Tar pit and other bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reisk@

Warlord
- Game screen shows a tar pit on my land. Proper gatherer building is done and road connection is fine. Tar just doesn't show into resources and only way i could get it was to trade it from others.

My guess is that the tar was actually gone or depleted even if the screen showed it was there because screen bugs sometimes with other ways too like units disappearing for a while and such. Very annoying to chase possibly a very important resource that might not be there, quite a immersion wrecker. Happened once in first longer game with one tar.

- Show resources-button shows only part of resources on screen. It seems totally random about what resources to show and what not. Annoying but minor bug happening all the time.

- Sometimes small unit buttons that show units in city show green health bar only in half way but info screen on bottom left tells that unit has full health. Minor bug happening rarely.

- Unfortunate spy-event has come up about 5 or 6 times now in one game and every time only possible option that i could choose was the most upper feast choice.

Maybe address these basics and the air unit promotion before adding that 394th resource into game ? I love the tech tree, diversity and amount of choices in this mod and really wouldn't want to ditch it but if there are much more bugs like these i have to since although this great mod creates deep immersion, nasty bugs in basic functions really wreck it.

Version under play is new V33.

We'll have to take a look at some of those but the one where only some resources are showing up... zoom out to the point you get the option in the lower right to change the filters on that. For some reason the game seems to automatically reset this filter for some players so that only one category of resources is shown.

I also advise in general against the resource depletion option... not because it's bugged so much as because it doesn't work along well thought-out principles. However, now too because it may be bugged.

- Game screen shows a tar pit on my land. Proper gatherer building is done and road connection is fine. Tar just doesn't show into resources and only way i could get it was to trade it from others.

After you build the improvement on the tar pit you also need to build the building in a city that has the tar pit inside its work radius before you will get tar to trade.

After you build the improvement on the tar pit you also need to build the building in a city that has the tar pit inside its work radius before you will get tar to trade.

You mean that tar resource cannot be used and gathered as a resource if it is not in working radius like any other resource can ? That can't be true. That is most ridiculous and unrealistic.

Of course it should be seen as a collected resource in city screen if it has proper improvement and a road like any other resource does. Other resources don't need to be in working radius either.

Additional city buildings just bring more options with a resource but to say that it can't even be collected unless it is in a city radius is just plain ridiculous.

You mean that tar resource cannot be used and gathered as a resource if it is not in working radius like any other resource can ? That can't be true. That is most ridiculous and unrealistic.

Of course it should be seen as a collected resource in city screen if it has proper improvement and a road like any other resource does. Other resources don't need to be in working radius either.

Additional city buildings just bring more options with a resource but to say that it can't even be collected unless it is in a city radius is just plain ridiculous.

It is the same with horses, elephants, copper and many others. It is a feature of this mod. If you find it so ridiculous I suggest you find a different mod to play.

I also advise in general against the resource depletion option... not because it's bugged so much as because it doesn't work along well thought-out principles. However, now too because it may be bugged.

What a shame, i like the realism of finite resources and greater possibility of finding new. Isn't the principle just a finite resource in all it's simplicity ? Please tell more.

Now if the resources would have counters of probable amount of them left, that would be most excellent. Game could also use a resource storage and real usage measuring system like in Hearts of Iron series for example but that might be too much to ask.

It is the same with horses, elephants, copper and many others. It is a feature of this mod. If you find it so ridiculous I suggest you find a different mod to play.

No it isn't, you don't even get what i mean. Copper resource for example is collected with a mine and a road and then it comes into city resource screen. No matter if the resource is in city working radius or not. Very same applies to horses, elephants and many others. Period. You get it ? Only this tar cannot be collected and used in any way.

You got quite a princess like attitude problem without even understanding the issue. Thats weak man.

<snip>

You got quite a princess like attitude problem without even understanding the issue. Thats weak man.

Please understand the modder you just accused of an attitude has been working on this mod for 4+ years. You could've let the last statement go and just left a better description like the 1st part of your post. No modder here is getting any "pay" from this mod and it's all volunteer work done from caring about what they are doing as a Hobby. You understand what a Hobby is?

So please refrain from labeling or pointing fingers. Otherwise you'll most likely get ignored.

Have a great day and "just have Fun!" as the Team leader always says. :)

JosEPh

Part of the difference is that Tar pits are not actually resources on the map and follow slightly different rules. You get the resource, in this case, from the building that can be built when the map feature exists within the city radius.

However, although you can get, say, Copper from a mine on copper resource in your city radius, you also need other buildings to make it useful in any way, converting it into Copper Wares from its raw source. So not ALL that different.

You understand what a Hobby is?

Can you get anymore intellectually insulting ? Is lying his hobby too ?

Tb confirmed that tar and other resources do work differently and this princess claimed otherwise. He claimed that it is "all the same" with them.

Aw, <snip> and crybabies. Keep your buggy <snip>. You can delete my account. :lol:

Moderator Action: This sort of language is inappropriate for CFC, as is circumventing the autocensor.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I knew I should not have answered after bed time when I am easily insulted by people who call our creation ridiculous.

Reisk@, you are confusing the terrain feature tar pit with the manufactured resource tar. Or maybe you thought tar pit was a map resource like copper where as it is a terrain feature like forest.

Just like all the other manufactured resources tar is produced from a building in the city not from an improvement on the map. Like the building that makes the manufactured resource wood requires forest in the work area of the city the building that makes tar (ie the building Tar Pit) requires the feature tar pit to be in the city vicinity.

Dh, I wouldn't waste anymore time on this or explanations. Hopefully he never comes back.

JosEPh

I knew I should not have answered after bed time when I am easily insulted by people who call our creation ridiculous.

Reisk@, you are confusing the terrain feature tar pit with the manufactured resource tar. Or maybe you thought tar pit was a map resource like copper where as it is a terrain feature like forest.

Just like all the other manufactured resources tar is produced from a building in the city not from an improvement on the map. Like the building that makes the manufactured resource wood requires forest in the work area of the city the building that makes tar (ie the building Tar Pit) requires the feature tar pit to be in the city vicinity.

My oh my, accounts here surely don't get closed easily.

I know now what you mean and it is still ridiculous. Picture this example from real life:

There is a hill with copper. Natural source of copper, just sitting in there. You make a mine and a road, then the copper can be shipped to city and it becomes a usable resource. This is nice and logical.

Then there is a tar pit. Natural source of tar, just bulping in there. you make proper extraction facility and a road, but magickaboom, suddenly you can't ship this natural tar into a city and can't make it a resource.

Plain unrealistic and ridiculous. Tar is just as much a natural resource as copper, only difference is that it can produced by burning as well as extracting it from natural tar pits.

As for the major brokenness of air units, i'm sure that there is no good or any explanation how the promotion system of an entire branch of arms can be fkd if the mod has been in development for over 4 years. According to this, it feels like no one is playing the mod, for breaks of this size surely can't go unnoticed and i can't possibly believe that players are so stupid that they can't notice such a major bugs. How in the hell can you have missed such a big one i'm totally without clue.

At least one noticed and reported before me, he was left without a reply for over a month. That is most ridiculous.

There is a hill with copper. Natural source of copper, just sitting in there. You make a mine and a road, then the copper can be shipped to city and it becomes a usable resource. This is nice and logical.

Then there is a tar pit. Natural source of tar, just bulping in there. you make proper extraction facility and a road, but magickaboom, suddenly you can't ship this natural tar into a city and can't make it a resource.

Tar pit is not tar. It was not implemented as a resource because it was originally impassible. You can't build a road or improvement if you can't enter the plot. It will take about 1-2 days to convert it from a terrain feature to a resource and break everyone's save games. All in all, not worth the change.

At least one noticed and reported before me, he was left without a reply for over a month. That is most ridiculous.

Not unusual for a hobby. Each modder has their own priorities - working on other things or having RL issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom