The "OMG! Look what happened!" Thread

Russian language doesn't have the habit of adding its city postfixes to conquered cities.

I didn't know, but how is Mexico (the country) named in Russia(n)?

That name ending with -grad should be the renaming of Tenochtitlan in the case of a Russian conquest.

I didn't know, but how is Mexico (the country) named in Russia(n)?

Mexica (Meksika). It's feminine gender.

The capital is Mehico (Mehiko), sometimes "Mehico-city" (Mehiko-siti). That time, they've decided to more closely model the Spanish pronunciation of the "x" letter.

For some reason, Mongolia refused to comply with this resolution...

Didn't think it was possible for capitals to be transferred by AP/congress. :eek:

Attachments

• kharakhorum.jpg
    kharakhorum.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 483

Didn't think it was possible for capitals to be transferred by AP/congress. :eek:

It is, I've even once seen the dutch lose Amsterdam to an AP vote, France had conquered it earlier, and they then respawned - France then got the city back by an AP vote, eliminating the dutch again :crazyeye:

(Reported that as a bug, as a civ always should defy a resolution that would make the give up their only city - should probably be the same for capitals in general also, that that's an automatic "veto".)

Didn't think it was possible for capitals to be transferred by AP/congress.

Kharakorum isn't always the capital. Mongolia founds his capital on other sites sometimes, like Mörön or Ulaan-Ude.

This is from RFC MP new beta version on 600 AD start.

Yes, these cities are founded by Arabia and Khmer. Except Delhi.

Civ4ScreenShot0094.JPG

Yes, these cities are founded by Germany.

Civ4ScreenShot0095.JPG

If you haven't guessed it already: I played Japan.

Sometimes, yes. They sometimes settle real crappy with all cities really tight together.

Ok not so rhetorical in the end. I suppose one of those cities included their capital however.

Oh well, moving on. I saw Vikings capture Buenos Aires and the Inca for a change! RFC DoC. They also control one city in Mexico, Coyuca (2W 1N from Tenochtitlàn). It has a considerable amount of culture so the Aztec must have respawned recently. It's a little confusing why the west coast of Mexico wouldn't be in their spawn/core zone but it's not like it matters. (Don't mention blitzkrieg and Great Artists, AI can't do that. :crazyeye:)
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0145.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0145.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 997
I started a game as America, and apparently Mongolia likes the desert, also you cannot see: the Khmer Delhi.

Spoiler :

I have Babylon controlling all of Asia minor, the Holy lands, everything north of Mecca, and bordering right up to Sur. I never saw them so high up in their game. This was turn 130 as Carthage.

Kharakorum isn't always the capital. Mongolia founds his capital on other sites sometimes, like Mörön or Ulaan-Ude.
Kharakhorum was the capital in that game, and Beijing's culture had expanded my borders right up to the city.

Played a game as Arabia. Sent one camel archer to conquer all the independent cities west of Mecca, then south to conquer the independent African cities on the West coast of Africa. In the end, this one unit conquered 15 cities all by itself. :wow:

That is either very good luck or a lot of reloading (unless you're playing 3000BC where there are no pikemen and a lot of civs have collapsed).
On the other hand, I routinely use 1 camel archer to conquer everything from Sirajis to Pataliputra, because there are no pikemen there, and that's only doable for 600AD.

Playing Germany, I nearly panicked when I saw a message saying a barbarian horde was at my borders, since my military was busy taking over Greece. Then I saw where the horde was. :lol:

Attachments

• barbarianhorde.jpg
    barbarianhorde.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 473
Playing Germany, I nearly panicked when I saw a message saying a barbarian horde was at my borders, since my military was busy taking over Greece. Then I saw where the horde was.

LOL! They still can move across Finland and Russia towards you, but at least you can prepare.

Tip: Ask the Vikings to declare war on Barbarians. ;)

Because the Spanish had Holkans and Jaguars in real life. Oh yes.

Also, anyone else have England found a city in America in 1390AD?

Okay I don't want to join the "I saw that once too therefore you fail at life" brigade, but that happens all the time. They represent the Aztec vassals that allied themselves with the Conquistadors.

Top Bottom