1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Thread Where We Discuss Guns and Gun Control

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lemon Merchant, Apr 2, 2018.

1. inthesomeday

inthesomeday Immortan

But like... how we gonna give em the wall if we don’t have guns

cardgame likes this.
  2. Manfred Belheim

Manfred Belheim Warlord

Beat them to death with bike locks?

3. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

Actually I deployed the metaphor with malice aforethought, you caught me.

Incidentally, I think something is off when you can read a post that contains a joking reference to executing the leaders of the global arms trade as advocating for "liberal restriction of gun ownership to rich people". I was unaware that US defense contractors were such an important part of the proletarian vanguard, but I'll be sure to bear that in mind going forward.

4. Hrothbern

Hrothbern Warlord

If rights are not rooted in values, rights become from a moral point of view meaningless rules

values are selfevident of a higher nature than rights
    and rights are therefore limited to where they would exceed the values where they were rooted in (and undermine values).

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    AdrienIer, SS-18 ICBM and Lexicus like this.
  5. Commodore

Commodore Technology of Peace

Yet again you demonstrate your inability to do even basic research. I quoted it in another thread. That's for you to look up on your own since I've long since stopped caring about treating you with anything resembling common courtesy or respect.

Because you weren't showing me respect. Not for real at least. All you did was go from being condescending in the threads to patronizing in the PMs. Both are equally disrespectful and insulting. Especially since you go right back to condescending in the threads. I get it though, gotta grandstand and show off for the crowd, right?

Isn't this the sort of post where a moderator warns you for stating it like this instead of using the report function?
    Moderator Action: Enough PDMA. --LM

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2018
  6. inthesomeday

inthesomeday Immortan

I was unaware you thought the courts could be used to meaningfully prosecute the military industrial complex.

7. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Thread Killer Moderator

Moderator Action: Please refrain from public speculation of moderator actions, vis á vis what we will and will not do. It is PDMA and will be dealt with as such. Thank you.

8. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Yes I was.
    "For real"? What does that even mean? If I disagree with anything you say I am somehow disrespecting you? C'mon man. It kinda seems like you want to carry your aggrieved status and you refuse to listen to anything that disturbs that...
    OK. I didn't mean to be condescending or insulting, either in the thread or in the PM. I don't agree that anything I said to you was condescending or patronizing, and I'm sad that you feel it was. I wish that you didn't feel that way, because you know I'm not going to stop speaking up when I disagree with you.

9. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

:think::think::think::think::think::think::think:

Valka D'Ur likes this.
  10. onejayhawk

onejayhawk Afflicted with reason

No one this thread is showing him respect, not to mention piling on. You are one of the lesser offenders, but still an offender.

You are correct; he has a point. To be fair, it is a reciprocal thing.

J

11. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Please quote something I said to Commodore in this thread, that in your opinion was disrespectful. Also please explain why you think it was not showing respect.

12. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Warlord

As if the piling on isn't warranted. If I went around every other thread making it about space, I'd expect to be piled on. Particularly if I started every other post, 'This isn't about space ...
    But everyone trying to cut NASA's budget is just scared of space and doesn't understand how the constitution works. It is my inalienable right to put ion cannons in orbit have you even read the constitution ? Some people are cowards about space and blah blah blah ' I'm pretty sure I'd garner a nice gaggle of haters.

Cutlass likes this.
  13. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

It just seems a bit rich to complain about feeling disrespected while also, in the very same post, proclaiming that you don't care about extending someone basic courtesy or respect. Don't ya think?

Valka D'Ur likes this.
  14. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Another drone in the hive mind

Or, say, if in every thread you spouted the same GOP talking points that people who were interested in them could get from Faux News or Breitbart and kept acting like having said this nonsense you had established the factual framework within which further discussion should take place. Just think how widely despised you would be if you did that.

15. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

All the while claiming firmly to be an Independent, not a Republican.

16. Bugfatty300

Bugfatty300 Buddha Squirrel

Well, you just get them up against the wall. Pink Floyd didn't specify anything beyond that part.

17. Manfred Belheim

Manfred Belheim Warlord

But what if you posted in a thread called "The Thread Where We Discuss NASA and NASA Budgetary Restraints"? Would you not think, regardless of what you'd posted in other threads, people would at least think it reasonable for you to be talking about it there?

18. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Another drone in the hive mind

In a vacuum, maybe. But in reality we are a community of people who develop familiarity, even friendships. Expecting that a new thread will give you a fresh start reset and nullify consequences of previous egregious behavior is a fever dream.

Synsensa likes this.
  19. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Nothing

It is the inalienable right of each and every American to possess an orbital weapons platform with at least 6 nukes, one ion cannon and a high-energy X-ray laser cannon! Anyone who say's otherwise is a dirty feelthey commie and will soon taste ion bolts and/or be Lazor'd!

20. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

While simultaneously demanding people look up posts you made in other threads? Yeah sure :rolleyes: