Task List

* Gamefont icons for bonus resources
For iridium and rubidium, what do you think of stealing the buttons/icons from here, specifically the one right of the mammoth and underneath the horse? They seem to look different enough and both are silvery-white.

Cheers, LT.

* Sea Base dome

Change the texture of the dome of the attached arcology to a frame as seen on the Nautilus Pirate wallpaper, but make the windows untransparent.

* Sea Base dome

Change the texture of the dome of the attached arcology to a frame as seen on the Nautilus Pirate wallpaper, but make the windows untransparent.

Here's the dome made untransparent. There are 2 versions in my attachment. The first as you attached but made the dome untransparent, the second made the dome untransparent and removed the Firaxis frame (I'm guessing it would clash with a frame textured on the dome texture itself).

Attachments

• arcology1.rar
    288 KB · Views: 207
A low priority gamefont task:

Add the old symbols for food/hammers/commerce/gold/culture to the bottom row of the gamefont. Then I would add an entry in the Planetfall concepts page showing which new symbol matches which old symbol.

* Air Evac unit

I added a unit to represent refugees from a conquered base. I'd like to ask someone to convert the attached unit from the EE2 pack for Civ4 use.

Attachments

• HeavyTransportHelicopter.zip
    67.1 KB · Views: 185
Maybe a new graphic for either Helium-3 or the Hydrothermal Vent ressource could be added to the list? They currently share exactly the same one.

Other graphics for some sea-based resources wouldn't be bad either. As it is now they often dwarf the marine lab.

Maybe a new graphic for either Helium-3 or the Hydrothermal Vent ressource could be added to the list? They currently share exactly the same one.

How about this?
It's the oil graphic but in green and with the city unhealthy fumes instead of the normal oil spill.

Wonder if perhaps this one isn't better for methane ice and the coal resource for Helium-3. The latter is supposed to be extracted from rock anyway.

Attachments

• swampgas.jpg
    swampgas.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 311
It's the oil graphic but in green and with the city unhealthy fumes instead of the normal oil spill.

Seems good to me. Where did you get this again? I've seen it before but forgot about it. :-s

Wonder if perhaps this one isn't better for methane ice and the coal resource for Helium-3. The latter is supposed to be extracted from rock anyway.

Do you also mean it doesn't make sense for Helium-3 to exist in rocks at the bottom of the ocean?

Seems good to me. Where did you get this again? I've seen it before but forgot about it. :-s

Attached for your convenience.

Do you also mean it doesn't make sense for Helium-3 to exist in rocks at the bottom of the ocean?

No, as far as I know ³He is dispersed over the whole of a planet.

Attachments

• Swampgas.zip
    99.7 KB · Views: 215
How about this?

Yes, looks nice :goodjob:

It would be better to have a third one though. One for Helium, Methane Ice and Hydrothermal Vent.

You mean 3 graphics based on the oil resource graphic for those 3 resources? We could always adjust/mix colors, and I noticed that if that "swampgas" graphic is used in combination with a (land)mine, fumes AND sparks come out of the graphic.

So I'd say Methane Ice for swampgas proper (green and all) and worked by the oil well.
Helium with some other color combo and also based on the swampgas animations, but worked by a mine.
And Hydrothermal vent as it is now. (shouldn't that be worked by a energy gathering improvement?)

Is this fine for you? If so, I'll give it a shot and upload the changes for your review.

Btw, if this is how you like it, how about using the coal resource graphic for Iridium? Currently it seems void of graphics (at least in the Datalinks).

...I thought another recruitment poster might be fun, especially since the expansion factions are now a pretty balanced and well working part of the game (that you can play yourself).

Cheers, LT.

Attachments

• rebellion.jpg
    rebellion.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 297
Aerodynamically seen, a massive "castle" like that on the pic is quite the burden for aircraft operations (landing especially because of the windfall).

As little stuff on the landing deck as possible is a must.
It's one of the reasons why the Queen Elizabeth class carriers will have 2 island structures: to limit the winddraft in the back section where it matters most.

V3N0M, I'm sorry, but I can't use your model.
I wrote this in the tasklist:

Planetfall needs a graphic for a surface aircraft carrier ship. I don't want to use a normal aircraft carrier graphic though. The idea behind Mass Drivers allowing Carriers/Rail Launchers is that with that technology no lengthy carrier decks are needed anymore, but that instead aircraft are launched from comparatively shorter launch tubes instead. So for a surface ship/carrier I'd prefer some cruiser-hulled ship that for instance shows two launch tubes (don't need to be tubular) running across the length of the ship, but for the rest kinda looks like a normal cruiserlike type ship, (rail?)guns included. Ships with the Rail Launchers spec ab can still attack after all.

Your model has a deck rather than launch tubes, and as a consequence does not fit the reason why I'd prefer another carrier graphic in the first place. There are plenty of carriers with carrier decks around if I wanted that.

Top Bottom