The ultimate Civ

Expansive, Imperialistic
Fast Worker
Terrace
Wheel and Agri

I'm going to explain this.

Cheap settlers, cheaper Fast Workers, a granary UU that provides culture, and a setup for a straight Pottery beeline out of the gate.

Org/Imp
Panzer
Ikhanda
Industrialism/Flight

This is how I would like to start :D

Otherwise, I'd probly take Shaka with Praets and switch hunting for mining

Cull , certainly not outright saying fast worker a dud , just not at its peak preformance at this speed

boring I know , but possibly Quecha ? would be very a cost effective of way protecting the awesome REX potential of your other selections and if by chance you had a Civ nearby to rush , then all the better with the easy Great General from IMP .

Skirmisher has some nice synergy since you could avoid the top half of the tech tree for ages (due to Terraces) so no Feudalism . Just really push peacefully to currency and code of laws with Skirmishes to keep you safe

Quencha would be useful for military police and HR. Just never get hunting or hook up copper until needed.

I still would take Fast Worker>Quencha though.

Philisophical, Industrious
Landsknecht
Seowon

Agriculture
Mining

But I like to play OCC, so take that with a grain of salt

Wait, this is for Marathon speed? Ah, that changes things a bit. I've never played Marathon, but it's got to be Quechas or Praetorians then, for maximum Marathon cheese quotient.

The wheel, agriculture
Financial, expansive
Sacrificial altar (accept no substitutes)
Keshik

Use cheap workers and chop/whip your way across your starting continent with a mounted rush. Enjoy extra commerce and health in the midgame. Win.

Quencha would be useful for military police and HR. Just never get hunting or hook up copper until needed.

I still would take Fast Worker>Quencha though.

on marathon the benefit is really small compared to fastest game, military units are better because they obsolete later.

yes, you can slaughter a lot of wild animals and barbs :shifty:

Be careful, the 4th legion of panthers is flanking behind while the 8th armored division (obviously bears) distracts. The 25th is marching across the desert to lay down a surprise assault close in (lions).

And yes, on mara the top candidates for UU are Quecha, War Chariot, Immortal, Prat, Keshik, and Vulture.

Financial, Charismatic
Agriculture + The Wheel
Praetorian
Terrace

Ok , you get to choose the following .

Traits (2)
UU
UB
Starting techs.

Huge continents on marathon at immortal level . All other settings standard.

I guess Napolean with Praets and Ziggurats starting with mining and the wheel would be nice.
That would be good!

I would take...
Traits = CHR + ORG
UU = Praet (duh)
UB = Ikhanda (-20% maintenance, plus the 1/2 price courthouses = very large empire rather easily supportable)
Techs = Mining, Hunting (not my favorite, BUT, you get the scout instead of the warrior for advanced hut popping, which on a Huge map is pretty important)

In a blaze of glory I would conquer the world.

That would be good!

I would take...
Traits = CHR + ORG
UU = Praet (duh)
UB = Ikhanda (-20% maintenance, plus the 1/2 price courthouses = very large empire rather easily supportable)
Techs = Mining, Hunting (not my favorite, BUT, you get the scout instead of the warrior for advanced hut popping, which on a Huge map is pretty important)

Oh crap I forgot about Cha.

I would say Imp/Cha (instead of Imp/Org)
Praet
Ikhanda
Hunting, Fishing

ORG/CHA (I think ORG is better than AGG, actually)
Praetorian
Ikhanda
Mining, Agriculture (Farms = food, food = mines, mines = production); perhaps better Fishing than Agriculture if there are no grasslands or floodplains around though

Financial, Industrious Wonders and crazy science rate.
Redcoat Renisance rush
Stock Exchange (Cash)
Mysticism/Mining (Early Wonders and Holy cities)

I would take...
Traits = CHR + ORG
UU = Praet (duh)

You're right, ikhandas would be better. I was thinking maybe AGG would beat CHA though, to make them faster, and probably benefit praetorians more since the combat line is more effective with praets than city raider.

You're right, ikhandas would be better. I was thinking maybe AGG would beat CHA though, to make them faster, and probably benefit praetorians more since the combat line is more effective with praets than city raider.
Not when the goal is to conquer cities...
8:strength: plus CR3!!! That's pretty darn tough to top in the classical age.

I would take AGG. Unlike CHA, it gives you an advantage against your first target. You'd probably have to take out 3 opponents before CHA caught up in promotion value.

Top Bottom