1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The SDK is now available

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Gedemon, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Ewok-Bacon-Bits

Ewok-Bacon-Bits Warlord

Your right @JFD thanks!

If your having the escaped value error you need to set the correct file path through tools -> options. Building throws it into your mods folder. That seems to be the only special thing modbuddy really does unless i missed something.

Also regarding the world builder it still broken trying to set civs to players (CTD on load) though it has a bit more options now it seems. I copied the DLC examples and unless I missed something it just crashes. It also is really really buggy with cities and territory which makes sense why they never released it. Too bad that was the main thing I really was looking forward too. Let me know if you guys have better successes with it.

2. Thorburne

Thorburne Centurion

Yeah... no worldbuilder is a big oversight that should not have happened. I don't know what they were thinking! I hate the default map scripts and I want to make my special maps like Orbis (in my signature for Civ V). This is really disappointing.

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Yes, in my mind it was something mandatory for the SDK, and know I wonder what is the "TSL support" mentioned in the patch notes... Is it hardcoded for their Earth map?

Now I hope that the graphic tools are worth it...

4. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

No worldbuilder... hmm, now just going to work on my scenario civs until a decent one is released.

5. Esperr

Esperr King

So how do I get to the SDK? Is it a separate download from the patch?

6. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

Anyone tried opening Civ 5 map file since SDK release?

7. DavDarkelf

DavDarkelf Chieftain

One problem I had was an Invalid GUID (ModID). Changing it can be done by right clicking the project solution and selecting properties. Note that as well as getting a new ID you also have to edit your modinfo file.

Now I can't get the Uploader to work. When starting it it just has a flashing ring in the centre. If I try and upload a mod it seems to work then just hangs at a certain point. Anyone else seen this?

8. Hajee

Hajee Prince

Open Steam and Library then tools

9. BlackEmperor

BlackEmperor Chieftain

When I open the ModBuddy and click on "New Mod...", I always get an error saying "Failed to create a "ImageSource" from the text '..\Images\Medium.png'" and nothing happens. Am I missing something? The paths in Tools->Options->Civilization VI are default, but correct (strangely, when I try to change them the line always goes blank and I have to restore defaults...).

10. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

Are you sure world builder in not part of fire tuner now. It has a world builder and wold builder city tabs now. I will give it a try and see if it works now that the patch is out.

EDIT: Yes it looks like WorldBuilder is in fire tuner now and it works but its a bit diifcult to get it to do what you want.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  11. BlackEmperor

BlackEmperor Chieftain

It's been like that for some time now though. You can also enable World Builder by setting Controls.WorldBuilder:SetHide(true); to "false" in Base/Assets/UI/FrontEnd/Mods.lua and it appears in Additional Content, but the World Builder doesn't seem "finished". I don't think you can just load your maps without adding it to a new mod with a new ruleset yet either, but they do work if you do.

12. Magil

Magil Monarch

When I uploaded it hung forever at the end but still seemed to update to the workshop. I subscribed to my mod and tested it myself to make sure.

13. DavDarkelf

DavDarkelf Chieftain

Yes I didn't think it had worked as I hadn't agreed to the T&C's of the Steam Workshop so it wasn't showing up.

14. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

What is ModBuddy and how do I use it?

15. Elucidus

Elucidus King

Well considering it generates errors on Firaxis own code, I would say, be careful what you do and how you do it. Don't change code that worked in your mod before, just because mod buddy gives you an error.

16. ReichAdler

ReichAdler Chieftain

Finally got my mods uploaded... using the steam uploader, not the Modbuddy... issue I had was the names & description were a little two long... you can only have 800 characters total... so watch for that!

17. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

No world builder, am I seeing it right? I'm surprised. And disappointed.

18. Fuyu

Fuyu Emperor

No worldbuilder, no DLL source code, nothing. Why do they even call it "SDK" if there's nothing useful in it?

devolution, Jeckel and cromcrom like this.
  19. ITcore

ITcore Warlord

DLL access will be added SoonTM

20. BlackEmperor

BlackEmperor Chieftain

I guess you need that DLL access if you want to create new types of city states (like maritime city states), no?