The new patch breaks savegames + new games don't work too (e.g. no city founding)

From the screenshots, it looks like he has 0 happiness coming from 'social policies' (as shown in the happiness tooltip), despite having the 'police state' policy.

And despite all the other unlocked policies. There should be happiness from Liberty and Honor policy trees too. For example I should of got happiness from units garrisonned in cities etc, but I didn't.

Cannt click on my units, cannot access them through hot keys, cannot access any drop down menus, cannot access civilopedia, cannot access help menu. What I can do is hover over terrain and see its information (such as copper has been added as a new resource). I can access only the 'menu' menu but when I try to return to main menu or windows I am given the infinite spinning cursor globe and can only escape through task manager. One odd thing is that the game begins with the blue bar over the world map already reading Next Turn, but clicking on it accomplishes nothing. Here's what I have tried, 1. Verifying game cache- to no avail. 2. Reducing all of my audio/video options to the minimum- with no result. 3. Disabling the Expansion Pack DLC- still having the same problem... So basically, not only can I not play the new material, but now I cannot play Civ5 at all:mad::mad::mad:

Moderator Action: Merged with the thread about this issue in tech support.

Civ5, and now G&K, have always done that to me the first game of any particular session (ie when I boot up the computer and start the program). I just wait a couple on minutes, and the "hang" goes away. I usually start with a duel map to minimize the delay, then go back to Advanced Setup to start my real game.

I just started a new game of Civ 5, but to my dismay I am unable to select either of the starting two units, and I'm unable to click the "Next turn" button. From what I understand, this is a result of the new patch, because prior to the patch the game ran perfectly.

I'm running version 1.0.1.674

[UPDATE]

I just reinstalled the game, and the problem is still there. Will we have to wait for a patch?

i have to say, i'm in the "shoot them" camp. this patch should NEVER have seen the light of day.

i have a dell alienware laptop, specs:

i7, 8 cores, 2670QM, 2.2ghz
8 gigs ram
750gig HD
nvidia GT 555m 3gigs

my machine used to rock civ. this patch SLAUGHTERS it. slow beyond words, can't focus or click on units, unresponsive, says the turn is over when it isn't, units forget movement commands, and on and on... time between turns is EXCRUCIATING. and of course, all saved games ruined and unplayable.

i have the game of the year edition, plus i DL'd korea and wonders DLC right before this patch came out.

i haven't tried the =0 fix yet, but making civ think my computer has one core instead of 8, while probably a plausible workaround, is hardly a desirable one.

all my drivers are updated. (and btw, i have the intel / nvidia hybrid graphics. the nvidia drivers are from their website, 15 May 12)

someone should lose a job over this. it really makes them look bad. i don't blame the devs, i blame some idiot in management who probably wanted this out right before GnK.

LAME and SHAME on you civ! clean up your act!

Try disabling the gamecore threading. This simply makes the game run as it was before the patch. Unfortunately, this is not something that we have reproduced in QA, but we are working on a more permanent fix now.

Let me know if the change helps in your situation. Thanks!

i have to say, i'm in the "shoot them" camp. this patch should NEVER have seen the light of day.

i have a dell alienware laptop, specs:

i7, 8 cores, 2670QM, 2.2ghz
8 gigs ram
750gig HD
nvidia GT 555m 3gigs

my machine used to rock civ. this patch SLAUGHTERS it. slow beyond words, can't focus or click on units, unresponsive, says the turn is over when it isn't, units forget movement commands, and on and on... time between turns is EXCRUCIATING. and of course, all saved games ruined and unplayable.

i have the game of the year edition, plus i DL'd korea and wonders DLC right before this patch came out.

i haven't tried the =0 fix yet, but making civ think my computer has one core instead of 8, while probably a plausible workaround, is hardly a desirable one.

all my drivers are updated. (and btw, i have the intel / nvidia hybrid graphics. the nvidia drivers are from their website, 15 May 12)

someone should lose a job over this. it really makes them look bad. i don't blame the devs, i blame some idiot in management who probably wanted this out right before GnK.

LAME and SHAME on you civ! clean up your act!

I just bought God and Kings from Steam. I took a new game and selected settings. When game starts the playing screen comes as hoped. Problem is that I can't activate units or move them or anything. Game menus are working, but economy overview and others are not working. Mouse controls seems to work. For example if I drag right mouse button, it looks like I could move my settlers, but when I release the button, nothing happens. Also I tried do things with keyboard, but nothing happens.

I tried that many times. And previously I have had no problems with Civ5.

Screenshot:

Attachments

• civ5.jpg
    civ5.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 390
I was playing on my Toshiba Satellite T115D. It has a ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics Video Card. My OS is W7 / SP 1. I installed G&K and now I cannot play the game anymore. The game stars OK, I can choose my civ, etc. When the introduction of my leader ends and real game stars I cannot move my units because their info don't appear in the botton-left corner. This is a screenshot.

CivV.jpg

Do anyone know how to fix that? I uninstalled and then install the game again but I got the same result.

I disabled the DLC G&K and the same thing happen to the vanilla Civ V... :sad:

It works. Thank you a lot. :goodjob:

Top Bottom