The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

In one of my games Byzantines survived as world leader way into XX century as a communist republic of Rhomania.

20201110002618_1.jpg

I just played a game like that, too, although I was Japan so way far away from Byzantium (but they were the main tech leader/my rival for the tech lead during the 19th century instead of England!). They finally collapsed in the 1870s.

I wonder if the change in preferred civics has made the Byzantines AI significantly more effective.

I just played a game like that, too, although I was Japan so way far away from Byzantium (but they were the main tech leader/my rival for the tech lead during the 19th century instead of England!). They finally collapsed in the 1870s.

I wonder if the change in preferred civics has made the Byzantines AI significantly more effective.

Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a little while now - what preferred civic changes are you referring to?

This update I assume:
New update: adjusted leader favourite civics:
  • Saladin: Vassalage
  • San Martin: Nationhood
  • Vargas: Public Welfare
  • Justinian: Citizenship
  • Basil II: Monasticism
  • Trudeau: Multilateralism
  • Hiram: Merchant Trade
  • Hannibal: Republic
  • Bolivar: Revolutionism
  • Cleopatra: Redistribution
  • Nasser: Revolutionism
  • Ramesses: Deification
  • Elizabeth: Regulated Trade
  • Victoria: Colonialism
  • Charlemagne: Manorialism
  • Charles V: Clergy
  • Castilla: Individualism
  • Ashoka: Monasticism
  • Meiji: Secularism
  • Santa Anna: Centralism
  • Kublai Khan: Merchant Trade
  • Ibn Tughluq: Conquest
  • Mehmed: Conquest
  • Suleiman: Tolerance
  • Casimir: Manorialism
  • Ahoeitu: Deification
  • Afonso Henriques: Regulated Trade
- MacDonald has no preferred religion
- spawned units receive additional experience from civics, wonders, etc.
Interesting thought, we should keep an eye out for it.

It could be now, but this game was on a previous version, which makes it even more wierd, I suppose

I was pretty pissed when this happened.

Technically when Muslims arrived ("spawn") to North Africa and Spain it was already catholic/Christian to begin with, so perhaps its not so ahistorical...

In one of my games Byzantines survived as world leader way into XX century as a communist republic of Rhomania.
This looks so cool, mate! I never ever had a game like this...Almost makes me think how can I influence for this to happen.

Another cool thing is to see Zoroastrian Iran in XIX century. Usually they stay reliably Muslim, even if they have one last city with both Muslim and Zoroastrian faiths.

Early Chinese colony...

Attachments

• ChineseColony.JPG
    ChineseColony.JPG
    845.9 KB · Views: 250
Would you like to summarise?

Would you like to summarise?
Basically this guy reads primary sources from various historic figures. In this particular one it's a Chinese historian describing Byzantium. "This is brilliant, but China is still better" in short. On my comment on gleaning content from it, someone could make a project of grabbing place names so that this Chinese Constantinople is "Fulin", etc.

Yeah, I meant specifically summarise the place names mentioned in those videos.

Yeah, I meant specifically summarise the place names mentioned in those videos.
to sum it up basically from what I know outside the video the Chinese distinguished between the classical(daqin) and medieval(fulin) roman empires. Also both sides had very limited contact and information(Daqin was originally based on an account of Roman Syria not the greater empire and Seres is a land beyond the Indian ocean which was decently well known to the romans

I asked for the information given in the video (and other videos from this channel) that could be used to be incorporated into the mod.

I asked for the information given in the video (and other videos from this channel) that could be used to be incorporated into the mod.

From the video posted, Tributary State of Fu Lin and Tributary State of Po Si might be nice easter egg dynamic names for Byzantium/Persia as Chinese vassals.

I was playing as Mughal in India, when England got a conqueror event, and a stack of units and bombards appeared next to Mumbai and Chennai.

Too strong to resist, so i evacuated and left both cities undefended.
The fine strategy of AI in sieges consists in bombarding then attack.
With no garrison, AI cannot bombard :eek:

So after 10 turns...

Spoiler :

I paied, i saved my cities, and i got a new friend!

Attachments

• England in India0000.JPG
    England in India0000.JPG
    219.7 KB · Views: 625
  • England peace0000.JPG
    England peace0000.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 616
Top Bottom