The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 110 V 1hp motor for a hoist that I'd like to change over to 220 V. I've heard that this can be done but am worried for my motor and would like to know how it is done...

So basically the first one, but exaggerated and featuring Jim Carrey?

Without any over the top humor. Or, really, any humor at all. They weren't bad cop movies. Just more violent than they generally were before the over the top stunt extremism started.

I have a 110 V 1hp motor for a hoist that I'd like to change over to 220 V. I've heard that this can be done but am worried for my motor and would like to know how it is done...

If you aren't an electrical engineer, you'll probably burn it out. If you're willing to take that risk, stand by to pull the plug on it really fast and keep a fire extinguisher handy. And test it outdoors on pavement.

I don't think I'll take that approach, thanks though. :D

Define good :lol: If you like violence and action that predates stupidly extreme stunts filling the whole movie, and don't mind a bit of fascism, then they're fairly entertaining movies.

Sounds like they may be mildly entertaining for when I am in the mood for mindless action.

Anybody have tips for dealing with the final wave of ghosts in the Glory of the Dead quest in Skyrim?

FUS RO DAH! No, seriously, just knock em down.

What level are you? Are you bringing a follower? If not, you should - more targets. Liberal use of Shouts, Battle Cry (if Nord), Beast RAWR (if werewolf), Fear spells, etc should help break up any crowds and give you more time to deal with individual enemies.

I'm sad to say I don't really remember it being that difficult for my Nord warrior - only took the one attempt - but he was in his 20s and pretty durable, being a plate tank guy with a big knife who hit things really hard.

If all else fails, you can always turn down the difficulty for that one battle (or during the battle if it starts to go south).

FUS RO DAH! No, seriously, just knock em down.

What level are you? Are you bringing a follower? If not, you should - more targets. Liberal use of Shouts, Battle Cry (if Nord), Beast RAWR (if werewolf), Fear spells, etc should help break up any crowds and give you more time to deal with individual enemies.

I'm sad to say I don't really remember it being that difficult for my Nord warrior - only took the one attempt - but he was in his 20s and pretty durable, being a plate tank guy with a big knife who hit things really hard.

If all else fails, you can always turn down the difficulty for that one battle (or during the battle if it starts to go south).

Yeah, I was level 15 at the time. I did manage to finish it by summoning a flame atronach in the main room and backing into a narrow corridor so I only had to face one or two ghosts at a time.

Also, it's SuperJay! :woohoo:

Yeah, I was level 15 at the time. I did manage to finish it by summoning a flame atronach in the main room and backing into a narrow corridor so I only had to face one or two ghosts at a time.

Also, it's SuperJay! :woohoo:

Nice, glad to hear you got er done. Yeah, at level 15 it might be a lot more challenging than it was as a level 26. :lol: I do remember a biggish swarm at the end, but I had backup and lots of shouting going on, what with the reduced cooldown. (Thanks Talos!)

I actually shelved my Nord warrior for a bit and have been leveling a dunmer archer/assassin for awhile. She's six different kinds of awesome, I'll take one-shotting with stealth archery over clunky 2H melee combat anyday. :goodjob:

And yep, it's me, or at least it was. See you in a few months! :wavey:

Is it true that you can trip a circuit breaker if you plug too much into one outlet? (If so, I will get an extension cord and plug in my second power-strip to another outlet).

Yes, any one circuit can only handle so much current flowing at one time. Get a heavy duty extension cord if you're going to plug a lot into it.

Is it true that you can trip a circuit breaker if you plug too much into one outlet? (If so, I will get an extension cord and plug in my second power-strip to another outlet).

Absolutely. A space heater + vacuum or space heater + microwave trips my circuits all the time :c

My mom won't let me put up a new calendar until midnight because it's "bad luck."

Is this a common superstition, or is it just her (like her refusal to drive a red car)?

I've already put up my 2012 calendar. Nothing has happened to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom