The future of Fall from Heaven

So sorry to hear it. Would have been an awesome game I'm sure. It sounds very much like Fire Emblem which can't ever be a bad thing.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'll be crying myself to sleep in the shower with a bottle of gin and a packet of cookies tonight, thats for sure.

Sorry to hear the bad news. I got all excited about a standalone then 5 minutes later after hearing about it being so, I hear about it not being so anymore. :beer: Hear is hope that the chance will re-arise and will have better progression. I will definitely be excited about a FFH mod on ciV too though.

Honestly, the description sounds like Final Fantasy Tactics. Control characters in tactical battles, level them up, get better gear between battles, etc.

Really wish there was more games like FFT. :(

--

May you have good fortune in your future endeavours, Kael & co.

:(

Master of Magic was my favorite game until FfH2 came along.

Good look Kael with whatever new project you're doing!

Well, at least there's going to be Civ5 to console me.

There's always Fallout: Tactics. Not a brilliant game overall, but they got the Tactical side of it pretty much perfect.

Hey, lets make an FFH mode for either FT or FFT!

Or perhaps Battle for Wesnoth, thats got the whole 'tactical level up battle' thingy going on.

Sorry to hear that - but it is better this way than the Hellgate-London way.

Greetings & Liking the game:

Makarius

Another "that sucks' comments. (It's always bad to hear about something like this failing.) Good luck with future projects. Like many people, I'll be watching to see if anything new comes up related to Fall from Heaven.

Too bad, I was quite interested in seeing the result.
Anyway, at least you own your design document and shelved doesn't mean shreddered. Opportunities will come.

I'm sorry about this, but I wish you good luck in anything you decide to do in the future.

It is a shame that the budget fell through. To be honest, even though the project did not work out, there is still a lot of positive news in here. 1) You have a design document. 2) The FfH Team is working together still. You were willing to keep the people that made FfH2 great from fan mod to professional game, and that is great news. 3) Kael's official stance of "I like my current job and don't want to change it" has now been changed to "Actively pursuing FfH3". That, in my mind, is the best news of all. :D

I am only familiar with one other game that runs on player donations to continue creating a game, and that is Dwarf Fortress. They make around $2k to $3k a month. I am not sure how much funding a team would need to create the project Kael has in mind, but I would gladly help pay.

Regardless of what happens, I hope FfH3 happens.

Also, I can't help but notice that this is happening at around the same time Stardock announced the closer of their newly planned second games division. Are these related?

Also, I can't help but notice that this is happening at around the same time Stardock announced the closer of their newly planned second games division. Are these related?
Brad confessed that it looks like he bit off way more than they could chew, which in combination with a severe case of tunnel vision in the last half year of development led to a desastrous game launch. He decided to put all the resources of his gaming division towards fixing that mess, which meant not enough money for a second team. Stardock is financially independend, so no case of external funding drying up.

I'm sorry about the project dying. I was really interested in seeing what it was.

I am sorry to hear this.

If there's desire in you to finish up FfH2 you could fix the OOS's to make it the multiplayer fantasy TBS of choice for a long time to come and spice up the Armageddon as the event descriptions and how the world is actually affected tend to be way off and there needs be a set special armageddon events that become more usual and severe as the AC hits 100 and afterwards, to the point where the sun dies (universal severe health penalty or smth, a change in the world lighting, might not have to last infinitely), seas boil (tiles become unusable), vulcanoes spit our terrific elemental monsters and firestorms, coastal cities submerge, earthquakes destroy all kinds of cities with not enough population, mountains rise and fall, demonic creatures spawn all around. I'd suddenly find Armageddon a lot more intense than first having all my units go berserk and run off and then die off a few turns later in the Apocalypse and just start building a new army. Also, at AC 100 hell terrain should eat away the good nations too.

edit: also the naval AI

Bummer that stand-alone FfH will not proceed forward at this time. I guess I will be getting CiV if there is going to be a mod with Kael's name associated with it. Kael, any chance FfH2 will be cleaned up, finalized, whatever?

Dwarf Fortress. They make around $2k to $3k a month.
Which is probably enough to pay for one full-time developper if you hire one in 'cheap' countries, hoping to find one with decent English skills (India f.e.). However, you won't get any graphics done with such an amount of money (indeed Dwarf Fortress is not graphics-intensive :D ).

Top Bottom