The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

If they prove sturdy and you can put harnesses on them, such animals would change the odds in Inka vs. Conquerors.

Siege Llama units should get a hill attack bonus, and a basic strength of 12.

Don't know which thread this belongs in, but let me just say that I will absolutely never understand the deeper meaning behind how culture control of tiles works in this game :lol:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 07-07-19 at 12.25 AM.JPG
    Screen Shot 07-07-19 at 12.25 AM.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 718
It prioritises tiles by path distance. So the tile closer as the plane flies is actually further away.

Ok Leoreth, I'm going to take this as a challenge - can you explain this as well? :crazyeye:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 07-07-19 at 12.25 AM 001.JPG
    Screen Shot 07-07-19 at 12.25 AM 001.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 747
Finally Spanish put their Tercios to a good use! Talk about no Protestants in Europe! (But Dutch will spawn soon).

Got the conqueror event against England, somehow met Spain as well. They had Poland as a vassal, I traded a map and saw that Spain had half of Europe conquered! I world-builded to get a full pic. :eek:
That stuff happens regularly. It just depends with whom the Spanish get along so that they have open borders to invade. They often conquer one (or even two) of the following: France, Italy, Germany. If they get along with all of those nations, however, I often see them with at least one city in Poland, Russia, Scandinavia or the Balkans.

Got the conqueror event against England, somehow met Spain as well. They had Poland as a vassal, I traded a map and saw that Spain had half of Europe conquered! I world-builded to get a full pic. :eek:

Spoiler :

There's a conquerors event against England? Also, what unit are those lads in London? Is that from Varietas?

I just had an OMG moment myself.

1500. The reformation occured in Germany, and HRE, Spain, Inka and England turned Protestant. Italy, Poland France and Portugal remained Catholic.

No. War.

I was playing a game as America and some pretty crazy stuff happened:

Spoiler :

It all started when France declared war on me, bringing in my allies Germany and Great Britain. (Why does the AI do this??) I noticed that the Germans took two cities in France in one turn - the founding of a monster! :shifty:

Skip a few years down the line, and Bismarck is nuking independents just for fun??? By this point the Germans have a runaway science lead. :borg:

Italy does the same thing that France did... and declared war on me. They never learn! :undecide:

Bismarck's nuclear holocaust spreads to Turkey, he's just rampaging through everything (note the FOUR vassals!) :crazyeye:

All good things come to an end (this kind of sucks for America's third UHV though, since they were my ally)

I rolled back a turn just to check out how big they were, Bismarck went crazy :eek:

P.S. why does Australia have such good land? They should be another civ, like Canada or something. I mean, this is sort of ridiculous

I have NEVER seen AI France settle Lyon. That alone was surprising enough for me.
Also I don't think I've seen AIs develop the tiles of their faraway colonies like that.
That was probably possible due to the fact that there are no native spawns on Australia.

I don't know if this is the right place to put this but I edited together a wonderful video accompanying the replay of that super AI Germany:

A good candidate for the city swap debate. Also, I'm playing as the Inca it's almost 1700AD, no one has discovered me which is why I started poking around the WB. Iran came close but collapsed. The Dutch are one Colombian Uxmal away from finding me and the Spanish control the Philippines but have just started building their first caravel and galleon.

Spoiler :

OMG swap.png

BC3000 start, I presume? I expect Spain to wipe out France soon, the hammer output difference is too big.

Top Bottom