Trade Routes:
Currency: 318 (157)
Food: 1,125 (275)
Wood: 530 (395)
Stone: 825 (125)
Metals: 75 (305)
Mana: 0 (0)
Heroes
- Aldarion, the Sword of God, Fighter level 1 XP 0\10 (3HP) (Unarmed)
Settlements
- Elys Aedaer (Capital): lvl3 Lumbermill, lvl1 Farm, lvl1 Quarry, lvl3 Mine, lvl4 Fishing Dock, Temple, Archive (locked) ; +157 Currency, +725 Food, +395 Wood, +125 Stone, +305 Metals, +0 Mana
- The holy city of Elys Aedaer was bustling with productivity and prayer throughout the latter months of spring. Quarries and mining shafts dotted the outskirts of the state capital, fishermen crowded the docks with their produces and priests paraded the streets, anointing and blessing the local citizenry. Though not all focus was put on themselves, for the Edhenyans reached out to the halflings of The Refuge, promising them aid in the near future. The halflings were more than appreciative, and even presented gifts to the diplomats as they departed back to their capital city to report their success.

Meanwhile, Edhenyan state priests arrived upon the shores of The Refuge, and spread their faith with some manner of success. Whilst many of the residents there were already deeply influenced by a gnomish faith known as "The Glittering Stone", some took well to the Alathari faith, adopting it as their own. Sadly, there were one incident in which a priest was lynched and murdered by extremists of the glittering stone, but the leaders of The Refuge; The Freefolk Council, were quick to decree that it was an act of murder and condemned the attack shortly after.

[Turn Summary]:
-2 population from extremist attack
+2 prestige xp from positive relations with the refuge
+1 prestige, +68 currency, +50 metals, +100 wood from gift from halflings
+2 prestige xp from 'The Faith' spreading through the refuge

Immaculate [The Vanir]
Spoiler :
Nation: The Vanir
Tradition: Industrious
Race: Half-Elf (Vanir)
Religion: The Pantheon of Æsir
Leader: Hangadrott queen Sigrdriva
Leader Trait: Industrious
Prestige Rank: 0
Prestige Exp: 2
Military Skill: 3
Military Exp: 0
Stability: 6 ()
Faith: 5.1 (+0.1)
Total Population: 612 (14)
Civilians: 612
Slaves: 0
Unemployed: 550
Military: 0
Military:
- 100 Soldiers (Civilian weapons)
-
-
-
Weapons:
- 200 Civilian Weapons (99 in storage)
- 100 Crude Weapons (100 in storage)
Navy:
-
-
-
-
Trade Routes:
Currency: 303 (134)
Food: 1,413 (189)
Wood: 600 (512)
Stone: 206 (46)
Metals: 81 (374)
Mana: 0 (0)
Heroes
- Princess Sölvis, Rogue level 1 XP 4\10 (1HP) (Civilian weapon)
Settlements
- Vanaheimr (Capital): lvl4 Lumberyard, lvl3 Mine, lvl1 Farm, The Oak of Whispers, Archive (locked) ; +154 Currency, +725 Food, +405 Wood, +31 Stone, +359 Metals, +0 Mana
- Fästning Vitblek Vildsvin "Fort Pale-White Boar" (lvl1 Fort - Taiga): lvl1 Fortification, lvl1 Lumberyard, Barracks ; +30 Currency, +0 Food, +112 Wood, +15 Stone, +15 Metals, +0 Mana
- The hardy northern folk, the Vanir, were quick to react in face of a growing threat looming over them this spring. With a sizable host of beastly orcs having settled down near the borders of their nation's territories, the people looked to their leader, Queen Sigrdriva for answers - and she did indeed answer. Under her guidance, industry flourished and strategic land was picked out for the construction of a fort to deter the orcs from advancing further northward. She dispatched Sölvis to personally scout out the orc positions. She would see orcs gathering in proximity of the fort, but never closing in for an outright confrontation due to the presence of nearby patrolling Vanir soldiers. Additional scouting showed that the orc warband was commanded by a vicious and gargantuan half-troll, which was keeping the brutes in line through fear alone. The princess was so successful in her task that she even managed to reveal that the warband was one of many moving in from the south, hoping to claim resources for a larger and sustainable war against a western nation of humans known as the Kingdom of Aden, of which they had held earlier conflicts with.
[Turn Summary]:
+2 prestige xp from raising fort Vitblek Vildsvin
+4 hero xp to Princess Sölvis

