The Tribal Elders of Delphi

Welcome, council members and citizens of Delphi Nova, to this meeting...

Turn 16 - the start of a rather quiet period for the people, I am most pleased to report.

The city of Delphi Nova purchases some fine looking hill terrain for 65 gold. Some say this was expensive, but the extra production helped fund supplies for a band of settlers (Settler to be produced 1 turn sooner).

Worrying news from the west told of our Spearman locked in battle against hordes of barbarian warriors. Fortunately, it seemed they had the upper hand despite being fenced in by the wild-men.

The scout continued his northward journey, finding nothing of note, and the sage and wisemen (lead by the oldest and wisest of them all, Kyros) continued to ponder thoughts of a system of dates, rather cryptically termed 'Calender'.

Spoiler :

Turn 17 & 18 - the Spearmen break through the ranks of the barbarians, slaying one half of the wild-man army en route. Despite a damaging counter attack, they manage to escape into the hills, vowing to rest up and return to take down the barbarian encampment.

The scout continues his northward voyage, revealing another encampment of vile barbarians to the north of Siamese territory. The Chinese scouting party is sitting upon some valuable looking gems nearby.

Spoiler :

Turn 19 - CIVILIZATION DISCOVERED - our scout finds the desert people of 'Netherlands', lead by a man named William (who was wearing some rather fetching orange tights). His lands are far to the north, above even the lands of Rammy of the Siamese.

Spoiler :

Turn 20 - our Spearman is sitting atop a hill and healing wounds. The scout continues to explore to the north, east of the newly discovered Dutch people.

Our settlers will be ready in 5 turns.
'Calender' should be ready to be implemented in 4 turns.
Mr. Grieves confidently informs me that because of our Cultural affinities, we will be ready to advance the people in 2 turns.

The current lay of the land:
Spoiler :

SHOCK AND SORROW

It seems our leader, mrkingkong the 1st, has slipped peacefully into the lands of the ancestors. It was a fitting, noble and good death for our founding father and leader. My condolences to his fifteen wives and thirty seven children...

Of course, I have gathered you all here now to take part in the ceremony of election. We will not leave this council hall until we have elected a new leader from amongst your number.
----

Already the rumour mill grinds as to who the Council of Elders will elect as leader for the next term. The leading candidates are thought to be the following (feel free to rule yourselves out):

mrkingkong ('the younger') - son and heir of our last illustrious leader. Shown himself to be capable of following in his fathers footsteps, should he get the nod of the people.

CaesarKyros ('the wise') - known to many as 'The Wise and Mysterious'. Previously held the role of Sage and Wiseman. Now, perhaps, to greater things?

Mr. Grieves ('the pious') - former spiritual and cultural advisor to the Chief. Some say he will lead this nation into a new era of prosperity, piety and glory for the almighty.

cpm4001('the builder') - formerly held the role of Chief Engineer. Can he engineer a new rule for himself, and build the great nation of Delphi?

dot80('the farmer') - newly appointed advisor on all matters of growth, development and trade. Came into his role later and perhaps as a result is not as well known by the Elders, but could he grow into something more for Delphi?

----
All citizens are eligible to vote, votes for yourself are not allowed
(except in the case of a tie, in which case the current chief CAN vote himself back in if he is tied with others and has not reached his 20-turn limit)

Please reply below with your vote :) good luck to all.:goodjob: :king:

Esteemed council members, my sincere condolences for this devestating loss. I shall see to it mrkingkong The Magnificent, founder of our great nation, be incorporated into our pantheon of Gods.

A statue, twelve meters tall, shall be erected in our village square, that generations to come may awe and gasp at His magnificence.

I remain confident our priorities should remain of a peaceful nature for the foreseeable future. Our attention would best be put into growing our population as fast as possible. To this end, I feel that after granting our subjects Citizenship, we need to explore more Traditional methods of government.

Constructing awe-inspiring wonders now, which is perfectly reasonable given our capital's location, will give us significant benefits to religion and culture later. Siege Towers remain relevant for much longer than catapults would. Therefore, a quarry should be constructed at the nearby marble repository at our earliest convenience.

While on the subject of some much-needed return to Tradition, the Delphian clergy supports mrkingkong II's rightful claim to the throne.

Though still in mourning for our esteemed MrKingKong, engineer cpm4001 suggests we elect his son and logical heir, MrKingKong the younger.

The votes are in, and with a majority vote of 3 votes out of 5, the council of elders votes in mrkingkong the 2nd, known as 'the younger' for the next ten turns of chieftainship.

Spoiler :
Voting breakdown:
mrkingkong - 3 votes
Other candidates - 0 votes
(2 abstained/timed out)

Victory speech:
"To my fellow Delphians. It has been a trying and testing few days with the death of my father, the honourable mrkingkong.

I would like to thank you all, and particularly the loyal and wise advisors to my father for this opportunity to lead the great people of Delphi Nova.

It is with great pleasure that I take up this role. I look to continue in the noble work of my father. Where he left off, I will proceed onwards. Our people have the opportunity to build something amazing in this bountiful land. I pledge to do the best I can, during my reign, to continue the great traditions of our people.

With this in mind, I would be delighted to keep you all on as advisors in your current capacity. Very soon, I shall call a council meeting to decide our future progress.

For now, thank you all and godspeed."

Welcome, fellow Delphians and council members, to this next meeting...

I am pleased to report, another relatively quiet period in the history of the Delphian people.

Turn 21 - our scout proceeds further north, and finds yet more barbarian scum.

Spoiler :

Turn 22 - thanks to the tutoring of the spiritual Mr. Grieves, our people are ready to accept Citizenship within the empire. Filled with nationalistic fervour, a bunch of workers gather to the south of Delphi Nova.

Spoiler :

Turn 23 - the workers head to the Marble deposits. In a further turn, they should be able to make use of the cotton, but for now they go about improving the Marble.

Spoiler :

Turn 24 - success! Our scholars, lead by the genius CaesarKyros, discover Calender. Quoth Kyros himself: "So teach us to number our days, so that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom"

Our scouts head East, and discover the Militaristic people of Almaty. Their fine Silken robes are the envy of our raggedy bunch of scouts.

Spoiler :

Turn 25 - an ambitious group of barbarians threatens the very borders of Delphi Nova! This outrage cannot be allowed to go unpunished, and already our people within the capital prepare arrows and ballista-shot to fire upon the invaders.

Spoiler :

Our settlers are completed, and Chief Engineer cpm4001 proudly boasts they are well-equipped and ready to spread the influence of our people far and wide.

In other news, the survey commissioned by our Growth and Economics minister, dot80, returns. It seems William and his orange farmers are the most well-fed of the civilizations that we know. Our -2 is false, and once the workers are duly re-assigned (following completion of our band of Settlers), we are once more in the positive growth (+2).

Spoiler :

-------
The current state of the nation:
Our capital, Delphi Nova, awaiting production orders. It is 1 turn away from border expansion.
Spoiler :

Our Spearman to the West reports barbarians gathering in the forests for an attack
Spoiler :

Our wiseman reports that the scratchings and scribbles he has been using for 'notes' can be turned into a formal system of Writing
Spoiler :

- It is 12 turns until we are ready to advance to the next Cultural level.
- Our settler awaits direction.
- Our workers, currently building a Marble Quarry, will then require further direction.
- The city of Delphi Nova awaits orders for the next production.
- Land to the southeast of our capital is still unexplored, and with our scout to the far north and spearman injured to the west, is this something we need to address sooner rather than later?

Please, oh wise and loyal advisors, submit to me your counsel. :p

The humble Congressmen Dostayer Suggest to research "Animal Husbandry" so we can construct a Trade caravan, and thus increase our income to support the prosperity of our nation.
Of course we can take the Militarily path, but if we do, we must do it quickly before our neighbors will employ CKN or the Elephants, And with my estimation, they won't deploy until the Medieval Era, which is a shame to Humanity if you ask me.

All in all, we should found a religion, with that, we can increase our influence and prosperity, we should send the settler to the holy mountain of Kaliash!

This might be the Wise men realm but I do think we should get Education faster than our opponents, for any purpose.

XDD
I just like to plan ahead
And beeline to education is always a good idea ;)

iPhone " Tapatalk

Ah
And we should scout the eastern part, If we have someone like Shaka in our back we should deal with him as soon as possible
Constructing a royal library after we research writing will aid us with experience, and ofc we also need the writer guild in order to use its effects.

iPhone " Tapatalk

Top Bottom