SVN version

So,is the mod on develempment?and where is the RFCE?

I make of many hoppeningens for this of modding of strongsert and strongsest and mostest great mighty powefullests and molest with the of culturingest and strengthiestest and greatest of the mights!

Where are the modders?

I hope they are still able to change some minimal stuffs... like improve Byzantium UHV( as the 3rd one is just too dumb), make it slighty harder.... I would like to see more barbarian invasion in the balkans ( slavic, then magiars, then avars, then cumans, etc) because after the bulgarian spawn, you will see no threat in the balkans

Can someone help me with the SVN? I am having trouble updating because there are a bunch of file conflicts whenever I try to update to the newer versions. Any help would be appreciated! :confused::confused::confused:

Not that I am aware of. I deleted RFCE, re-copied 1.1 from winrar and updated from there.

Oh... don't do that. You need to checkout with an empty folder. Follow these instructions:

Then locate your Beyond the Sword\Mods folder, and create a new folder named RFCEurope there.
The name of the mod is important (actually that's true for all mods), don't name/rename the folder to anything else, not even after you already installed the mod.
At least not when you want to run it, but more on that in the useful tips section.

After you installed TortoiseSVN (or your other SVN control program), you can right-click on your Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFCEurope folder and the new option "SVN Checkout" will appear.
This will open a prompt where you enter RFCE's SVN URL: "https://rfceurope.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rfceurope/RFCEurope/"
(without the "" of course)

After the download is done, you will have your RFCE checkout directory in that folder until you delete it.
So you only have to do this once, later you just right-click on that folder and select "SVN Update" to get the most recent updates.

Did you manage to do the checkout or need some further help?

Any progress towards solving the CTDs?

Have we identified the problems? Still worth uploading savegames? Anything else to be done?

ehh, wrong thread

So, I got a question: say you start as Moscovites, try to found your capital Moscow in place but discover that tile belongs to Murom province. Moscow province is 1W, but you will loose Iron and Horse. This was inherited from distant past, even RFCE++ has this oddity. Can we fix it please?

So, I got a question: say you start as Moscovites, try to found your capital Moscow in place but discover that tile belongs to Murom province. Moscow province is 1W, but you will loose Iron and Horse. This was inherited from distant past, even RFCE++ has this oddity. Can we fix it please?
Yeah, that's on my todo list for ages.
Waited with it for a bigger province/map update, but that always got postponed.

Finally started on the map updates during the summer, but than another modding brake came along.
Have lots of unfinished stuff in my modding files, will finish these changes too sooner or later.

There has to be stronger short term stability and gold incentive for human player to chose Protestantism, because right now human player does not have much of a choice. Stability hit for a civ like France is huge, taking it from very solid to collapsing almost, and +20 golds from All Saints Church does not compensate it. And this is the best case scenario, when human civ founds Protestantism. In case AI founds it -- human player has no short term benefits at all to convert. Even persecution gives nominal 30 golds, why does converting the entire nation to the cheaper church must be so unrewarding? Obviously, in a long run extra beakers from protestant buildings will benefit the Reformed human player civ, but it may come a little too late if your civ gets into collapsing spiral. I suggest special positive Swing bonus for all the Reformed civs, which will gradually expire during the 50 turns, enough for gradual persecution of Catholics to establish religious unity (think historical events in England, for example).

This is true, the only way to avoid collapse or serious stability damage that u run religious tolerance, and the only way to have it is WA. But not all civ can or will or able to have it. As Hungary it's essential anyway and gives you synergies, but you barely will build it as scotland or sweeden or prussia, etc. Although its become better in the last svn as it was before, the stability problems uppon converting still hurts a lot.

There has to be stronger short term stability and gold incentive for human player to chose Protestantism, because right now human player does not have much of a choice. Stability hit for a civ like France is huge, taking it from very solid to collapsing almost, and +20 golds from All Saints Church does not compensate it. And this is the best case scenario, when human civ founds Protestantism. In case AI founds it -- human player has no short term benefits at all to convert. Even persecution gives nominal 30 golds, why does converting the entire nation to the cheaper church must be so unrewarding? Obviously, in a long run extra beakers from protestant buildings will benefit the Reformed human player civ, but it may come a little too late if your civ gets into collapsing spiral. I suggest special positive Swing bonus for all the Reformed civs, which will gradually expire during the 50 turns, enough for gradual persecution of Catholics to establish religious unity (think historical events in England, for example).
This is a good idea btw, currently I'm playing with the idea to add a short term stability boost upon converting to Protestantism (via the event).

Top Bottom