The SDK is now available

Your right @JFD thanks!

If your having the escaped value error you need to set the correct file path through tools -> options. Building throws it into your mods folder. That seems to be the only special thing modbuddy really does unless i missed something.

Also regarding the world builder it still broken trying to set civs to players (CTD on load) though it has a bit more options now it seems. I copied the DLC examples and unless I missed something it just crashes. It also is really really buggy with cities and territory which makes sense why they never released it. Too bad that was the main thing I really was looking forward too. Let me know if you guys have better successes with it.

Yeah... no worldbuilder is a big oversight that should not have happened. I don't know what they were thinking! I hate the default map scripts and I want to make my special maps like Orbis (in my signature for Civ V). This is really disappointing.

Yes, in my mind it was something mandatory for the SDK, and know I wonder what is the "TSL support" mentioned in the patch notes... Is it hardcoded for their Earth map?

Now I hope that the graphic tools are worth it...

So how do I get to the SDK? Is it a separate download from the patch?

One problem I had was an Invalid GUID (ModID). Changing it can be done by right clicking the project solution and selecting properties. Note that as well as getting a new ID you also have to edit your modinfo file.

Now I can't get the Uploader to work. When starting it it just has a flashing ring in the centre. If I try and upload a mod it seems to work then just hangs at a certain point. Anyone else seen this?

When I open the ModBuddy and click on "New Mod...", I always get an error saying "Failed to create a "ImageSource" from the text '..\Images\Medium.png'" and nothing happens. Am I missing something? The paths in Tools->Options->Civilization VI are default, but correct (strangely, when I try to change them the line always goes blank and I have to restore defaults...).

Are you sure world builder in not part of fire tuner now. It has a world builder and wold builder city tabs now. I will give it a try and see if it works now that the patch is out.

EDIT: Yes it looks like WorldBuilder is in fire tuner now and it works but its a bit diifcult to get it to do what you want.

Last edited:
Are you sure world builder in not part of fire tuner now. It has a world builder and wold builder city tabs now. I will give it a try and see if it works now that the patch is out.

EDIT: Yes it looks like WorldBuilder is in fire tuner now and it works but its a bit diifcult to get it to do what you want.
It's been like that for some time now though. You can also enable World Builder by setting Controls.WorldBuilder:SetHide(true); to "false" in Base/Assets/UI/FrontEnd/Mods.lua and it appears in Additional Content, but the World Builder doesn't seem "finished". I don't think you can just load your maps without adding it to a new mod with a new ruleset yet either, but they do work if you do.

Now I can't get the Uploader to work. When starting it it just has a flashing ring in the centre. If I try and upload a mod it seems to work then just hangs at a certain point. Anyone else seen this?

When I uploaded it hung forever at the end but still seemed to update to the workshop. I subscribed to my mod and tested it myself to make sure.

What is ModBuddy and how do I use it?

Well considering it generates errors on Firaxis own code, I would say, be careful what you do and how you do it. Don't change code that worked in your mod before, just because mod buddy gives you an error.

Finally got my mods uploaded... using the steam uploader, not the Modbuddy... issue I had was the names & description were a little two long... you can only have 800 characters total... so watch for that!

I guess you need that DLL access if you want to create new types of city states (like maritime city states), no?

Top Bottom