The Powers that Be

Patch is delayed by looking at adding in new features. Thanks to a conversation with DOMAR, I'm considering adding a few new types of luxury/bonus resource and making other types already in the game rarer, to encourage more trade between nations. Also investigating the feasibility of non-aggression pacts, where an AI can propose with another peaceful AI an agreement that neither will be able to attack the other for 15 turns. Weaker civs should be willing to pay for this kind of security, while stronger civs should be able to extort for it. Or, if you don't want troops on your eastern flank, you sign a non-aggression pact with the nearest civ and then you can send your troops to the west and another theater of war.

sounds good, especially about the resources...

Next version depends on seasnake.
Try replacing the xml file in the mod's Assets\XML\Civilizations folder with the attached one (I didn't try it before that. might work. should also solve the previous crash in this thread).

Maybe I misunderstood the error message I got, but in any case it doesn't seem to influence your game.

Im going to try this also, cause I also have trouble with late game crashes.
Anyway, I enjoy playing this mod

Hey seasnake, how much time is left for release the new hotfix update? I have a good saved game before outcomes advanced eras, waiting for that siege weapons modernization by IA's to cannons and artillery upgrade in order to continue the game.

Some more feedback to improve this great mod:

- in the Future Era, the Assault Mech and Hover Tank do not receive XP from the city they're built in, but the Siege Mech does. Is this working as intended?

- I started a game as the Israelis and I wasn't able to build Maccabees, or Axemen for that matter, only Swordsmen. Just a heads up. Might it have to do with the fact that I researched Iron Working before Monotheism? :confused:

- balance-wise: I think Siam might be too powerful. Just my vote, but in several games now they've dominated. Might be just a coincidence :crazyeye:

Heavy work in Real Life is preventing projects like Modding. Have a few clients waiting on some projects.

It stinks, but it makes it hard to commit to a timetable on this stuff. I DID manage to screw up my version of the mod and need to download it again... (I tried to change several things at once and quickly test it, now I have a bug I can't find...)

It will take some time, but it will go better in August.

Oh well, we can just wait then for the fix. Hope you get the time to do so soon :) Will keep on check over here to download it as soon it's ready. :)

Hey there,

Can anyone figure out what the problem is this time? It crashes on the next turn. Thanks. :goodjob:

Attachments

• Quigley AD-1848.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1,001.2 KB · Views: 67
works fine for me:p

I'm back!

I'll be working in my free time on the Powers that Be for the next week or two. I'll be checking this forum daily for comments, questions, or suggestions.

Okay, I've downloaded TPTB, as well Asaf's fix and the Hotfix, and I've employed some of The_J's fixes listed earlier. I'll be working on bug shooting and balance.

Update: I've already fixed the Maccabee, turns out it was a very strange error. The Unit was correctly done, but Israel the Civ was looking to build an axeman replacement called the Maccabee, so it would have you build swordsmen. Of course, the real Macabee unit replaces swordsman, so Israel didn't build them instead of axemen either.

Yes!! :D Have you fix the catapults and trebuchets modernization to cannons, artillery, and mobile artillery problem??

I got a crash when I quitted the diplomacy screen.
It's really annoying and I can't get beyond Scientific Method because of that stupid crash.
I was playing as Pachacuti when that happened.

I got a crash when I quitted the diplomacy screen.
It's really annoying and I can't get beyond Scientific Method because of that stupid crash.
I was playing as Pachacuti when that happened.

Does it happen every time you load the last saved game and plays it? If so, can you attach a saved game which demonstrates this problem?

Ineresting idea regarding the civ-powers. It was one of the few ideas I actually liked in Civ V.

I wanted to take a look (partially to get ideas for the new version of my fantasy mod), but unfortunatelly, due to FBI closing megaupload, your mod is no longer avaliable.
Would it be possible to post it somewhere else?
Thanks in advance.

Got ahold of a copy of this mod and made some fixes, and I will repost a fixed version with some improved leaderheads and a few new resources (potato, rubber, bison, etc.) in the next few days. Can anyone suggest a place to host a file of 466 MB?

Further, sorry for the long time, i literally did not have a copy of this file for about 6 months! Fortunately I was abel to get ahold of a copy and use a friends copy (lots of copies around here) of civilization IV and edit it. I've hated telling people I couldn't work on it.

Alas, i think Glory and Greatness and Rise of Empires, my other two mods, are lost forever. But finally I can fix at least one!

okay, upload coming soon, I'm just making a change to Germany's power. I haven't played a game before with them, never realized they were getting armies of Barbarian Lions!

okay, here's the new download link:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22504315/The+Powers+That+Be.rar

I kept germany's power the same for now, because I realized the barbarians lions were kind of fun, and overall it wasn't a lasting problem. I will eventually try to get it changed to lower maintenance costs for armies or unlock a civic, but for now it will be as it was.

Top Bottom