1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

SVN version

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by AbsintheRed, Jan 10, 2013.

1. stolenrays

stolenrays Chieftain

2. VGL

VGL Chieftain

So,is the mod on develempment?and where is the RFCE?

3. Altan I Balik

Altan I Balik Chieftain

I make of many hoppeningens for this of modding of strongsert and strongsest and mostest great mighty powefullests and molest with the of culturingest and strengthiestest and greatest of the mights!

4. Rafaelvdervaart

Rafaelvdervaart Chieftain

Where are the modders?

I hope they are still able to change some minimal stuffs... like improve Byzantium UHV( as the 3rd one is just too dumb), make it slighty harder.... I would like to see more barbarian invasion in the balkans ( slavic, then magiars, then avars, then cumans, etc) because after the bulgarian spawn, you will see no threat in the balkans

5. deadheat

deadheat Chieftain

Can someone help me with the SVN? I am having trouble updating because there are a bunch of file conflicts whenever I try to update to the newer versions. Any help would be appreciated! :confused::confused::confused:

6. DC123456789

DC123456789 Chieftain

Did you make any changes to the files yourself?

7. deadheat

deadheat Chieftain

Not that I am aware of. I deleted RFCE, re-copied 1.1 from winrar and updated from there.

8. DC123456789

DC123456789 Chieftain

Oh... don't do that. You need to checkout with an empty folder. Follow these instructions:

9. deadheat

deadheat Chieftain

Well if I could read instructions derp :lol::lol: Thanks man!:goodjob:

10. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Did you manage to do the checkout or need some further help?

11. deadheat

deadheat Chieftain

I got it. Thanks though!

12. urban

urban Chieftain

Any progress towards solving the CTDs?

13. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

One major CTD has been solved. (The city attack CTD) But others haven't.

14. urban

urban Chieftain

Have we identified the problems? Still worth uploading savegames? Anything else to be done?

15. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

ehh, wrong thread

16. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

So, I got a question: say you start as Moscovites, try to found your capital Moscow in place but discover that tile belongs to Murom province. Moscow province is 1W, but you will loose Iron and Horse. This was inherited from distant past, even RFCE++ has this oddity. Can we fix it please?

17. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Yeah, that's on my todo list for ages.
    Waited with it for a bigger province/map update, but that always got postponed.

Finally started on the map updates during the summer, but than another modding brake came along.
    Have lots of unfinished stuff in my modding files, will finish these changes too sooner or later.

Mammon likes this.
  18. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

There has to be stronger short term stability and gold incentive for human player to chose Protestantism, because right now human player does not have much of a choice. Stability hit for a civ like France is huge, taking it from very solid to collapsing almost, and +20 golds from All Saints Church does not compensate it. And this is the best case scenario, when human civ founds Protestantism. In case AI founds it -- human player has no short term benefits at all to convert. Even persecution gives nominal 30 golds, why does converting the entire nation to the cheaper church must be so unrewarding? Obviously, in a long run extra beakers from protestant buildings will benefit the Reformed human player civ, but it may come a little too late if your civ gets into collapsing spiral. I suggest special positive Swing bonus for all the Reformed civs, which will gradually expire during the 50 turns, enough for gradual persecution of Catholics to establish religious unity (think historical events in England, for example).

19. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

This is true, the only way to avoid collapse or serious stability damage that u run religious tolerance, and the only way to have it is WA. But not all civ can or will or able to have it. As Hungary it's essential anyway and gives you synergies, but you barely will build it as scotland or sweeden or prussia, etc. Although its become better in the last svn as it was before, the stability problems uppon converting still hurts a lot.

20. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

This is a good idea btw, currently I'm playing with the idea to add a short term stability boost upon converting to Protestantism (via the event).