• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The Lost Fleet: Game Thread

Hey,

Hailing... Commander Sanchez of the USS Temeraire

Captain Finnegan, Can you take the Hoona out to try to track down any other refugees that have been transported out of immediate range?

Orders received.

Action:
Offical: Proceed to maximum scaning range of the Fleets longest ranged suite. Run weapons and system checks. Scan for any wreckage and lifeforms.

Unoffical: Scan for heavenly bodies. If any found. Orbit and scan. Take about 20 hours for this unless recalled.

LFA01

To: Captain Sanchez

"I'm willing to let the scout ship handle it if that is what you want. I think you should talk to those civilians though, they seem like they need reassuring..."

OOC:

LOL at Kira Nerys dieing of a heart attack :lol:

Action Result: USS Prometheus

You get readings of possible supplies on board the wrecks. You also get faint life signs on one of the ships.
Actions:
Primary: Rescue the survivors -> Supplies can wait.
Secondary: Salvage the ships for supplies.

The USS Dave Bowman

Actions:
Primary: We are to make as big of a loop as possible without losing contact with the Temeraire and use our full sensors to detect any object of descent size or lifeform in close proximity.
Secondary: We are to look at our recordings and try to identify anything about the source and/or identity of the anomaly that transported us here.

The USS Leonidas

Actions:
Primary:
Assist the Temeraire with coordination of the Federation and civilian fleets. Whether meeting with civilians, providing medial aid, or shuttling, we aim to serve.
Secondary: Assist the Empress Hoona or Prometheus should they need assistance with rescue, salvage, or exploration efforts.

USS Nomad

Captain Aylor on board the Temeraire:
“At the moment, I would be uncomfortable arming the civilian ships. Without proper starfleet training I would worry about their misuse out of fear, but I would imagine that some civilians would see a weapons trained crew being added to their ships as an affront to any civilian government that should develop. On that note, I do agree with encouraging the civilian ships to form a new self-chosen government.
“I honestly think our first goal should be finding a suitable system that we can base our operations from. Second, we need to determine if this anomaly brought any threats with us. If it transferred all of our ships, I’m certain it could have done the same to the Borg.
“I will transmit a full roster once we tally up the names of the last few Bajorans and Humans we picked up before we were all transported here.
“That said, we were on a science mission prior to the Borg attacks so we have a good amount of capability in that area.”

Ship Actions (In order of priority):
  • Begin scanning nearby systems. Seeking the closest system to possibly have an M-class planet.
  • Begin forming star chart for our immediate vicinity.
  • Check for known historical and current distant phenomena (supernovas, quasars, other things seen at galaxial distances) to try and determine a date or rough time period based on our location.

Personnel Actions:
  • Adjust crew quarters to accommodate the civilians on board some level of privacy.

Captain Wode stood from his chair.

"Skon, open a channel on all frequencies. Begin broadcast."

To: Civilian Fleet

CC: Starfleet vessels

"This is Captain Willis Wode of the Federation vessel Constitution, in response to the Civilian inquiries. Captain Sanchez, if you're hearing this, I take full responsibility for breach of chain; these civilians need answers. We have been transported a distance from the planet Earth and the Mars colonies. However, as perhaps a saving grave, and so far as we have been able to tell, there seems to be no sign of the Borg anywhere near. As for the distance, the telemetry and astronomy are still being worked on, but we are at least within the Milky Way Galaxy. Probably. Constitution out."

Action:

Major:
Continue our patrols amongst the civilian fleets, at this time the fleet's main priority.
Minor:
1: Attempt once more to create a hydroponics bay, except this time have the emergency medical hologram download knowledge of plants, and have him advise/assist. Damn you Ensign Tollerman for killing all those plants! Why did you pour turpentine on them!

@eltain: I didgive them a speech, a few pages back. :p

USS Temeraire Actions:
Major: Coordinate The civilian and Military fleet, and scan the local space for anything significant, danger, etc. Beam the life signs from the wrecks, and organize away parties by a number of ships to scavenge what we can.
Minor: Begin conversion of all available space towards hydroponics farms to supplement the Replicators. Additionally, Begin reorganization of living space to accomodate as many extra people as possible, to alleviate overburden of other ships and future population growth.

