The Giant WW1 Thread

Hi Wyrm !
I have started wondering myself why you make a complete WW1 set:goodjob: without any Army Units in it. It would be good to have one (generic) or even some.
Maybe one that shows a smart officer witch use his binocular in the attack ?

Bye
General 666

Wyrm, whilst I'm stuck in ancient times as far as modding goes, even an Ancient Briton like myself can't fail to recognise how utterly brilliant these units are. Hats off to you, mate, you set the standard for industrial/modern units and continually raise the bar :).

Hi Wyrm !
I have started wondering myself why you make a complete WW1 set:goodjob: without any Army Units in it. It would be good to have one (generic) or even some.
Maybe one that shows a smart officer witch use his binocular in the attack ?

Bye
General 666

You know, Sherlock Holmes had this thing about clues staring one in the face ...

Try clicking the very first link in the very first post of this very thread ...

And, while you're at it, try the 2nd link too ;)

Have Fun,

Oz

I rather like to give bullet points on my reasons.
1. It's hard to do. Infact I don't even know if the army pallettes that I make even work correctly within the game since I have not modded or added units to a game in over 5 years. Also they don't use my standard infantry animations so I can't just cut&paste.
2. If I made one, I have to make a unit for every country because someone will always complain that there's were left out.
3. If you absolutely need a different general, use Navydawg's unit.
4. Is it really worth the trouble of making different armies for different civs when you modd?

As I was making the steamtank, I noticed I misspelled a few things in the K-wagen .INI file.
Make sure everything has a .flc ending and the .wav file spellings match the actual wave files.

Wyrmshadow, it seems that most of the Infantry units that use InfantryDeath.wav file have a single space behind the name but the config doesn't have it so the game can't find the sound file.

BTW: that K-wagen is a beast!

I rather like to give bullet points on my reasons.
1. It's hard to do. Infact I don't even know if the army pallettes that I make even work correctly within the game since I have not modded or added units to a game in over 5 years. Also they don't use my standard infantry animations so I can't just cut&paste.
2. If I made one, I have to make a unit for every country because someone will always complain that there's were left out.
3. If you absolutely need a different general, use Navydawg's unit.
4. Is it really worth the trouble of making different armies for different civs when you modd?

1. I can try this out ,if you wish.
2. Yeah ,I fear too that it would happen.
3. That`s just what I do.
4. No.

Everybody:
Yesterday I have found out that Wyrm has `secretly` upgraded two units with sounds.
So check out this ; Mark1 Tank
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4772
and this ; Mark4 Tank
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4773

Bye
General 666

Wyrmshadow, it seems that most of the Infantry units that use InfantryDeath.wav file have a single space behind the name but the config doesn't have it so the game can't find the sound file.

That's been mentioned on the older Infantry threads. We still don't know what the exact problem is.

The problem is, on some versions (including complete, I think), Firaxis has named the file "InfantryDeath .wav" (note the space). It also happens with some other sounds ("SwordsmanFortify .wav" springs to mind).

In fact, I think all versions have this file, but some versions also have the "normal" file, too.

Been almost 2 months since I updated. Check the first page for 18 new bombers.

Excellent! These planes are beautiful, it's hard to imagine that there were nearly ZERO ww1 units before you started to work. Thank you!

And congratulations to your 1800. unit!

Been almost 2 months since I updated. Check the first page for 18 new bombers.

18 ... new ...bombers ... :eek:

And those triplanes are a special delight (takes me back to the early '60s, hokey film, "Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines" which really got me into the early birds of flight).

Thank You :thumbsup: ,

Oz

18 ... new ...bombers ... :eek:

And those triplanes are a special delight (takes me back to the early '60s, hokey film, "Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines" which really got me into the early birds of flight).
Oz

I remember that movie.. it had Benny Hill in it.

Top Bottom