• Its a good scenario

Votes: 119 24.8%
  • Its ok

Votes: 40 8.3%
  • I dont like it

Votes: 58 12.1%

• Total voters
Chalk up a 3rd!

I definitely care too! Actually, I care more about an updated MP version, but since it is based off of TGW, I care! Anyways, patiently awaiting the next release...

BK

BkGreatWarnut said:
Chalk up a 3rd!

I definitely care too! Actually, I care more about an updated MP version, but since it is based off of TGW, I care! Anyways, patiently awaiting the next release...

BK

BK,

I am glad to hear that.

I will start to work on the Multiplayer version as soon as WW2-Global
have been completed.

Rocoteh

Download TGW-DIV 1.4:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1694069#post1694069

Hi everyone,

I have recenly tested TGW scenarios and i think its a great job. However, I found some bugs comparing to basic TGW 2.0 scenario.

There are many incorrect civilopedia links for units, therefore it is impossible to get info about the real unit strength and shield cost ("SC"):

1) "Alliance machne guns" On-map units have SC=180, but units to produce are called "German Machine Guns", their SC in civilopedia = 180, but city with 63 shields can produre such unit in 2 turns (in scenario editor SC=110)?

2) German A & R infantry (city view) have the same civilopedia entry with SC=130. However, existing "R" unit have correct civilopedia link.

3) Kavalerie division has diffirent parameters as a unit and in civilopedia

4) The worst thing is artillery: 210mm, siege & coastal. 210mm and siege have diffirent params in each TGW version, and also in civilopedia.

5) I don't what it is the sense of counterbattery artillery. I has only 5 pts firepower and range = 1 and shield cost more than 210mm?

6) Garrison unit has cost=240 and params 1/4/1. What is the reason for creating such a unit?

7) Fortress div is weaker but more costly than German A infantry

Does anybody have such problem with this scenario?

Highlander,

I have no time to allocate to the Civilopedia.

On Counterbattery artillery.
Its lethal!

On Garrison units and Fortress divisions.

This is to direct AI-production.
There are such aspects also.

Have you played TGW-DIV or TGW-DIV Fast more than 2 or 3 turns?
Anyway there seems to be many cons, so my advise is that
you return to TGW-BRI.

Post what you want, but your post is in my opinion:
nit-picking.

Edit: To me it seems that your reason for register at CFC today
was to deliver this post!
OK, I will abstain from more comments.

Rocoteh

Download TGW-DIV 1.4:

Rocoteh,

As is said at the beginning, I'm really impressed by the TGW scenarios and the your work. I didn't mind anything. TGW-BRI civilopedia was correct, so I thought I've installed the TGW-DIV in wrong way - thats why I presented those bug-looking examples.

Of course I had to register to deliver a post - anonymous guest are not allowed, how else could I confront my TGW doubts (or if you prefer "nit-pickings")?

About your answers:
Civilopedia - ok.
Garrison/Fortress - if its for AI, ok.
I played TGW-BRI few times to 30-60 turns, TGW-DIV - only one turn.
I wouldn't like to return to TGW-BRI because I strongly support the unit changes made in this version: artillery range reduced to 1 (no more London bombardments from France territory), cavalry speed to 2, or introducing "A", "R" and landwehr type of infantry divisions. Map area reduction and making units more defensive was also a good idea.

Bye,
Highlander

Highlander,

Just one thing about the machine gunners... I don't know this as a fact, but I believe that there reason for two different types of machine gunners is to represent a real life fact. The Germans could produce machine guns far quicker and more easily than the rest of their allies. The shield difference is on purpose. German Machine Gunners are suppose to, for historical reasons, be cheaper than Alliance Machine.

Just wanted to help you understand that...

BK

Hi lads,

just installed the scenario

but i have the following problem:

I translated it from German, so don't mind a few mistakes, i hope you understand.

Load Error

Error while reading Text of ...

Mising File (Post?) in "text\pedialcons.txt.ANIMNAME_PRTO_TE"

I have Conquests, the current version (1.22)

and installed all in the right place!

What else could it be?

Thanks!

