1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Great War

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Sarevok, Jan 25, 2004.

?

What do you think of this scenario?

1. Its Great! one of the best out there!

257 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. Its a good scenario

119 vote(s)
    25.1%
  3. Its ok

40 vote(s)
    8.4%
  4. I dont like it

58 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

Just what it says, the pediacon is missing for the engineer. This could mean it has no entry or that there is a finger check and it is not spelled correctly. I played this awhile back, so there should be a post about this entry on how to correct it.

Check the units folder for Engineer and see how it is spelled and make an entry in the pediacon for the missing one or match the spelling.

2. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

This error also happens, if you try to play this scenario on a non-English localization of Civ3. (This is because of the brain-dead way Firaxis translated even the file names of resources, animations etc into other languages, when localizing the game... :()
    There are ways to fix it, but it is probably less effort, if you just go to eBay and buy an English version of C3C... (That's what I did after spending hours adjusting The Great War, the SGOTM mod, the Pirates scenario and the Hinge Of Fate WW II scenario to my German C3C installation...)

3. steffenopolis

steffenopolis Chieftain

Ill have to check the spelling I guess. I have an English version, so who knows what the mistake is.

4. steffenopolis

steffenopolis Chieftain

Im not sure if its a glitch. The engineer is listed in the pedia icons but I cant find it listed in the art file. Maybe deleting the file it will work. Only one way to find out.

5. steffenopolis

steffenopolis Chieftain

I have been playing a great deal of this game and loving it. The only thing I don't understand is I can't build roads/rail through the mountains. Would be great if There were mountain troops that could fight in mountains.

6. Michael484

Michael484 Chieftain

why are all the mods for conquest there are amlost none for Civ3 or PTW

7. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I would like to necro this thread on 100 anniversary of the Great War. If someone still wants to play this and is having problem with downloading here is the working link for .biq file

https://www.mediafire.com/?t6ybtsr18jce0rv

8. Korsar.T

Korsar.T Chieftain

Thank you very, very much for uploading the .biq file. I was so desperate to find it and I really rue it that I deleted all the mods and scenarios last year 'cause I thought I would never ever play it again...

BIG THANKS! (One of the nest scenarios in my opinion)

9. Potomacker

Potomacker Chieftain

I've been replaying this Great Wat scenario and I've encountered a glitch. My workers, regardless of role, are unable to 'clear damage'. The option is missing from the buttons and the hot key shift+D also doesn't work. I notice that the nonplayers' workers can clear damage.
    Does anybody know how to rectify this annoyance?
    I thank any help in advance.
    -Potomacker :thanx:

10. mspeers

mspeers Chieftain

Does anyone have the biq with the full version? Like all of the independent countries instead of just neutrals, full units, etc.

11. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Civ3 Modding Archivist

Ditto that: it's one that was irretrievably lost from the Archive's destruction.

12. mspeers

mspeers Chieftain

AIs always seem to have the uncanny ability to do things the player cannot. For whatever reason, the clear damage worker action is on the last technology, WW1 Experience. I ended up changing it in the map/scenario editor, it was very frustrating.

In my game I already was playing, I ended up using a save editor to just give me the last tech so I could clear the huge amount of pollution and damage.

Lemme know if you need any help with changing it

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  13. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

I still happen to have the Scenario on my old Civ computer (it was the first one I downloaded, when I joined the forum in 2007... :old:)

So here is the .biq file.

Attached Files: