1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The SDK is now available

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Gedemon, Feb 23, 2017.

1. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

2. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

Yes they even included granny viewer with the tools but they call it a FGX viewer and it can open the .fgx files as well as the .gr2 files. I even tried renaming a .fgx to .gr2 and was able to open it in the old Granny viewer.

3. Candido Rondon

Candido Rondon Chieftain

I guess we won't be seeing the source code any time soon.

4. Gort

Gort Emperor

Are you crazy? If they show us the source code then any strategy game producer could just steal their revolutionary AI code!

devolution and Androrc the Orc like this.
  5. Soduka

Soduka Warlord

It'll be like CiV. They'll release it long after anyone cares and everyone has moved on or lost interest. The 'support' they've given post Civ IV has been bottom-tier, yet they have some kind of obsession with CLAIMING that THIS TIME it'll be the most moddable Civilization ever. Don't know why they won't just drop the pretense; all they care about/have orders for now is pumping out overpriced DLC.

devolution and Jeckel like this.
  6. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

When they claimed this Civ would become the most moddable ever, I thought of getting a Mod-creator like in Civ 3 oder world builder from Civ 4. This is indeed disappointing.

7. Nomad or What

Nomad or What Wayfarer Supporter

They can put any price tag they want on it - I ain't buying it. Unless, of course, they can come through on their claim that it is the most moddable Civilization ever. For now, it has become the last penny I will put into this franchise ever....

fuad likes this.
  8. BlackEmperor

BlackEmperor Chieftain

I'm still having the same problem. Anyone?

9. Cotrioa1

Cotrioa1 Chieftain

I have problem, actually i'm so frustrated because of it! but i'm trying download development tools and assets for a month! first it was not showing up in the library-tools, and then when i manage somehow to appear, i click install on development tools, it just download the EMPTY FOLDER! NO MODBUDY NO ASSETS,, NOTHING! i tried everything! and it's annoying! so can anybody upload development tools and assets to download them without steam?? ps.. sory if my english is terrible!

10. Viper.Fennec

Viper.Fennec Chieftain

hI need help, been trying to find the SDK but according to steam the SDK for Civ 6 doesn't exist so what do I do know or am I just **** out of luck if i want to make a custom Civilization?

11. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Are you running a Windows Machine? The SDK only is available for Windows machines. It will be in Steam under your Library > Tools Dropdown Menu. With the recent alterations to the steam Interface this may not be as easy to find as it once was.