The Holy Roman Empire is neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. Discuss!

What do you think of HRE?

• It's great! I'm glad they finally got some respect!

Votes: 65 18.7%
  • Eh, it's ok. Not my first choice, but I don't mind.

Votes: 145 41.7%
  • I wish they had done a different Civ.

Votes: 89 25.6%
  • I hate it. I hate it. I hate it!

Votes: 49 14.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Landskecht. famous mercenaries all over Europe (and HRE for that matter) especially during the reinessance.

replaces pikeman, +100% vs. melee

It's great! the 2nd biggest European Empire made! I think it's great. I love the Music Units etc... and Leaderhead! 10/10 Firaxis

I agree with GIR, I detest the Renaissance era it';s boring and Ugly with all those quite detailed buildings then these clock tower things pop up everywhere!

Oh, god... You have opened pandora's box... I knew the welsh were planning something!

Why have you dug this up, now ever pole on this board is going to be tearing into to everyone. You have doomed us all...

I don't mind it being included but if you think about it, it’s like having the USSR and Russia in the same game or having the various individual Hellenistic states and then having Greece. The HRE was basically Medieval Germany.

If anything maybe Charlemagne should have been another leader to choose for Germany.

P.S. The Celts are the only Civ that represents a sub-race, I think it would have been more suitable to call them Gaul. But then again that could be represented by France :dunno:

P.S. again: vercingetorix(Organized and Charismatic) would have made a cool leader for the celts & or france.

P.S. The Celts are the only Civ that represents a sub-race, I think it would have been more suitable to call them Gaul. But then again that could be represented by France :dunno:
As the Celts are included in the game, I'd agree, but that's more a problem with the game than with the idea of a Celtic civ- as presented, the civ only covers the ancient Celts, with a heavy slant towards Romano-Gallic/Romano-British culture. They completely ignore post-Roman Celts, such as the Welsh or Bretons or those that were never Romanised, such as the Scots or Irish. So far, the only acknowledgment of those cultures is including the Dun UB. By including more Scottish, Irish and Welsh city names- some of which would actually be Celtic rather than a Latin, for a start- and non-ancient leaders, they could make the Celts genuinely representative of a culture which has survived, albeit in a fairly water-down form, to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom