The many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: I found the setting that changes this now.

After doing some partian enlarging this problem came up somewhat randomly. When I move or re-size a window, I get the border moving instead of visually showing the window moving. Does anyone know how to turn this off? It is rather annoying.
Spoiler :

If you place a Spanish, Portuguese and Brazilian diplomat in the same room and they needed to negotiate a treaty of great importance to a very fine detail with all the legal mumbo jumbo, how many translators are required, assuming that each translator knows only a max of two languages, for them to work the details without any language barrier?

If you place a Spanish, Portuguese and Brazilian diplomat in the same room and they needed to negotiate a treaty of great importance to a very fine detail with all the legal mumbo jumbo, how many translators are required, assuming that each translator knows only a max of two languages, for them to work the details without any language barrier?

I was under the impression that those languages were all very similar.

Portugese and Brazilian are rather similar, but I have been assured by Portugese and Brazilian exchange students that due to dialect differences they can be very difficult to understand by others who aren't used to that dialect.

There are more differences, and some words can sound very similar but actually be very different.

There are also various Brazilian dialects - Someone from the South will understand Portuguese and Spanish people better than someone from the North, for example.

As Portuguese and Brazilian dialects are dialects of the same language, you would need one translator from Southern Brazil or Uruguay to understand everyone.

Two. 5 char

There are more differences, and some words can sound very similar but actually be very different.

There are also various Brazilian dialects - Someone from the South will understand Portuguese and Spanish people better than someone from the North, for example.

As Portuguese and Brazilian dialects are dialects of the same language, you would need one translator from Southern Brazil or Uruguay to understand everyone.

So I take it that Portuguese and Spanish are similar enough as well?

I didn't hang up a calendar and things went to hell. I think it might be alcohol related more than superstition.

On a related note what do you do if you meet a girl that lives nearly two hours from your house. I would love to move to that part of town but I can't move after a girl I recently met.

I noticed that certain publications like to CAPS PEOPLES NAMES THE FIRST TIME THEY APPEAR IN AN ARTICLE. Is there a reason behind this?

The odd thing is it happens even if the person is only mentioned in passing (I mean only once, not that they're dead)

The odd thing is it happens even if the person is only mentioned in passing (I mean only once, not that they're dead)

It's to make scanning for a referenced person easier. Before control-F life was a complete pain in the arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom