TCIT- Friday 6th July 1300 BST (GMT +1)

Hey there Joe

I am sick and tired of the Berlin Keshiks, so if the polls dictate they both attack the longbowman, please do so, if only one is polled, do so, but let the other remain in the main stack. I cannot count on the keshiks as scouts at all, thanks to this insidious malaise of conflicting petty agendas which utterly ruins any recon plans.

I am planning to play the save on Monday night, is that enough time for the court case to finish?

Is this definitive? I believe all "issues" will be finished in time to play monday.

The court reviews in question will be completed by Monday. The court will rule on lifting the stay as soon as possible, this may however not be solely in the hands of the Judiciary.
As of now the stay is in effect and will remain so until the court decides otherwise.

The court reviews in question will be completed by Monday. The court will rule on lifting the stay as soon as possible, this may however not be solely in the hands of the Judiciary.
As of now the stay is in effect and will remain so until the court decides otherwise.
The court has ruled to lift the stay on the current Turnchat immediately - the TC can now be played at the DP's discretion.

Good Joe, go break some bony German aaaah, you know what I mean :)

There are 5 apparently valid polls which concern the full-strength Keshik.

#1 Kill the Longbow. Orders the full-strength Keshik to attack the longbow in a single, two-square move.

#2 Attack with 2nd Keshik if 1st one fails. Leaves followup with the 2nd Keshik at the DP's discretion.

#3 Make the "illegal" move mandatory. This poll has not closed yet. If yes wins, it inherently invalidates #1 because the Keshik is no longer in the location specified by that poll.

#4 Longbow Poll V2. This poll has not closed yet. If yes wins, it overrules polls #2 and #3, and reinstates the result of poll #1.

#5 Disregard longbow poll v2. This poll is not closed yet. If yes wins, it overrules polls #4 and reinstates poll #3.

edit (missed condition) If poll #5 is yes and poll #3 is yes, move the Keshik NE, do not attack.
edit (missed condition) If poll #5 is yes and poll #3 is no, use the full-strength Keshik to attack using a single 2-square move. DP is free to decide the move of the 2nd Keshik if the 1st attack fails.

If poll #5 is no and poll #4 is yes, use the full-strength Keshik to attack using a single 2-square move. DP is free to decide the move of the 2nd Keshik if the 1st attack fails.

If poll #5 and #4 are both no, move the full-strength Keshik NE, do not attack.

If poll #5, #4, #3 are all no, use the full-strength Keshik to attack using a single 2-square move. DP is free to decide the move of the 2nd Keshik if the 1st attack fails.

End of logic. :crazyeye:

It was never specified as a two square move, in neither instructions nor the poll, which explains the confusion here. The 2 tile move is clearly an exploit, like the dual move from routed navies in Civ 3, which was heavily used in play by email games. This means, most of us were surprised by the change of odds from the 2 tile distance to the 1 tile distance. I even mailed Firaxis about it. Now, this was wrong.

You should consult the battle calculator I posted in the last "Legendary Berlin Siege" thread, here you can see the odds of the troops involved with the appropriate promotions, terrain and health levels. Run through this calculator, and avoid the number from the hovering over 2 tiles distance, because that number is not accurate, as tested out by Conroe. This way, you know the odds before you initiate the strike.

So whatever happens, 70 % odds is the lowest odds we should apply for a cross-river assault, weighting the necessity to scout for a German counter. This is just my opinion Joe, you are of course "free" to ignore it.

Moderator Action: I should delete this as discussion in a non-discussion thread, but I won't. Dave

Ok starting now unless anyone objects

No objections here, good luck :D

Play the save, just need to load it up, might take a while

Here you go sorry it is late, had driver issues with the memory stick i have and the family computer

A little summary

Turn 0

Renamed all military units
Move Steedstopper (maceman) and Noyan Steppe Infantry (axemen)
Attack Longbow from two squares away, it wins with 1 health left
Made all the changes to the cities
Moved settler in EA to site of NOTB
Pillagers head east.

Turn 1

The Boyan Charger(keshik) dies to elephant
Move built military units to designated cities
Pillagers destroy road between Cologne and Berlin

Turn 2

Founded NOTB, couldn’t name it None of the Below because it limits the words in the cities name
Move military units built in cities
Bombarded Berlin to keep cultural bonus down
Pillagers near Cologne go to 1W of Cologne

Turn 3

Pillage elephant resource south of Cologne
Made worker movements

Turn 4
Captured Berlin
Lost all cats which attacked
Lost Noyan Gatestormers(axemen)
Other units survived
Started revolution to OR Serfdom Bureaucracy Representation
2 turns to end of revolution

Turn 5
Elephant attackes Cumae, defeats Border Guard (spearmen), beaten by Keshik in Cumae
1 turn to end of revolution
Fortify Berlin
Turn 6
End of revolution
Losing 49 gold per turn compared to -27 before revolution

Turn 7
Attack Barb outside EA

Turn 8

Pillaged road connecting iron to south of German empire.
Miltary units moved, mostly to Munich in preparation for potential attack on Cologne.

Turn 9

Workboat sent to crabs SW of Paris
Started Markets in lyons Started Granary in Paris after market.

Finished.

I will say sorry now for anything i missed out while doing the TC,

Attachments

• C4DG2 AD-1360.Civ4SavedGame
    237.9 KB · Views: 146
Thanks!

I can't look at the save now, but the log sounds good. The military results are about what I expected. Techs weren't mentioned but we can extract the ending dates from the in-game log.

Excellent work Joe Harker, you impressed way beyond my expectations.
You leveraged the two pillagers not to only take out elephants access, but also iron access. For this you earned a medal and promotion :)

Also flawless implementation of unit naming and the very assaults themselves.
The foodplain position could counter several tiles, and they did avenge the German Königstramper countering Boyan Chargers following us winning over the infamous longbowman.

I also assumed we would lose all catapults and the first or two first assaulters. I am happy we only lost a total of 6 units for all this damage.
I would say that this has been an unquestionable success (except for the ramblings down in None of the Above). Hooray.

Daveshack, we finished Printing press turn 1, followed by monothesim next turn, we are currently researching guilds, one more thing the science slider had to go down to 20% tto make cash.

Hey, what did you exactly do to the German elephant, can't see him in the report.

It kill the spearmen in cumae, then i killed it with th keshik in the city

ok, please write it into the report ("Königstramper headed SW towards Cumae, killed spearman [name of unit] countered by keshik [name of unit]).
At least that is we know what happened - good.

Yet, I am curious why you did not counter Königstramper with the Trunketeer (spearman on the hill) or the Steedstoppers?

Top Bottom