1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Jarlaxe Baenre

Jarlaxe Baenre Chieftain

I once got invaded by Argentina as Japan.

2. bluepotato

bluepotato Chieftain

I once got invaded by Japan as Greece (my empire was in Australia though). My cities were still defended by archers, so I was quite scared... until I saw that they only brought a bunch of bombards. No other units whatsoever.

1SDAN likes this.
  3. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Knoedel Imperator Satani Filius Augustus Nooborum

Yeah that's a common problem with AI naval invasions, they very often just fill their boats with exclusively Siege Weapons.

@Leoreth is there a quick and easy fix for this? Imo for naval invasions it makes more sense to completely forgo any siege whatsoever than what the AI usually does since you can use ships to bombard defenses away.

1SDAN likes this.
  4. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老仁

Babylonian revolt in turkish sur leaves the city in revolt for over 500 turns
    Spoiler :

DarkLunaPhantom likes this.
  5. migck

migck Señor de la guerra

When zooming in, instead of the turkish diplo music, you can hear Twisted Sister.

Imp. Knoedel likes this.
  6. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

That should be a bug report, with a save from before this is triggered if you have it.

Publicola and 1SDAN like this.
  7. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald 老仁

Didn't think to save, and I'm pretty sure I've lost the autosave from then, but I'll keep it in mind in the future

1SDAN and Leoreth like this.
  8. JHLee

JHLee Chieftain

Civ4ScreenShot0037.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0038.JPG
    Two free promotion events in a row! :eek:

I haven't researched Companies yet though, so I can't produce Pikemen.

Leoreth likes this.
  9. jorissimo

jorissimo Chieftain

So yeah, this... I was watching the replay of a Korea game when I suddenly saw a whole bunch of yellow over in Europe. At first I thought the area was split between Spain and Holy Rome, but couldn't discern a border. Then I opened world builder and it turned out that it all belonged to Spain! This was around 1525. This corresponds exactly to the time at which Charles V was emperor of the Holy Roman Empire and king of Spain (as Charles I). And in 1580 there will be a Netherlands declaring independence from Spain, just like in real history. The historical accuracy of this mod is insane at times.
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

Edit: added a real screenshot

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  10. TJDowling

TJDowling Chieftain

Yeah, I always find it very irksome when I'm playing as Germany, France or England aiming at the Scramble for Africa but Argentina, Colombia and Brazil have decided to suddenly become colonial powers outside of their own continent. That said, it's kind of neat. But then, why does America never behave that way. Always going after Canadian territory instead of initiating a colonial empire abroad?

1SDAN and Imp. Knoedel like this.
  11. DarkLunaPhantom

DarkLunaPhantom Chieftain Supporter

You should be able to find the screenshots you took in ...Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/ScreenShots.

Enyavar, jorissimo and Imp. Knoedel like this.
  12. Logoncal

Logoncal Chieftain

Funnier is when Brazil goes for places like Congo and Mozambique. Gotta keep the slave trade and slavery going i guess.

13. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

upload_2019-5-23_20-44-21.png

I just rolled this very interesting Phoenicia spawn.

jorissimo and Oblivionyx like this.
  14. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Explains why on Eurovision Greeks always vote for Cyprus, and Cypriots always vote for Greeks! :band:

1SDAN and Imp. Knoedel like this.
  15. Enyavar

Enyavar Chieftain

Well, for once the Greeks behaved correctly in the game.

On the island of Alashiya, the kingdoms were long under the influence of the Hittites, but after the Bronze Age Collapse around 1200 BCE, the same island came under heavy influence from Achaia, Mykenians and later Greeks. It was later disputed with Assyrians and Persians claiming to rule Cyprus; and the Phoenicians also had trading colonies there... but Cyprus had a dominant Greek culture until Rome came along.

(On the other hand, the Greek influence on the Ionian coast was pretty disputed for the same time, and when players settle Byzantion as the second city in 1600 BCE, this is a very unhistorical behaviour because it is a thousand years too early.)

16. Oblivionyx

Oblivionyx Chieftain

Interesting turn of events.
    Spoiler :
    Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG

DarkLunaPhantom and 1SDAN like this.
  17. bluepotato

bluepotato Chieftain

Santa Anna, leader of the Aztec Triple Alliance. In 1225 AD.
    Spoiler :

18. bluepotato

bluepotato Chieftain

Same game, more weird stuff: the Ottomans didn't conquer any cities in Anatolia. They started as usual but instead of attacking Constantinople or Ankara (shouldn't it flip by the way?), Mehmed decided to go for Jerusalem.
    Spoiler :

(Actually, I'm not sure if these belong in the bug reports thread or here so sorry if this isn't the right place)

19. Logoncal

Logoncal Chieftain

This is probably the reason why 3000BC has a huge replay value. There's so much random things that happens that it becomes great to watch

1SDAN, bluepotato and need my speed like this.
  20. bluepotato

bluepotato Chieftain

I have a feeling that my religious leaders have made a mistake while solving that puzzle...
    Spoiler :