1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Team AMAZON

Discussion in 'BTS Multi-Team Demogame II' started by Sommerswerd, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

No, not really. :)

Sorry, but would this be playing against each other? And what is Pitboss? Sorry if it's a dumb question...

Same as Tinkerbell.

2. DMOC

DMOC Mathematician

A "Team Pitboss" as Sommerswerd is referring to is when the team members decide to play their own game with each other in addition to the general pitboss game as a whole.

Civ4 Pitboss is how we will play multiplayer here.

3. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

Pitboss is a multiplayer game mode that has the game hosted on a server, and each turn (generally ~24 hours) everyone logs into the server and plays their turn. With 4 people you could probably get through quite a few turns in short succession if you're all on at the same time.

4. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Hello everyone.

I lurked in MTDG III over with Cav. Months and difficulty levels more experienced (not to mention a bunch of youtube videos and IU hosts) later, I offer my services in a bit more regular fashion:

Turnplayer

Interested: Yes. Unlike before I've used pitboss now and have served as a stand-in. I usually play at immortal, but I'd imagine I'd do a little better if I bother to micro, like in these really slow games ;). Right now, any day is ok but subject to change if I can actually get a job :/.

Team Pitboss

I'd be down. I want to see what we've got in our pool on team hawt, and it should be fun.

Map settings

I'd like to see something that forces a mix of land + naval. If the #s get up there I'd like to avoid the incessant considerations of complex diplo involved with tech trades allowed, although somewhat against AW. Most settings I don't care about in this format.

5. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Yep, kind of like a warm-up game for the main event. It's a great way to get to know each other's playing styles and just socialize a little bit within the team. No pressure... its just a fun, team activity:)

The AMAZON nation will benefit greatly from your forum-reknowned wisdom and we gladly accept your services. We have heard the stories... We have listened to the podcasts... and We welcome TheMeInTeam to the AMAZON nation with our standard party...

Followed by our traditional show...

And of Course... No AMAZON Welcome Ceremony would be complete without the Golden Rope Ceremony... Courtesy of Princess Diana... who adorned herself in brand new, formal attire... to mark the ascention of such a prestigious new AMAZON

That makes 3 of us now for the Team Pitboss... Once we hear back from Zack and Lord Civius we can probably get started... Also great to have another Turnplayer!:goodjob:

Again, welcome to the newest AMAZON... TheMeInTeam.:D

6. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Prince

Oh welcome TheMeInTeam to the glorious empire of the AMAZON. During the feasts of your arrival, all amazing members watched a show composed of YouTube video's and drank virtual booze. :D

BTW: I can across your video's a few days ago, and are enjoying them. Thanks!

7. Sommerswerd

Almost forgot to include an updated member list:blush::

8. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I have very little experience with pitboss I am afraid :sad: but I really like the idea of a team pitboss game to fine tune my skills.

I'm ready when you are ;) .

9. Sommerswerd

OK so that makes 4 of us for the team pitboss so that is enough to start talking settings... Zack can let us know if he will be playing as well.:) Since we are aiming for a quick game I would say:

Small Map
    Pangea
    Tech Trades Off
    Simultaneous Turns 24 hr timer
    Huts off
    Barbs off
    Events off

Everyone playing should speak up about settings, they prefer for the team pitboss and also say what Civ they plan on using.:D. Hopefully, we can get the game up and running soon.. maybe even within a week or so.

10. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Prince

11. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Settings sound good to me :goodjob: .

12. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

I thank everyone for the warm welcome. I changed my avatar to celebrate the occasion :).

Pitboss game settings look fine.

13. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

Sommers - well done with the team idea.

I thought we worked fairly well together in the last game so I would likely be going with this team. I'll be checking in on occasion but wont be too involved until the game starts.

I find the current discussion on game set up far to intricate. Generally I lean towards simple game settings. Especially for a team game where things will get plenty complicated once it gets going.

When you are closer to starting the game let me know.

P.S.
    - I just thought I should point out that Qaddafi's squad of 40 elite female bodyguards. That would be a great UU.
    http://images.google.com/imgres?img...s+female+bodyguard&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbs=isch:1

14. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Prince

Sounds like Princes Diane should warm up for the next golden rope seramony :goodjob:

15. Sommerswerd

Indeed... I guess we can let the "likely" part slide;) AMAZONs love an excuse to throw a party!:D

Yes it was fun. I look forward to teaming up with you again... So without further ado...

Old friends are the best friends and the wiley damnrunner is no exception! A seasoned veteran of the great Kaz debates, Potterygate, the Feudalism Plot, and the great SANCTA war... damnrunner is an experienced MTDG veteran who has seen his nation through thick and thin...

During the most tense, most contentious times in Kaz history... when even the mention of another Kaz'ers name could start a duel, he was known only by his icon :run:

To welcome an such an illustrious warrior, the AMAZONs have a carnival style party... complete with face-warpainting:

Then... Your show:

Diana initially expressed some misgivings about the welcome ceremony because of the use of the word "likely," however, the other AMAZONs, led by Tinkerbell, informed her that this was just the enigmatic nature of anyone who had been a member of Kaz... Diana smiled, and did a quick change into a special outfit that she had prepared for exactly this eventuality...

She explained that she had fashioned a white-gold rope for such occasions... The white-gold rope will magically convert to the traditional gold when the AMAZON reports for duty (at the start of the game):)

I will give you a ring when we are ready to start the main game:D... Oh and the Libyan Presidential Guard... great pic. Also a great Avatar possibility?:mischief: Welcome to the ranks of AMAZON:goodjob:

16. Sommerswerd

1st AMAZON Pitboss is up and running!:D

Team Members- Tinkerbell, Lord Civius, TheMeInTeam... check your PM box for log-in details.:goodjob:

I just set the civs/leaders to Random, since no one specified a particular team... Picking leaders from the 4 available can be first-come first-serve... I will take whichever leader is last one left.:) The Computer randomly gave us:
    Augustus
    Hannibal
    Shi Huang
    Cyrus

Don't worry so much about leaders/start locations, etc., we really just need to test whether everyone can log-in.:mischief:. Once we know everyone can get into a game, we can start a new game if needed.

Post here once you have finished taking your turn.

This is Exciting!:woohoo:

17. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

Sorry I'm committed to too many things at one time right now, so I'm going to have to drop out of this.

18. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

It doesn't take any more commitment to play in a MTDG than it does to post on CFC, unless you're a turnplayer or diplomat.

19. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

I'm not sure it's clear if Zack meant just the team pitboss game or the whole Amazon team. The former I could understand, the latter makes less sense. ;)

20. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

I meant the Pitboss, but I'm probably not going to be very active in the actual game.