SouthernKing [Outer Haven]
Spoiler :
Nation: Outer Haven
Tradition: Magocracy
Race: Half-Elf
Religion: The House of Aether
Leader: Jia Fei
Leader Trait: Blessed
Prestige Rank: 0
Prestige Exp: 0
Military Skill: 2
Military Exp: 0
Stability: 6 ()
Faith: 5.1 (+0.1)
Total Population: 612 (14)
Civilians: 612
Slaves: 0
Unemployed: 375
Military: 0
Military:
- 25 Battle Maguses (Unarmed)
-
-
-
Weapons:
- 200 Civilian Weapons (200 in storage)
- 100 Crude Weapons (100 in storage)
Navy:
-
-
-
-
Trade Routes:
Currency: 250 (157)
Food: 1,125 (863)
Wood: 805 (255)
Stone: 775 (230)
Metals: 325 (125)
Mana: 55 (5)
Heroes
- Ashe Jat, Cleric level 1 XP 0\10 (2HP) (Unarmed)
Settlements
- Haven (Capital): lvl1 Lumbermill, lvl2 Farm, lvl2 Quarry, lvl1 Mine, lvl1 Fortification, lvl1 Fishing Dock, Tavern Magus Laboratory, Archive (locked) ; +150 Currency, +725 Food, +225 Wood, +230 Stone, +125 Metals, +5 Mana
- Spring turned out to be a dull, but not unwelcome time for the people of Haven. With their industry shaped up to cope with future expansion, the people held a feast in honour of the glories to come.
[Turn Summary]:
+1 stability from Spring feast
+500 sneks

NPCs
Spoiler :
[The Kingdom of Aden] (1 Metropolis, 3 Village, 2 Mining Sites) (North-West Central Continent)
Race: Human, Tradition: Imperialist, Population: 2,110, Military: Strong, Economy: Abysmal, Religion: Tallimist Orthodoxy
[The Free Confederacies of Aden] (2 Towns 2 Villages, 3 Mining Sites) (North-West Central Continent)
Race: Human, Tradition: Industrious, Population: 1,357, Military: Moderate, Economy: Moderate, Religion: Tallimist Agnosticism
[The Glitterstone Republic] (1 Town, 1 Village, 1 Mining Site) (South-West Central Continent)
Race: Gnome, Tradition: Mercantile, Population: 933, Military: Weak, Economy: Moderate, Religion: The Glittering Gem
[The Ironbred Horde] (1 Village, 1 Mining Site) (North-East Mid-North/Central Continental Island)
Race: Half-Orc, Tradition: Barbaric, Population: 671, Military: Strong, Economy: Moderate, Religion: Druidism
[The Refuge] (2 Villages, 1 Fort) (Mid-west of Central Continent)
Race: Halfling, Tradition: Mercantile, Population: 740, Military: Moderate, Economy: Weak, Religion: The Glittering Gem(-), The Faith(+)
[The Vash-al Fayeed Caliphate] (1 Town, 1 Castle, 1 Mining Site) (North-East Mid-North/Central Continental Island)
Race: Human, Tradition: Imperialist, Population: 801, Military: Strong, Economy: Moderate, Religion: The Serene Pearl
[The Marshbound Horde] (3 Villages, 1 Mining Site) (South-West South-Eastern Continent)
Race: Half-Orc, Tradition: Barbaric, Population: 1,100, Military: Strong, Economy: Weak, Religion: Druidism

