I waited an hour for that damned movie. Notes:
Mehal Safari get a bonus near the capital.
Great War Infantry (I will always call them muffin-tops) have 50 strength, and the Mehal safari have 36. this implies a strength bump for everything. Also the unique horseman of the huns have strength 6 and ranged strength 8.
One pantheon belief that really struck me as noteworthy was one that gave every city with a trade route 2 science.
Also, the Carthaginian Quinquireme has 4 moves and 13 strength.

EDIT: You people didn't mention that the carthaginians can only go on mountains after they get their first great general

Quinquereme almost certainly replaces Trireme. I see the Battering Ram doesn't list a replacement either and it's a spearman. Battering Ram also doesn't list a bonus against horses, so it might not get one.

I very much agree. I dont like Haile Selassie that much. On the other hand their UA is quite interesting, because its based on number of cities. This means they should be played like India - few big cities. Also their UU benefits from this kind of playstyle.

What is the UA of Ethopia & what ability does their UU get ?

What is the UA of Ethopia & what ability does their UU get ?

They get a bonus against stronger/bigger empires in defense, meaning that if you have a gigantic empire they're getting a bigger defense bonus if they are like 1-3 cities.

They also get a defense bonus closer they are to their capital.

With Freedom being shifted up to industrial too... Order seems much more useful already.
(oh well, not sure if this GE purchasing needs the tree finished or how this exactly works... guess we'll just have to wait and see.)

Well,it means that from Industrial era to beyond,Faith bonus would only be used to buy a Great Person and each SP gives a specific GP to buy . It'd work in a similar way on how the faith can be used to buy Missionaries/Inquisitor .

EDIT: You people didn't mention that the carthaginians can only go on mountains after they get their first great general

Yeah I mentioned that their was some GG thing in their UA but could not read it properly as the text was pretty small.

Also, big to note. it cleary stated "EARNED" meaning a Great General purchased with Hagia or the Liberty finsiher won't count. atleast I highely dobut it will.

Because I noticed the achievement for 100 generals/wins/army only counts spawned xp ones.

What's that icon for at 1:39:43? One of the religious units maybe?

It's a new civilian unit that belongs to the city-state.. The icon looks like a carnival mask from what I can tell, there are only two discernible units on the tile (which has a TP). City-states don't get GP, I don't know why a CS would have a missionary... Not sure what it could be!

The CN Tower? It's going to be hilarious when Canada is announced as the mystery civ

I just wonder why. Are modern wonders underrepresented? We already knew Neuschwanstein Castle and the Great Mosque of Djenne are in as new Wonders, and both date from the modern era (it's true that the Great Mosque was built on a site occupied by former mosques dating back to the Songhai period, but the building that is actually considered a wonder was built in 1906 and, while inspired by Sahelian styles, was a then-new design rather than a replica of a previous mosque).

I'd have plumped for Borobodur as a new Wonder, but at least Petra finally made it in so I'm somewhat mollified...

EDIT: then again, as long as Cristo Redentor is accepted as a Wonder in this game, I suppose we have to accept that "Wonder" is no longer being taken to mean "feat of architectural or cultural accomplishment" but rather is becoming synonymous with "popular tourist site":(

Top Bottom