Yes, but when he did our actions last they were asking what'sup.

Oh, oops. Missed that: Yeah, no breach of protocol, as far as I can tell.

Tambien, I don't know if you've done it, but I can't find the post with Ship- player list.

Hey,

OOC

EDIT

Sorry about this post. The titles mixed me up. Delete this Post.

As a Pre-threat to the Nes I want to ask. Does any one in the NES play Star Trek Online?

This is not a adver for the FTP game.

Blaze Injun
I don't. Don't honestly think my computer could handle it.

Oh, oops. Missed that: Yeah, no breach of protocol, as far as I can tell.

Tambien, I don't know if you've done it, but I can't find the post with Ship- player list.
I didn't. I didn't have time. Like I said, though. If everyone puts the name of their ship at the top of the post, the problem will be fixed!

• USS Dave Bowman (Sovereign Class-Heavy Battleship/Explorer):Captain James "Raja" Kahn - SouthernKing

• USS Temeraire (Galaxy Class-Battleship/Explorer):Captain Thomas Sanchez - thomas.berubeg

• USS Leonidas (Galaxy Class-Battleship/Explorer):Captain M'Yao - theDright

• USS Andromeda (Galaxy Class-Battleship/Explorer):Captain Jaylor Hausa - NPC

• USS Bellerophon (Prometheus Class-Heavy Cruiser):Captain Emmanuel Lombard - Dreadnought

• USS Nomad (Intrepid Class-Cruiser):Captain Nicholas Aylor - tuxedohamm

• USS Sahara (Intrepid Class-Cruiser):Captain J'Nahyo - NPC

• USS Prometheus (Intrepid Class-Cruiser):Captain Steven Cryka - Gem Hound

• USS Oceania (Luna Class-Cruiser):Commander Huan Jeryib - NPC

• USS Bukhara (Steamrunner Class-Light Cruiser):Captain Sariatra Emat - North King

• USS Constitution (Nova Class-Frigate/Surveyer):Captain Willis Wode - Eltain

• USS Gryphon (Centaur Class-Destroyer):Captain James Alexander - JoanK

• USS Unicorn (Centaur Class-Destroyer):Captain Torias Eldac - NPC

• USS Empress Hoona (Saber Class-Scout):Captain Floyd "Fox" Finnegan - Blaze Injun

• USS Nightingale (Olympic Class-Hospital Ship):Captain T'Kral - TerrisH

I think that is everything.

Hey,

Hailing... Commander Sanchez of the USS Temeraire

Captain Finnegan, Can you take the Hoona out to try to track down any other refugees that have been transported out of immediate range?

Orders received.

Action:
Offical: Proceed to maximum scaning range of the Fleets longest ranged suite. Run weapons and system checks. Scan for any wreckage and lifeforms.

Unoffical: Scan for heavenly bodies. If any found. Orbit and scan. Take about 20 hours for this unless recalled.

LFA01
Action Result: USS Empress Hoona

You generate a starmap (see above post), but find no objects other than the stars.

Actions:
Primary: Rescue the survivors -> Supplies can wait.
Secondary: Salvage the ships for supplies.
Action Result: USS Prometheus

You beam aboard 50 surviovors. They are in stasis pods, and your Chief Medical Officer tells you that they can probably be revived. You gain 30 units of replicator matter, and 12 units of medical supplies.

The USS Dave Bowman

Actions:
Primary: We are to make as big of a loop as possible without losing contact with the Temeraire and use our full sensors to detect any object of descent size or lifeform in close proximity.
Secondary: We are to look at our recordings and try to identify anything about the source and/or identity of the anomaly that transported us here.
Action Result: USS Dave Bowman

You find only the stars. There is a residual trace of the effect, though. Your science officer would require use of every sensor suite to gain more information.

The USS Leonidas

Actions:
Primary:
Assist the Temeraire with coordination of the Federation and civilian fleets. Whether meeting with civilians, providing medial aid, or shuttling, we aim to serve.
Secondary: Assist the Empress Hoona or Prometheus should they need assistance with rescue, salvage, or exploration efforts.
Action Result: USS Leonidas

Thankfully, there is little disease among the ships. You do manage to organize the civilian fleet under the command of the Cpatain of the Tom Sawyer. You spend 1 medical supply.

USS Nomad

Captain Aylor on board the Temeraire:
“At the moment, I would be uncomfortable arming the civilian ships. Without proper starfleet training I would worry about their misuse out of fear, but I would imagine that some civilians would see a weapons trained crew being added to their ships as an affront to any civilian government that should develop. On that note, I do agree with encouraging the civilian ships to form a new self-chosen government.
“I honestly think our first goal should be finding a suitable system that we can base our operations from. Second, we need to determine if this anomaly brought any threats with us. If it transferred all of our ships, I’m certain it could have done the same to the Borg.
“I will transmit a full roster once we tally up the names of the last few Bajorans and Humans we picked up before we were all transported here.
“That said, we were on a science mission prior to the Borg attacks so we have a good amount of capability in that area.”

Ship Actions (In order of priority):
  • Begin scanning nearby systems. Seeking the closest system to possibly have an M-class planet.
  • Begin forming star chart for our immediate vicinity.
  • Check for known historical and current distant phenomena (supernovas, quasars, other things seen at galaxial distances) to try and determine a date or rough time period based on our location.

Personnel Actions:
  • Adjust crew quarters to accommodate the civilians on board some level of privacy.
Action Result: USS Nomad

You find three likely possibilities (the orange/yellow stars). Based on observabale phenomenon in the Milky Way, you can tell you are in the same time period. However, your location reveals that you are in theLarge Magellanic Cloud, a sattelite galaxy of the Milky Way.

The personell arrangements go well, and everyone is comfortably accomadated.

Captain Wode stood from his chair.

"Skon, open a channel on all frequencies. Begin broadcast."

To: Civilian Fleet

CC: Starfleet vessels

"This is Captain Willis Wode of the Federation vessel Constitution, in response to the Civilian inquiries. Captain Sanchez, if you're hearing this, I take full responsibility for breach of chain; these civilians need answers. We have been transported a distance from the planet Earth and the Mars colonies. However, as perhaps a saving grave, and so far as we have been able to tell, there seems to be no sign of the Borg anywhere near. As for the distance, the telemetry and astronomy are still being worked on, but we are at least within the Milky Way Galaxy. Probably. Constitution out."

Action:

Major:
Continue our patrols amongst the civilian fleets, at this time the fleet's main priority.
Minor:
1: Attempt once more to create a hydroponics bay, except this time have the emergency medical hologram download knowledge of plants, and have him advise/assist. Damn you Ensign Tollerman for killing all those plants! Why did you pour turpentine on them!
Action Result: USSConstitution

The patrol is uneventful. Your hydroponics attemp goes well, with Ensign Tollerman out of the way the plants are growing beautifully.

To: USS Constitution

Lost? We have heard rumors that we are in fact within another galaxy? We are running out of replicator matter over here, sir. There are too many people. We need a place to set down, possibly settle.

@eltain: I didgive them a speech, a few pages back. :p

USS Temeraire Actions:
Major: Coordinate The civilian and Military fleet, and scan the local space for anything significant, danger, etc. Beam the life signs from the wrecks, and organize away parties by a number of ships to scavenge what we can.
Minor: Begin conversion of all available space towards hydroponics farms to supplement the Replicators. Additionally, Begin reorganization of living space to accomodate as many extra people as possible, to alleviate overburden of other ships and future population growth.
Action Reponse: USS Temeraire

You beam aboard 2 members of an unknown species, also in statis pods. They can be revived, but at considerable risk.

Your farms start out well, but their productivity is minimal.

The reorginization goes well, but you can only make so much space.

Week 2, Month 1

Nothing major has taken place, but the civilian populations that are in the civvie ships is too large for them. The civvies would not be able to make it home, even if there were supply stops along the way. What to do, what to do?

Major Action: Study the Stasis pods as extensivly as possible without damaging them. Revive the Inhabitants only if it is beleived that this can be done without killing them.
Minor Action: Begin moving Civilian surplus onto the Temeraire.

Top Bottom