Dungeons
Spoiler :
- Unexplored Progenitor Ruins [Directly above The Recievers, South-Western Central Continent] Level: Heroic
- Strange Pyramid Structure [East of Necrocracy of Denuo, North-Western Central Continent] Level: Paragon
- Partly-overgrown Gargantuan Humanoid Metal Statue [Directly above Rathmark, Northern Island] Level: Epic
- Bandit Stronghold [North of Necrocracy of Denuo, North-Western Central Continent] Level: Heroic
- Orc Encampment [Directly below The Vanir, North-Western Central Continent] Level: Heroic
- Scorpion-infested Archives [West of Shadowmist Empire, South-Western Continent] Level: Paragon
- Bandit Stronghold [Directly below Grenzland, Central Continent] Level: Heroic
- Fire Drake Lair [South of The Edhenyan States, Central Continent] Level: Epic
- Smuggler's Den [South-West of The Black Shore Tribe, Central Continent]: Heroic

The World
Spoiler :

The World Market
Buying Price (per 1 unit)
Food 1.1 (\)
Wood 2.7 (~)
Stone 3.3 (/)
Metal 5.6 (/)
Slaves 47 (//)
Selling Price (per 1 unit)
Food 0.5 (~)
Wood 1 (~)
Stone 1.4 (~)
Metal 3.2 (~)
Slaves 22.4 (//)
Mana 11 (/)

Great stuff Zapp! I named a mountain :D

Great update.

Looking good so far.

Quick notes regarding stats:
Spoiler :

Shouldn't our capital have docks now?
Did the Vanir go on a hunger-strike? Shouldn't they have eaten some food?
Last year with 1 lumberyard we brought in 319 wood but with 5 lumberyards we now bring in 512. That seems low. Can you confirm that the math is right on this? And if so, please explain how?
I think the Vanir forgot to put the new metals in the stockpile? Shouldn't my metals be left-overs from last turn+income from this turn?

Ooh a riddle! This is fun!

EDIT: There is an inconsistency between the displayed resource stats income (eg 25 Metal) and Æddun's income (eg 400 Metal), I assume resources haven't been updated?

Ah, apologies. Was rather tired by the time I reached you in the update. I'll fix it immediately

Next order's lock deadline is set for Monday 14th

I'm gonna help Zap with the excel sheet that calculates your resource income. You may see slight shifts from current numbers.

Indeed! You may all post your orders as usual, as some of you have already PM'd them to me (dayum those were quick) and I'd like to keep a fluent run going without hiccups, but your T2 stats will see immediate and accurate changes from there onward. :,)

Yes, I'd have sent orders in had I known what my stats were.

Also, for those of you who were wondering, I'm the Black Shore Tribe of half orcs. Was supposed to be in the marshes but now I notice there's an NPC tribe there, so maybe I'm the unnamed settlement just to the northeast of the marshes?

Also, for those of you who were wondering, I'm the Black Shore Tribe of half orcs. Was supposed to be in the marshes but now I notice there's an NPC tribe there, so maybe I'm the unnamed settlement just to the northeast of the marshes?

No That's me.

Zap, i sent you an excel file. Does it serve your purposes?

Haha, yes that's Massive Attack :,) you both chose similar places which I found quite amusing. It'll be fun to see how dwarves and half-orcs stand with each other.

Zap, i sent you an excel file. Does it serve your purposes?

It works quite well! Thank you!

Can you please add the fishing docks i built to my stats?

Also +2 stability from fort?

A group of three elves stood on the beach, alongside two bodies of their race.

"These little barbarians, they are nothing more than uncivilized scum."

As he looked towards the sea, the elf adjusted his toga, still stained with the blood of his fallen comrades. His companion, Ellerin, the expedition leader, was still staring blankly at a ring she carried in her hands.

"Hold your tongue, Navari. Another tumult among the halflings, and I fear that we will not be so lucky this time," said a third elf, whose arm was wrapped in a linen cloth, stained due to a deep cut. "Moreover, those responsible for such cruelty and insolence have been duly punished," he completed.

