The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

This is probably the reason why 3000BC has a huge replay value. There's so much random things that happens that it becomes great to watch
Started as Argentina on 3KBCE, game loads almost 30 minutes later. It is the 1810s, and The Roman empire is still standing, along with its Babylonian Vassal.

I have no words...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0148.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0148.JPG
    287 KB · Views: 716
upload_2019-6-22_17-43-30.png

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1754 Turn 339.CivBeyondSwordSave
    854.6 KB · Views: 154
  • AutoSave_AD-1751 Turn 338.CivBeyondSwordSave
    847.8 KB · Views: 144
^^ Just a bug in CIv naming, not an OMG moment...

Not sure if this is a "look what happened" or a bug, but.. Austria declares war on Austria!

This is a known bug, and it happens when one of the involved civs (the declarer, I think) has had their short name changed via DCN, like Austria which is a rename of Holy Rome.

This is a known bug, and it happens when one of the involved civs (the declarer, I think) has had their short name changed via DCN, like Austria which is a rename of Holy Rome.

Thank you for explaining this! I have encountered this bug so many times but now I know why it happens, and it also happens to explain why I always see it happening to Austria and Britain too but few other civilisations, so thank you again!

Last edited:
This is my first post in this thread so apologies if it doesn't quite fit the brief! I recently saw the following two irregularities in the same game:

Spoiler Successful Tamils :
Successful Cholas0000.JPG

I have never seen an AI Tamil civilisation perform so well! They ended up collapsing a few turns later, but all things considered this is actually somewhat historical, albeit a tad late. They had Indonesia as a vassal state too, as the "Protectorate of Srivijaya" which is a dynamic name I had never seen before.

Spoiler Byzantine Kiev :
Byzantine Kiev0000.JPG

I don't know how common of an occurrence this is but personally I have never seen Kiev be taken by the Byzantine Empire before. Also, it would appear that Catholicism was founded in Cluj-Napoca in this timeline....

I added a new llama model which does have animations, but I didn't expect this.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0222.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0222.JPG
    412 KB · Views: 2,468
The new Godzilla movie looks great

Top Bottom