The Walking Dead: AMC-channel series Anyone psyched?

the last episode I thought they would meet people when they went to (what I thought was) a correctional facility.

the graphic novel has this whole thing with a prison, where the prisoners and guards are living and fended off their zombies.

and by the graphic novel I mean what I remember reading on wikipedia.

Spoiler :
carl kills shane in right? I agree that it seems to me they may be setting it up.

shame shane may die. Everyone is fairly worthless and he actually wants to survive, as well as make the camp survive. While I wouldn't go around killing other people in the zombie apocalypse, everyone is running around being stupid as hell.

like the blond lady (lol, I don't even know her name) last episode--talking stuff about "let [farm girl #2] find out if she really wants to live"--stupid as anything. As well as rick's wife (don't know the name) also criticising said blond lady for keeping watch.

Even if the blond lady doesn't do much, protecting the camp vs the zombies is #1 priority.

The latest episode was one of the strongest of the whole show. I agree with some critics that more episodes need to focus on less characters (like Lost). I was surprised yet another character didn't feel like life was worth living (Beth) and yet I was invested in her conflict unlike everyone who had the same issue before.

Shane's obviously going to go by the end of the season. I think Dale might be the next to go too.

Nope, sorry

Spoiler :
Damn, when Dale was ripped open, that was bloody scary. I didnt think walkers were THAT strong!

Interesting episode.......

Spoiler :
Was hoping Dale wouldn't die... Also I've heard that Shane is dieing this season as well (Amc accidentally leaked something) wonder if that's still going to happen..

Spoiler :
hasn't tv show dale done nothing but been safe in his little RV? gets a little upset and now goes wandering off by himself late at night to the edge of the woods and can't even take a slow zombie one on one? Or at least gets gutted by one (k zombies rip open humans now, didn't know).

That was meh to me, but I think it's good to kill off a character for letting his guard down. I don't think it's good to have the kid be stupid as anything.

damn kids. ruining my srs business.

Spoiler :
hasn't tv show dale done nothing but been safe in his little RV? gets a little upset and now goes wandering off by himself late at night to the edge of the woods and can't even take a slow zombie one on one? Or at least gets gutted by one (k zombies rip open humans now, didn't know).

That was meh to me, but I think it's good to kill off a character for letting his guard down. I don't think it's good to have the kid be stupid as anything.

damn kids. ruining my srs business.

Spoiler :
He's been out a few times, like when he took all the guns and Shane chased him. Aside from that, just wandering around like to the stables or Daryl's... wherever Daryl hangs out.

Should've killed stupid Carl.

And they talked about the gutting on Talking Dead, the reasoning was that the zombies' fingers aren't fleshy, they're bony and fingernaily. Made sense to me.

Spoiler :
Doesn't really make sense the me that everyone who dies becomes a zombie even if they weren't bitten or anything.

Edit -

Spoiler :
I looked at imdb and it explains that everyone is infected with some kind of virus that makes them come back after they die, I don't recall them explaining this before, maybe they will in the next episode.

It's explained in the last episode of the first season.

Spoiler :
As for the no-visible-bites, that's a new thing that the characters don't seem to understand either. I take it as a hint that the virus has become transmissible without the biting/scratching. I don't think they'll stray from it being a virus, it'll just be otherwise transmissible. Airborne or something.

Tonight's was just weak all around. I'm less and less impressed with this show. :(

I liked the episode personally..

Spoiler :
And Remember the Episode when they were at the CDC and Dr. Jenner whispered something in Rick's Ear? Yeah I think it was him telling Rick that all there blood was infected (he took blood tests remember), and that once they die the virus takes over and you turn into one.

Also Shane died yes :D

At least in the comic book,

Spoiler :
they figure out after a while that everyone is already infected with whatever it is that zombifies people upon death, so anyone who dies for any reason will come back unless they're damaged in ways incompatible with zombification. Zombie bites per se "only" give you a very nasty blood infection that almost certainly kills you.

The TV show seems to be hinting towards a similar revelation.

it's gotten so bad, i stopped watching it for the sole reason of complaining about it somewhen during the first half of this season.

T-dog seemed to get more lines and stuff this episode.

Anyways, I dont see why people didnt like the episode. I think the zombie killing scene in the beginning was good!

I just started on the comics yesterday. I'm only up to #20, but I strongly recommend them to anyone that's into the show. The stories are better, and they don't spend a whole damn season at the Boring Soap Opera Farm. And I don't want to punch Andrea in the face every time she opens her mouth. I'm not super-impressed with the artwork, it makes some of the visual details difficult to sort out. That might just be my inexperience with the format. Get 'em, they're great.

So I'm thinking we see Merle Dixon making a comeback in season 3.

Spoiler :
I think the helicopter we saw belongs to the governor and rescued Merle off the roof of that building he was hand-cuffed to in Atlanta.

EDIT: Might as well add this too.

Michael Rooker Confirms His Return as Merle

So I'm thinking we see Merle Dixon making a comeback in season 3.

Spoiler :
I think the helicopter we saw belongs to the governor and rescued Merle off the roof of that building he was hand-cuffed to in Atlanta.

EDIT: Might as well add this too.

Michael Rooker Confirms His Return as Merle

Yes, but it could be like earlier in the season when he's more of a ghost than a real person. There could also be flashbacks or prequel events like while Rick was still in a coma. There had to be a lot that happened that we don't know about yet.

Top Bottom