• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

That One Level/That One Boss

Ozma is one of those bosses that is easy...if you know EXACTLY what to do. Otherwise it will mess you up fast.

The Impossible Challenge in Ratchet & Clank 2. Once you have an Ultra-shield-thingy and the RYNO II, everything else is fresh meat. Not this, with 80 rounds that will make you run out of ammo for everything useful by about round 50, and has a crapton of asteroids you have to avoid while having to fight about 50 robots at the same time.

Ozma is one of those bosses that is easy...if you know EXACTLY what to do. Otherwise it will mess you up fast.

Yeah very true, it took me a long time to kill ozma, nowadays i find it simple though. Unlike ruby/ultima weapon which too me are still a challenge.

Was just reminded of a particularly challenging boss: Tavion in Jedi Outcast.

1. Camp on ship
2. Force push her off the ledge when she tries to come up
3. ???
4. Profit!

But yeah, if you don't figure out that trick she's actually harder than Desann.

I actually thought the Dark Side ending to Jedi Academy was much harder than anything else in any of the games so far. The boss there has insane force powers that make the fight potentially unbeatable if you're not super-aggressive, which is a problem if you're using the double saber.

Partially unrelated: is it me or does Jerec look like James Carville?

He kind of does. Ish. He actually has a little hair, though. It's the same guy who was Defender in The Prestige, if that helps.

I actually thought the Dark Side ending to Jedi Academy was much harder than anything else in any of the games so far. The boss there has insane force powers that make the fight potentially unbeatable if you're not super-aggressive, which is a problem if you're using the double saber.

I thought the fight with Katarn was awesome fun. Its the lead-up to it, in the catacombs of Korriban where you have to fight both Light AND Dark side dudes, that is absolute hell.

Eh. The game stops being hard when you can just Force Choke everything off the ledge. Which is why I thought the Dark Side last boss was the only really challenging thing in the whole series, not counting the horrible Jedi Outcast missions that most people noclip through.

When I was a wee lad, I used to dread the LV15 Raticate towards the end of Mt. Moon in Red and Blue.

Also, here's a fun one for ya:

In Dragon Warrior Monsters,

Terry?/Durran in the last dungeon.
the final battle of the Starry Night Tournament.
that fellow you get to fight after the tournament, with the Divinegon, Rosevine, and Goldslime.
in fact, any time you have to fight a Goldslime or Metalking.

Gannon wasn't in L2P. The dude's name was Agraonim (or something like that)

Agahnim was Ganon in disguise, I thought, as after you defeat Agahnim a second time, he turns into a bat and flies to where you fight Ganon.

Gannon wasn't in L2P
Yes he was, Ganon was the final boss, a green dragon/monster that you fight inside the Pyramid of power in Dark world. Agahnim was the name of the wizard. Ganon was trapped inside his body,when you defeat him Ganon is released and takes the form of a bat and flies too the Pyramid of Power.

[EDIT]
Agahnim was Ganon in disguise, I thought, as after you defeat Agahnim a second time, he turns into a bat and flies to where you fight Ganon.

^ Didn't see this when i posted.

That One Boss:

Krauser in RE5 on Professional before you realise that knifing him is more effective than a whole magnum clip.

The one-on-one fight with the sniper in Vendetta in World at War, on Veteran (not a 'boss', but it's still one dude making your life hell :p)

Sarevok on Baldur's Gate (PC), this is on the middle difficulty, I wouldn't even try it on Insane.

Carry Armor (I think that's its name) in FF7. I'm amazed no one else has said this, Ruby and Emerald are one thing, but they're optional, this thing isn't.

The Butcher in Diablo, as many people have said, when you're new to the game and don't know the cheap way to kill him :p

Metal Gear Rex in Metal Gear Solid

The One Level:

The Snatch and Grab Special Op on MW2 on Veteran. Harder than the Echo ones O_o

The last level of Super Mario Land 2, in the castle

Every single kingdom in Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI gives me hell just to take anything
out. The levels with Lu Bu as a sovereign = EFF THIS GAME'S LU BU CAMPAIGN!

That one level would have to be Heart of the Reich, veteran mode. Holy mother of God.

That one boss... :hmm: There's a few contenders. Crying Wolf in MGS4 on a no alerts play through can be damned annoying, and there's numerous on Demon's Souls.

In Call of Duty 2, the American level assaulting the bombed-out hill defended by pre-sighted mortars. Also, the Soviet level where you must repair the damaged phone cable.

In Medal of Honor Allied Assault, the one passing through the bombed out city in a driving rainstorm, rife with German snipers.

I actually enjoyed both of those.

Top Bottom