I hope you can help me! I am really looking forward to play this Scenario!

Larkin said:
Hi lads,

just installed the scenario

but i have the following problem:

I translated it from German, so don't mind a few mistakes, i hope you understand.

Load Error

Error while reading Text of ...

Mising File (Post?) in "text\pedialcons.txt.ANIMNAME_PRTO_TE"

I have Conquests, the current version (1.22)

and installed all in the right place!

What else could it be?

Thanks!

I hope you can help me! I am really looking forward to play this Scenario!

Larkin,

I think this will work:

Right-click on the zip you have downloaded.
Choose Explore (or the German word for that).
Copy the Folder and then paste into the scenarios-folder in Conquest.

I hope the scenario now will load.

Rocoteh

ok, no i am copying the files,

it takes a while! I hope it will work!

Rocoteh thanks a lot!!!!!!

ok i've done that,

but the problem remain,

anything else i can try?

Thanks a Lot! For your Help!

i have tried another scenario, the warhammer, and there they told me to use a program which rewrite the unit names, from german to english.

Now the Warhammer Scenario works.

But the two scenarios, GreatWar, Barbarossa, do not work.

Perhaps, someone can help!

Rocoteh, i am looking forward to play your scenarios, thanks for your gracious help!

Larkin said:
i have tried another scenario, the warhammer, and there they told me to use a program which rewrite the unit names, from german to english.

Now the Warhammer Scenario works.

But the two scenarios, GreatWar, Barbarossa, do not work.

Perhaps, someone can help!

Rocoteh, i am looking forward to play your scenarios, thanks for your gracious help!

Larkin,

I see.

Maybe someone else with a German version of C3C can help
to solve this problem?

Rocoteh

It is good that you shortened the cavalry movement. With 3 movement in 1.3 I still took out all of Belgium and the 2 French northwestern cities on the first turn -- with a little luck.

I last was playing Austria-Hungary and getting stomped. With enemies on 80% of my boarders it was just too tough. In real life Austria needed a lot of German help but I just could not get my ally to come to my aid. Making Romania neutral will help. I still would like to play the Brits. They had the greatest number of options in the war. It always seemed too easy to take out German cities as Britain. Essen -- I think that was the one -- in particular. I play at the most difficult level setting.

Last game as Germany I had all of France except for Paris by week 1 of 1915. Paris had 25 French divisions in it so I was building up chlorine gas and artillery for the final assult.

I have little problem with this scenario. It somehow stops loading the scenario when I try to play it. i have tried to remove and install folders again but it didn't work. what now? I wanna so much to play this scenario...... :(

What do you mean by "stop loading"? Are you getting an error message or it is just the problem it didn't seem to make any progress in loading? If it is the latter...keep in mind that some scenarios take (depending on you CPU) very long to be loaded.Which version of TGW have you tried? There are versions with less units, called "division versions" especially for players with not-so-fast CPUs.

froglegs said:
It is good that you shortened the cavalry movement. With 3 movement in 1.3 I still took out all of Belgium and the 2 French northwestern cities on the first turn -- with a little luck.

I last was playing Austria-Hungary and getting stomped. With enemies on 80% of my boarders it was just too tough. In real life Austria needed a lot of German help but I just could not get my ally to come to my aid. Making Romania neutral will help. I still would like to play the Brits. They had the greatest number of options in the war. It always seemed too easy to take out German cities as Britain. Essen -- I think that was the one -- in particular. I play at the most difficult level setting.

Last game as Germany I had all of France except for Paris by week 1 of 1915. Paris had 25 French divisions in it so I was building up chlorine gas and artillery for the final assult.

froglegs,

Welcome back to the thread.

I hope you will find this version of TGW-DIV better
than the previous.

Rocoteh

andis-1 said:
I have little problem with this scenario. It somehow stops loading the scenario when I try to play it. i have tried to remove and install folders again but it didn't work. what now? I wanna so much to play this scenario...... :(

andis-1,

On 512 MB RAM, 1.2 Ghz Celeron it will take about
20 minutes to load TGW-DIV.

Rocoteh

Download TGW-DIV 1.4:

Top Bottom