Firmly holding the ring in her hands, the elf leader spoke with a calm and distant voice. "This small people will be of great use to us, my dear fellows. It is our duty to fulfill our mission to convert them to faith, and Alathari will do the rest." Attaching the ring to her necklace, she added:

"Their fate, as well as of all other races of the world, is to raise us to our rightful position. And when the time comes, their sins will not be forgotten. For now, get ready to leave, we have to carry the bodies of our friends home, where their martyrdom will be honored properly, and their ashes may rest in peace. But we will return, and in greater numbers. The little ones shall have their souls saved."

And then I will honor your sacrifice, she thought, lightly touching the ring.

Spoiler :
In writing you mentioned that there was one lynching, but in the stats I saw two losses, so I assumed that two preachers died.

Based on the excel sheet, here are the calculated incomes:

Please note that i did not try to model gold or mana income because i don't understand how they work.

Secaucus:
Food 750 (-whatever you are eating)
Wood 225
Stone 115
Metal 115

Receivers
Food 750 (-whatever you are eating)
Wood 293
Stone 202
Metal 169

Sarantinol

Food 885 (-whatever you are eating)
Wood 225
Stone 15
Metal 15

Denuo:
Food 997 (-whatever you are eating)
Wood 397
Stone 207
Metal 207

Shadowmist
Food 858 (-whatever you are eating)
Wood 395
Stone 205
Metal 205

Rathmark
Food 886 (-whatever you are eating)
Wood 395
Stone 15
Metal 355

Edhenyan
Food 886 (-whatever you are eating)
Wood 395
Stone 115
Metal 285

Vanir:
Food 798 (-whatever you are eating)
Wood 858
Stone 36
Metal 387

Outer Haven
Food 925 (-whatever you are eating)
Wood 434
Stone 205
Metal 115

Bear in mind that this is not the complete model. All of your stats will be fixed by the next update on December the 15th, so get those orders in and prepare your buttocks.

*New players, Thorn and Massive Attack: I will add you tomorrow so no worries there.

Here's what the new model looks like, for those interested in wanting to get a clear picture of what their income will be next turn:
Building income:
Farm: 150 > 150 > 150 > 150
Fishing Dock: 50 > 50 > 50 > 50
Quarry: 100 > 90 > 80 > 70 (mountain settlements provide +10%)
Mine: 100 > 90 > 80 > 70 (mountain settlements provide +10%)
Magus Laboratory: +5 Mana per. turn (+1 if elf)
Mana Refinery: +5 Mana per. turn (+1 if elf)
Populations = 0.5 currency per. citizen (ex. 500 pop produces 250 currency)

Traits/Traditions:
Mercantile = 25% increase (currency)
Industrialist = 25% increase (stone, metals, wood)
Magocracy = 25% incease (mana)
Industrious = +4 (stone, metals, wood) per. settlement (ex. 10 settlements equals +40 to stone, wood & metal income per settlement = 40*10 = 400 total)
*Mana, Currency and Food is not affected by industrialist tradition or industrious trait

Seasons:
Winter: -100% food income
Fall: +25% food income
Summer: No modifier
Spring: -25% food income

Settlement start-out income:
Player Capital = (pop currency income), +600 food, +100 wood, +25 stone, +25 metals
Village = (pop currency income), +25 food, +100 wood, +25 stone, +25 metals
Fort = (pop currency income), +0 food, +0 wood, +0 stone, +0 metals (50%/75%/100% maintenance reduction to forces garrisoned in it)
Mining Site = (pop currency income), +0 food, +0 wood, +31 stone, +31 metals (25% increase in metal/stone income but MUST be placed within 10km of any settlements. I can't stress this enough)
Camp = (pop currency income), +0 food, +0 wood, +0 stone, +0 metals

Though many the candles that lit the halls of the Temple of the Reaper in Duneo were unable to lift the vail of darkness that flowed throughout, the candles’ purpose came more a symbol of how live came to be overwhelmed by death in addition to ensure that the caretakers and visitors could see through the shadowy chambers. Incense flumed the halls as followers came to meditate, consult on matters of death and bring tokens as gift for the dead (food would be distributed to Duneo’s poor in the early evening). Small stone tables and chairs echoed the chambers, while in the main hall the central priest alter was laced with two large candles and a black leather copy of the Lioar Dhoo, the tome of Baasen teachings for death priests to head communions.

