The Cinemod

^:lol: Nice work. If only I had some of the creativity you other guys do...

You know, you mentioned some studios using certain units. National Geo using nature units or a Toon civ using the cartoon style units. While some units like those mentioned are already used, I'm certainly not averse to changing those things around to develop the bigger picture. I had to give a few units a reason to be there. But, if there were a more organic foundation for them, it would be better.

Mentioning technical aspects:
If anyone opens a flc to investigate, remember to uncheck the "merge identical frames into one" box.
This Disney 3-D Era leaderhead is made only with a filter vs. the frame by frame work of Pixar. Also, some of these, like Disney, are being shown in reverse to show the true movement.

Here are two new studios that will join the Cinemod in its next version.

Silent Movies Era
Spoiler :

Black and Whites Era
Spoiler :

Technicolor Era
Spoiler :

3-D Era
Spoiler :

If anyone wants a laugh and to see some nice classic animation, watch Disney's The Clock Store. I've included an alternate leaderhead as I'm not sure which will be used.

Really cool stuff, I do like the animations and movement of these. Huntington Beach is awesome, as are the rest.

Thanks for checking them out, tom2050. I'm sure when Balthasar puts his mind to that Huntington Beach, it will be one of the best frame-based leaderheads ever.

Getting a text_missing_foodtruck, then it CTD's. Any ideas oh Great Producer :)?

Getting a text_missing_foodtruck, then it CTD's. Any ideas oh Great Producer :)?

*Edited a few minutes later, but read this first before overwriting any files.

I just checked things out, when looking at the biq outside the scenarios folder, it looked corrupt. Though when I put the biq in the scenarios folder, all seemed well. I played both the random biq and the Cinemod map, building a food truck with no problems.

So, are you sure you have both the biqs and the Cinemod folder in the Drive:\CIVIII\Conquests\Scenarios folder? And then playing from the "Civ Content" button on the main screen? ( A common mistake might be putting them into the Drive:\CIVIII\Conquests\Conquests folder or playing through the "Conquests!" button.)

If that doesn't work, try the following new text files.

(First post here)
Well, congratulations for being the first person to ever report having an error. This is certainly one you shouldn't be having, as I've built many a food truck. Something probably got corrupted.

Here is the "Text" folder (find it nested inside) for 2.0. I would just copy this into your Cinemod folder overwriting existing files. Load up a save. If that still doesn't work, let me know and I will dig further down.

Attachment here.View attachment Cinemod 2.0 text files.rar

*Edited a few minutes later, but read this first before overwriting any files.

I just checked things out, when looking at the biq outside the scenarios folder, it looked corrupt. Though when I put the biq in the scenarios folder, all seemed well. I played both the random biq and the Cinemod map, building a food truck with no problems.

So, are you sure you have both the biqs and the Cinemod folder in the Drive:\CIVIII\Conquests\Scenarios folder? And then playing from the "Civ Content" button on the main screen? ( A common mistake might be putting them into the Drive:\CIVIII\Conquests\Conquests folder or playing through the "Conquests!" button.)

If that doesn't work, try the following new text files.

(First post here)
Well, congratulations for being the first person to ever report having an error. This is certainly one you shouldn't be having, as I've built many a food truck. Something probably got corrupted.

Here is the "Text" folder (find it nested inside) for 2.0. I would just copy this into your Cinemod folder overwriting existing files. Load up a save. If that still doesn't work, let me know and I will dig further down.

Attachment here.View attachment 342743

Yuppers, everything is in it's proper place. Because I had to unrar to DT, then move the folder to /scenarios, then take the biq fm the Cinimod folder and place it in the scenarios folder in order to get the mod to work.

Hmnn, I'd like to thank the Acadamy for giving me this prestigious 1st ever Error Award, without you, the fans, this would have never been possible :)

Ok, i'll give the attatchment a try, tyvm sir.

Yuppers, everything is in it's proper place.

