The SDK is now available

No worldbuilder, no DLL source code, nothing. Why do they even call it "SDK" if there's nothing useful in it?

I was wondering this. What can we do now that we couldn't do before?

I found out how to change Features in game, can anybody tell me how to change terrain? it seems bugged.

I think that might be doable with lua... maritime city states, that is.
Any idea how difficult it would be? I've never done lua editing before. Could there be a mod for Civ 5 that adds new types of city states that I could check, provided that lua editing hasn't changed much compared to Civ 6?

Anyone tried the fbx importer yet. I had a couple of goes and all I got was this. Looks like we are going to need some templates before we can start modding units.

Attachments

• Granny.png
    Granny.png
    160.8 KB · Views: 376
Anyone tried the fbx importer yet. I had a couple of goes and all I got was this. Looks
Mlike we are going to need some templates before we can start modding units.

Are there no 3D assets in the files? The update desc says that the Development Assets include models.

Are there no 3D assets in the files? The update desc says that the Development Assets include models.
Yes there are 3d assets but they are not exportable that I can see so I don't know how to get them into blender. I tried to open in NexusBuddy given they are just renamed gr2 files but it crashed. Tried grnreader and that did not work either.

Any idea how difficult it would be? I've never done lua editing before. Could there be a mod for Civ 5 that adds new types of city states that I could check, provided that lua editing hasn't changed much compared to Civ 6?

It depends what you want them to do. I have not tried, but I think you create a civilization modeled on a vanilla city state, and then create modifiers or use lua to give it the attributes you wish. I have not tried, but creating a city state should not be more difficult than any other civilization. What do you want your maritime city state to do? If it's a specific city, it could likely be created without creating a subclass of maritime city states. I am less certain about creating a whole class of city states called Maritime Cities... I was thinking more about an individual city.

I'm likely speaking out of my depth at this point.

It depends what you want them to do. I have not tried, but I think you create a civilization modeled on a vanilla city state, and then create modifiers or use lua to give it the attributes you wish. I have not tried, but creating a city state should not be more difficult than any other civilization. What do you want your maritime city state to do? If it's a specific city, it could likely be created without creating a subclass of maritime city states. I am less certain about creating a whole class of city states called Maritime Cities... I was thinking more about an individual city.

I'm likely speaking out of my depth at this point.
Yeah, building a new sub-class was my intention. I've looked through the Civilizations.xml and Leader.xml files and most stuff is defined there. Suzerain bonuses, capital/district boosts for each type and general information (like names). Colors are defined in Colors.xml for each type of city state. Creating new city states should work largely using those as a base. There's just the TypeProperties table in Civilizations.xml that includes lines like this:
Code:
<Row Type="CIVILIZATION_AMSTERDAM" Name="CityStateCategory" Value="TRADE"/>
And this is what I can't find anywhere. The CityStateCategory and its values (which correspond to the city state types). I don't think you could just put something like "MARITIME" into Value and expect it to work, so I figured there'd more to that. I also think that the modifiers that define the envoy boosts for your capital and districts are tied to these specific files somewhere, since I didn't find anything that would directly link each modifier to the type of city state.

I'm having a hard time finding out what to do with my map scripts, e.g. a modified continents.lua, in modbuddy. I knew how to do it with Civ 5 and also by direct editing of the modinfo file but now...

In the modinfo file I used to have this section:
<ImportFiles id="JHW_MOD_IMPORT">
<Items>
<File>Map_Scripts/Continents.lua</File>
</Items>
</ImportFiles>

Now I don't really know where to put it in Modbuddy. Can anyone help?

\Skodkim

Yes there are 3d assets but they are not exportable that I can see so I don't know how to get them into blender. I tried to open in NexusBuddy given they are just renamed gr2 files but it crashed. Tried grnreader and that did not work either.

So can you view the models in Granny Viewer?

I found out how to change Features in game, can anybody tell me how to change terrain? it seems bugged.
Code:
local iGrassMountain = GameInfo.Terrains["TERRAIN_GRASS_MOUNTAIN"].Index
TerrainBuilder.SetTerrainType(pPlot, iGrassMountain)
This worked for me right after the game was originally released. But it had to be done in a GameplayScript instead of a UI context, and as in civ5, the graphics for the plot did not update until I saved and reloaded the test game I was running at the time.

I've had minor success using the worldbuilder.ltp and as LeeS said, I have to reload (save/load) to see changes. I got river placement to work but I don't know how, it worked but I don't know what I did to make it work and I can't get it to work anymore...

What method are you trying?

Seems I won't be uploading my mods to the Workshop any time soon. ModBuddy won't build the simplest of mods (even their own examples) as I get "escapedValue" cannot be null every time.
And to top it off the uploader crashes with no error when I select the modinfo to upload, so can't even put up my existing released packages :(
Have you figured out a way to fix this??

Download the Development Assets and then in ModBuddy open up the Tools\Options menu item. Select Civilization VI at the bottom and make sure all the Paths are set. Normally the Assets Path is empty and you have to set it before any Mod will build.

For me this under \Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK Assets

Appears the banana is mute.....
I think that the AssetEditor tried to whisper something to me, but I don't speak that langage...

So do I have to download "Development Assets" to get ModBuddy to work? I'm not sure what I'd get out of it and it says its a whopping 28GB! That's gonna take a long time to download.

So do I have to download "Development Assets" to get ModBuddy to work? I'm not sure what I'd get out of it and it says its a whopping 28GB! That's gonna take a long time to download.

According to the readme located within X:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK\Documentation you only need to download them if you want to use them.

In order to reduce the download size for modders who do not require these assets, they have been moved into their own separate Steam Tools entry.

These assets are stored in "Sid Meier's Civilization VI Development Assets.

ModBuddy will attempt to auto-discover these assets but may have trouble if they were installed to a custom location. From within ModBuddy, navigate to Tools->Options->Civilization VI and set the 'Civilization VI Assets Path' to the root folder of the assets.

By default, this is usually:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK Assets

But I haven't been able to get anything to work yet so..... I could be talking outta my but sorry!!

Top Bottom