Among those who communed in these halls was a young woman in a dark blue hooded dress. Edith Cecil took a seat on a stone bench in the main hall, her stares focused on the black stone floor. As she waited for council with Mother Patton she placed her hands on her face in deep thought, her long and scruffy red hair touching over face onto her hand, covering her amber eyes. The young necromancer had uncertainty, of the dreams, of the Shadow in them…

“You are well my child?”

These questions to the young woman by the elder Caelan Patton, the death priestess of the temple, who was standing before her fellow necromancer in a pitch black hooded robe with white runic symbols of skeletons taking part in the Danse Macabre, the hood down to reveal short and neat silver hair on a head processing navy blue eyes and a rough nose.

“Mother Patton” spoke Edith to Caelan “I… hope not to…”

“My time is not troubled by yours, for it is that which ills you that ills me” said the death priestess. “What troubles you so?”

“I… have had dreams” spoke Edith “I am uncertain if they are just dreams or…”
“Visions?” spoke the death priestess.

“Yes” spoke Edith. “The dreams… they… I do not fully in nature… for I have memories of these possible visions but… shrouded they are and what is clear is a mystery in itself.”

“Hmm… you are either are having visions or you have been haunted by nightmares emergent from a trouble you face when awake” spoke Caelan. “It is likely these may require focus recounting. May we seek a more… private setting?”

“If you feel it wise” spoke Edith.

“Then follow me” replied the death priestess, gently towards the entrance to a corner hallway. Edith Cecil followed Caelan Patton closely in silence to a dark hallway, then into a dark little room which was lit by a solitary candle on an oaken table that had the company of two chairs on either side. Both women sat down at this table but not before Caelan Patton got a wooden goblet of cool water and gave to Edith Cecil, who drank from it gently. “Thank you” spoke Edith, looking into the eyes of the death priestess.

“Tis duty to ensure those of the Baasen way are clear in the focus” spoke Caelan. “Now… you seem to speak of a vision or dream that will require translation. Please, in your own time, recount what you can recount from what you saw as you slept. What was the nature of your dreams?”

“They were of confusion, of dark seemed highly and light seem like darkness” recalled Edith Cecil. “The dreams… it appeared the friendly shield that we necromancers know the shadows to be, blocking evil from reaching us, but this was… blighted darkness, as if it was infected by… I do not know but there were flashes, with two hawks bleeding as they struggled against each other, a snake that died from the venom in its own fangs, of the Shadow that emerged from the darkness that… it was like a being of light and darkness… then the bones that turned into ash and dust… and the pale boy draped in a golden cape who laughed maniacally from atop a mountain top. I… do understand what they are, if they are simply nightmares, some haunted visions or…”

“There are cases of vision, true, but the truth is still to be emergent at this stage” spoke Caelan Patton. “Have you been facing issues of great anxiety? Difficulties in meditation? Fears about the Pyramid? Accounts of ill?”

“I… am uncertain” spoke Edith Cecil. “The future appears blank before me; though I study and meditate I cannot focus and these dreams, these visions or nightmares, have been contributing to the blankness of my existence. I am… uncertain. I do… not know exactly…”

“There my child” spoke Caelan to Edith “I am here to heed what ills you have faced and to council you in these troubled matters. Returning to the dreams… to the illness that faced the darkness in your dreams, the figure of the Shadow, the vision of conflicting birds of prey, the self-poisoned snake and the laughing boy on the mountain… I am afraid this may not appear to be a simple case but given time and further recounting…”

“I understand” spoke Edith “I… will co-operate to find out…”

“Fear not” spoke Caelan “for I will heed you in assistance on these matters.”

“I… thank you” spoke Edith, drinking the last of the water from the goblet.

Top Bottom