Term 1 - Ministry of Defense: The Birth of the Poilus

Originally posted by ybbor
a good idea would probably be to go right to iron working, as the 20 K city can work on the collosus, while we find iron. we can then go for the wheel, mainly to provide horse location, and then ceremonial burial to keep the infastructure people happy, or masonary for the pyramids, we can then convince them to go after horseback riding, math, or map making

i disagree. to keep up in tech with the other civs, we should go matehematics, followed by currency, and trade for bronze, iron, cermonial burial, and other essential techs. if we really want to build an early wonder, the pyramids (we start with masonry) will suffice as prebuid for the moment.

since both mathematics and currency are high techs, we will end up with minimizing our tech spending to make more gpt during the first 40 + 40 turns. the gold can be used to buy tech or upgrade swords while we are able to stay high in the techrace at a low cost.

I disagree with these proposals, because a 20k culture city requires any cultural building it can get ASAP. We should research Ceremonial Burial ASAP.

Ok, again, why research cheap tiny techs when we could trade for it and research expensive techs. We are playing on Monarch, not Emperor or Diety. We should be sure to get Math and Currency first for the bext money booster. About ybbor's suggestion, all the techs you stated could be traded at a cheap price.

I think a 20k victory will suck, because it sticks out positions like the military position to having a better word in the government. Sinse we are going cultural, then why do wars? "Forget he military minister!" is what I think will happen. This is why I think histograph was the best becuase it brings every aspect of the game together.

Math is the best way to go. Whats wrong with learning numbers?

I think we shouldn't go to war too early because it could weigh heavily on our early economy.

Originally posted by wlievens
I think we shouldn't go to war too early because it could weigh heavily on our early economy.

However, if we completely defeat another civilization, our economy will grow. We could either capture cities or raze cities for more ground to build cities.

Also, a question for the minister: Do you plan to raze or capture cities?

Originally posted by Sharkey
Also, a question for the minister: Do you plan to raze or capture cities?

This is a question I have answered many times. I will only plan to capture cities. Razing cities is a waste of resources and efficency. The only time I raze cities if they are dead beat cities that refuses to move above size 2 and is surrounded by mountans.

I agree with the General and Sarevok: razing is bad! Let's just capture those cities.

what about horseman? i made some good experiences with them in my last game as they can retreat....

Procedures on approaching Goodie huts

All goodie huts must not be poped unless its determined safe in the polls.

Originally posted by CivGeneral
Procedures on approaching Goodie huts

All goodie huts must not be poped [sic] unless its determined safe in the polls.

Perhaps I am just being dense here, but what does "safe in the polls' mean exactly? And how is it determined?

Did you mean...

A) Citizens are consulted and majority think it is safe to pop the hut?

B) Chat participants are polled and a majority think it is safe to pop the hut (which to my mind is different from A).

C) Somehow we determine that it is safe to pop into the polls and then gather together later at the pub. :lol:

Originally posted by dreiche2
what about horseman? i made some good experiences with them in my last game as they can retreat....

I agree, these are the best for late Ancient and Early Middle. They provide an excellent way to upgrade to the Medieval war machine. :) In my games I usually build around 30 and upgrade all of them as soon as Chivalry is reached.

Originally posted by TerminalMan90

Perhaps I am just being dense here, but what does "safe in the polls' mean exactly? And how is it determined?

Did you mean...

A) Citizens are consulted and majority think it is safe to pop the hut?

B) Chat participants are polled and a majority think it is safe to pop the hut (which to my mind is different from A).

C) Somehow we determine that it is safe to pop into the polls and then gather together later at the pub. :lol:

A is the correct choice within the game.

B is a valid technique if there are no instructions, but illegal if there is a binding instruction already posted. There are no official spot polls within the chat, only informal advice.

C - have we invented pubs yet? sometime I wish we used a mod with "brewing" as one of the optional early techs. It's even historically accurate, I once read the Babylonians had beer before they had bread... :lol:

I have an announcement:

I am now offering my resignation to CivGeneral for the position of Defense Deputy in the first terms.

The reasons for this resignation offer is that I feel that after a series of crisis both in the forum and out has made my fufulling my position as deputy for the future impossible.

I will continue to post advice/agreements/disagreements here to help the Defense Dept in acheiving the goal of making a great offensive and defensive war machine. i most likely will not run for second term Defense Minister, but will for third as by then this crisis will be over.

It is up to CivGeneral wether or not to accept or decline.

- Sarevok

Originally posted by Sarevok
I have an announcement:

I am now offering my resignation to CivGeneral for the position of Defense Deputy in the first terms...

...It is up to CivGeneral wether or not to accept or decline.

- Sarevok

Well, its your desition, nothing is going to stop you. Ill find a replacement.

Mr. General sir,

I respectfully ask that you lend your voice to the call to raise a new militia to replace the honorable Chuck brigade that gave their lives so valiantly on our behalf.

The current build queue is a settler, and I hope that you will bring your vast experience to the table and recommend to Governor Plexus that we shift immediate production to a warrior unit.

Since RF is currently without a position might I recommend him for your consideration.

Minister CG,

When you have a chance, would you please keep an updated summary of our Military power in your initial post?

Thanks!
-- Ravensfire

Originally posted by ravensfire
Minister CG,

When you have a chance, would you please keep an updated summary of our Military power in your initial post?

Thanks!
-- Ravensfire

Ill create an Excel spreadsheat on it :)

Top Bottom