Let's double check this.
You have a Cinemod folder. Spelled Cinemod not Cinimod. Full version. 2.0 downloaded from Atomic gamer.
That folder is now in your CIVIII\Conquests\Scenarios folder - At least that is how it is in XP.
You have two biqs, Cinemod 2.0 and Cinemod 2.0R, downloaded from the first post in this thread.
These two biqs are also now located in your CIVIII\Conquests\Scenarios folder.

If your things check okay with that then try the new text or re-download the biqs from the first page in this thread. I downloaded the 2.0R biq today and am playing it now. I have built many food trucks and have not had any other complication.

Good luck and if you still have problems, go ahead and tell us the status. Which biq are you trying and when does it crash.

Ok, everything up and running fine after that little patch. Forgot that using win7, I have to chk the XP compatability and run as Admin. Appreciate your help, didn't mean to cause you a panic :)

Wow Wuhjah! Just looking at the graphics posted in this thread this mod looks 1st rate! No B-movie here! Well done! This mod looks like it will go down as one of the all time greats in Civ III. :hatsoff:

May be you should change the text in the script-file to another year than 4000 B.C. On the other side: 4000 B.C. - this would explain a lot about United Artists. :D

Thanks, Gary Childress. I'm glad you like some of the work. I don't think it's all there yet, but have hopes it will be someday. I'm still, kind of, learning as I go.

I actually took quite a bit of time off playing this mod and now, as I'm playing again, I see there is a ton of graphical work still to be done (or redone.)

May be you should change the text in the script-file to another year than 4000 B.C.

Thank you for your advice, Civinator. I agree a more suitable time-frame should be established. I would like to add, since you included a picture from the story here, that the terrain used in the story is not the terrain in this mod.

*biq file from O.P. has been (temporarily) removed and will return in a short time.

Hi Russian Soviet. Thanks for your interest. In short, yes they could be. I suppose I will need a few days to double check some things and verify changes have also been made onto the original Cinemod map biq. (I recently only played the random map biq.)

:eek: I hadn't realized how much time had passed.

In my own defense, mixed with some play time, my civ time has also been spent on these.

Spoiler :

Both works in progress, but essentially are the reason I forgot to get the biqs set.

Check back in a few days if you'd like.

Post #6 on the first page has been updated with the Cinemod patch biqs.

You can go directly there with this link .

Detailed information about what is updated can be found there. Essentially, only corrections have been made and no new content has been added (aside from corrected flc files.)

If anyone finds any more problems or errors, feel free to post them up so that they may be fixed.

Here is the Black/white Firenze without his hideous lime green shadow. Though, I think I forgot some other unit with the same problem. Several units still fall out of their playing disc during the Silent Movies Era. Those corrections are not included in this patch, but will be fixed in future version.
Spoiler :

*The Lego terrain is also not included with the Cinemod.

:) Thank you guys for your interest in the Cinemod leaderheads.

But, no, I haven't made any new ones. Like many others, my civ time had been reduced this year and what is left has been spent on other projects or starting occasional games.

I do have a few I had made just sitting around, though I don't know if these will make it into the final cut. I'm just showing them for fun. They were my first attempts at making the frame based leaderheads.

20th Century Fox
Spoiler :

Lions Gate Films
Spoiler :

MGM
Spoiler :

The Cinemod isn't dead yet, and I do plan to get back to the leaderheads someday...

Recently, having tried playing myself, I found the units jumping out of their playing disc unbearable, thus making the game unplayable. I'm nearly finished correcting all of the original units/characters in the Cinemod.

Here are the unit line-ups by era. I welcome any suggestions for additions or replacements.

Silent Movies
Spoiler :

Black and Whites
Spoiler :

Technicolor
Spoiler :

3-D
Spoiler :

Things like that Stormtrooper being off-center, or falling out of the playing disc :hammer2: have all been adjusted.

In other related matters, here's a bit of what else I have been working on when time allows. I don't know if anything will come of it, but the idea of Lego and terrain still interests me.
Spoiler :

Blue Monkey, thanks for the suggestion. Your consideration, ideas, and support, since the beginning, are appreciated.

Top Bottom