The questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand random noise, but I've been picking up this particular radio station for quite some time now. And I don't even have particularly powerful speakers! Moreover, they aren't any Christian radio stations in the DC area, so it must be picking it up somewhere else.

It's certainly freaky. But AM radio can travel a long ways in the right conditions. Signals get bounced and split. Have you tried placing the speakers somewhere else and see if if goes away? I think it's likely just a freak coincidence.

What's better for you (or less bad for you)? Eating no breakfast at all, or eating a value meal from McDonalds for breakfast?

I have been told by someone with a degree in physical fitness that ANY breakfast (including doughnuts mentioned in the example) is better than none. Obviously this is subject to common sense. Even though a doughnut might be better than nothing, chances are a box of donuts are worse than nothing.

The reason for this, as I recall, was that your body is in a different mode of metabolism until you get break your fast (breakfast). You haven't eaten for 6-10 hours, and your body is burning calories at a much slower rate until you eat something.

It's certainly freaky. But AM radio can travel a long ways in the right conditions. Signals get bounced and split. Have you tried placing the speakers somewhere else and see if if goes away? I think it's likely just a freak coincidence.

Well certainly it's stronger during the night when radio waves are bouncing all over the atmosphere. But I'll see if it changes when I move them.

Why do people form East and Southeast Asia have thin eyes?

I believe it has something to do with adapting to the environment. Because to get to East Asia from Africa, people had to cross Central Asia, which is just a thousand miles of plains with little tree cover. And when you're walking through there for years, and years, and years, in the blazing sun, with no shade from it, you're body is bound to adapt. In this case, their body adapted to protect their eyes from the environment.

It's something like that.

I believe it has something to do with adapting to the environment. Because to get to East Asia from Africa, people had to cross Central Asia, which is just a thousand miles of plains with little tree cover. And when you're walking through there for years, and years, and years, in the blazing sun, with no shade from it, you're body is bound to adapt. In this case, their body adapted to protect their eyes from the environment.

I'd always thought/heard that it was not the sun, but the wind. A flat face is a more aerodynamic face if you will.

I'd always thought/heard that it was not the sun, but the wind. A flat face is a more aerodynamic face if you will.

Either of them could have done it, because you get a lot of both in Central Asia :)

EDIT: Checking Wikipedia, it said it could have been either of them

Thanks! :) I read something about sand somewhere, but I didn't really get that because I don't think Southern China and Southeast Asia has much sand, but the way you put it makes a lot of sense.

Thanks! :) I read something about sand somewhere, but I didn't really get that because I don't think Southern China and Southeast Asia has much sand, but the way you put it makes a lot of sense.
Environments can change drastically in a few ten of thousands of years. The Sahara used to be lush and green when humans first evolved and left Africa.

How do you make ketchup into something you can eat? i tried mixing it with a little milk and it came out as some disgusting goop.

How do you make ketchup into something you can eat? i tried mixing it with a little milk and it came out as some disgusting goop.

You can eat ketchup as is.
If you want to use it as the "main" ingredient in a meal, I don't know what you would do. There is a reason that it is called a condiment... It's like asking 'how do I turn pepper into something you can eat?'

Are you that broke? I suggest... not doing that. Kraft Dinner's only 50 cents a thing.

$1.37 here. and you need milk and margarine to make the cheese. just ran out of milk.

$1.37 here. and you need milk and margarine to make the cheese. just ran out of milk.

You should buy rice. Doesnt usually go bad, its cheap as eff and you can cook it with canned diced tomatoes which arent expensive at all. Delicious. I could also tell you how to make cheap pasta sauce if you wanted. You can make a lot for next to nothing.

Sand and sunlight are believed to be the two likely causes of this. It's called an epicanthic fold (I may have spelt that wrong). Mongols have them too, as do many other Asian ethnicities. It's not universal amongst East Asians though, as is commonly believed.

Blowing sand is also responsible for the cultural practice of circumcision. Think about it; would you want sand in your foreskin? Ouch.

we have exactly $0.26 cents to our name. My mom took all the pennies out of the penny jar and who knows what she spent it on.

Maybe a few penny candies or something ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom